Cheap corset recommendation

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Cheap corset recommendation

Unread post by Tied85 »

I recently bought a longline corset online for £35 after reading a few reviews saying it was good for actually drawing in your waist. It arrived quickly and immediately it felt heavier than the usual 'lingerie' style corset, so I tried it on and WOW! It immediately hugged my figure, the steel boning feels amazing and my waist has gone from 32" to 28" (I ordered a size 26) and because it's a longline fit it goes from covering my nipples down to just underneath my hip bones. Here's the one I bought:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25499

I've got it on underneath a t-shirt for around the house it's that comfy :D

Frank
Chair Bound

Re: Cheap corset recommendation

Unread post by Frank »

It looks great! Glad you're happy with it. That looks like something I would buy, but I would want some red trim or lace added. I gotta theme going of red and black clothing.

One question: how is your flexibility? Sitting down, bending over, lying down, that sort of thing. I have a waist cincher from Rago, http://www.amazon.com/Rago-821-Womens-W ... B008RJSOJ0, that tucks in nicely and gives a straight posture feeling like an etiquette class from the 50s. But sometimes you wish for something a little more restrictive. :twisted:

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

Movement isn't too restricted, although bending down is near impossible as the boning really restricts you; you have to stoop down with your legs bent to pick things up. Doing this you'll notice that the long length of the corset stops your legs from coming up too far, too. This is definitely a 'heels before corset' item!

Compared to a cincher it will probably feel a lot more restrictive since it's got really stiff metal clasps at the front (they're very difficult to do up at times, the steel is that stiff) and flat steel boning throughout, and when done up really tight it compresses you from all angles. It's also more restrictive than a spiral boned one as the boning in this is plain steel.

Having said that it is very, very comfortable to wear, especially if you let it warm to your body for 30 minutes before tightening. I tend to tighten it to a 31" closure and then after 30 minutes really go for it until I'm at about 28". Either of these tightnesses are comfy and you can lay down in it very easily. I'd go as far as saying that you could sleep in it if you got the laces tucked away somewhere. A spiral boned one would probably be even more comfortable while maintaining the small waist.

If you want restrictive, flat steel boning is the way to go!
Last edited by Tied85 on 20 Jul 2014, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

I managed to get a photo of me bending forwards as far as I can with the corset done up tight (4" reduction). It's not really easy to see from this but I assure you I was really trying to bend forwards here! It just goes to show how restrictive it is.