Journey Into Electric Darkness

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
gaggedutopia
Site Admin

RE: Journey Into Electric Darkness

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

One of the authors and members of this forum submitted a personal account to me for posting. I thought I would post a link here and start some discussion. Here is the link:

Journey Into Electric Darkness

I personally found this account to be interesting because I myself enjoy making electronic devices to be used usually with self-bondage. While electricity is not really my thing, I wanted to see if anyone else had this interest as well.

On the subject of electricity, I do have a few questions maybe someone could answer. I would assume that a square-wave would be too abrasive (burning sensation) and since the story mentioned batteries, should I assume some story of transformer was used to turn it into a sine-wave? The story does mention a 50Hz frequency as the optimal range, would anyone else agree with this statement?

Someday I wouldn't mind trying to make a device to experiment with. I am not sure if I would even enjoy it, so I am not willing to spend a few hundred on a TENS unit .
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

voltsjolts
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by voltsjolts »

GU, you are correct about the square wave being abrasive.  that isthe best thing to use if you are into pain.  if you want morepleasurable stimulation the get a TENS unit.  as far as myinterests go, only a square wave gives the nice sharp jolt.as for general used of electric devices, i have moved on quite a bitsince that story.  i now use small microcontrollers hooked up toservos and motors. you can find many easy to use products from legomindstorm computers, to parallax basic stamps to radio shack's new vexcomputer.  there are many things you can do to add variety andcomplexity to self play:- a servo can be bonded directly to a knob to turn up/down whateverkind of device you might enjoy from a simple vibrator to a commercialTENS unit to a home-made device of some sort.   - a servo can also be hooked up to a release mechanism for a key. you can use a key drop from the ceiling or i prefer a string andpendulum technique to ensure that i know the exact position of the keywhen it comes to rest as compared to a drop that might have it bounceaway just out of reach!  - the computer can also turn on a light when the session is over andyou can use that to open a combination lock (make sure the room is toodark to see without it)- finally, dont ever place all of your eggs in one basket. computers do fail and batteries die so i use a fool-proof backup in theform of a kitchen windup timer.  i attach a nail to the dial andposition it such that it holds back a second key on a pendulumstring.  when the dial rotates to the end the nail releases thestring and lets the key swing over to me.-voltsjolts

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

Thanks for the tips.  My favorite device for self bondage is anelectro-magnet release.  I bought a 30lb electromagnet from eBayand connected it to a small 16v wall transformer.  Thistransformer is plugged into a wall timer which is then plugged into astandard UPS (APC 200va or 400va).  The idea is that if the timerfails to cut the power, the UPS will run out of juice anyway. Laws of energy guarantee's release.  I recommend attaching a lock or something to the key for when themagnet runs out of power.  The resident magnetic charge is enoughto keep the key in place by itself for a very long time(days/weeks).  Using that setup, I have three favorite scenarios: With everything setup, I would put the equipment on a high shelfand set the timer.  It's a digital timer, so I can selectduration, time of release or "vacation timer" which is basicallyrandom.  I then bind myself and wait for the key to drop. Using a chain bolted to the magnet, the other end is bolted tothe wall.  With hands bound behind the back (and a spreader barfor good measure), I attach some very strong nipple clamps (the kindthat twist tighter).  setting the timer, I hold the nipple chainclose to the magnet.  With nipples held tight, I cuff mywrists.  The magnet has 30lbs of pull and won't come offeasily.  One time I fell back and the clamps pulled off and themagnet held the chain still.  OUCH!! The last one is similar to the second only I chain the magnet tothe bed.  Clamps attached, I secure my hands behind me.  Thedifference is I have a massager laying on the bed to rub upagainst.  It is set on a low setting and is not enough to bring meto orgasm, but sooooo close.  Frustrating as hell, but worth it atthe end.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!