False nails.

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
restricted
Forever Mummified

False nails.

Unread post by restricted »

Hi folks. Having never stuck false nails on before I find I am going to have to for my belly dance. The problem is, what to use so they come off at the end of the session. Any Ideas? I don't want to have to walk around with false nails on until they grow out. Lol! People might think I'm weird. Then again, they would be right wouldn't they.
I used to be weird and kinky. But then I joined Bound Forum and became normal.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Re: False nails.

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

A few years ago, "press on nails" basically used double-sided tape as adhesive, and the directions even suggested using an additional piece of double-stick cello tape if the factory adhesive got damaged or dirty or wasn't sticking. As long as the backs of your natural fingernails are clean when they're "stuck on" the adhesive does a fairly good job at keeping them attached, but they're easily peeled off hours later.

Since you don't want them attached for days or weeks, I'd avoid the "glue on" style entirely!

restricted
Forever Mummified

Thank you stephanie. I have had a few hints from using nail varnish and putting the nails on over it and waiting until it all dries together to double sided sticky tape. Everyone concedes that glue is a no no. :oops:

restricted
Forever Mummified

Next question. What do you use for false eyelashes? I have these long ones coming for the belly dancers outfit (and later a genie outfit). I don't want to be stuck in them. Many thanks.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

The ONLY time I ever used false eyelashes -- which wasn't my idea -- they also came with "peel and stick" adhesive already attached.

restricted
Forever Mummified

Did they come off easily?

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

restricted wrote:Did they come off easily?
Yes and no? The adhesive was strong enough to keep them in place, which means that it's strong enough to feel like peeling tape off of skin!

That's probably the best analogy I can think of right now: it felt like peeling a thin strip of vinyl electrical tape off my eyelids. They weren't quite as sticky as an adhesive bandage (nor as painful) but I definitely knew they were there!

restricted
Forever Mummified

It looks interesting. The problem is that long lashes are needed for the look. Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound as they say.