High heels: How to make them softer?

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
boundCD
Chair Bound

High heels: How to make them softer?

Unread post by boundCD »

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I moved to my own apartment about a year ago. My downstairs neighbour did not move in until recently. Before this, I was wearing my high heels when I was crossdressing and loving every moment of it. I've even managed to finally walk properly in them.

Now that they've moved in, I can't wear my heels anymore, for the racket they make. So my question is this, there must be someone else on this board in the same situation I'm in. How do you make your heels less loud?

I've search online and tried pasting some tape on the heel, it doesn't help. And the tape falls off very quickly anyway. I know about Ssh-oes, but they don't seem to be sold online.

Anyone has any ideas? After getting used to wearing heels, I really can't do without them when I'm dressed.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: High heels: How to make them softer?

Unread post by Franzia »

I don't wear heels so I can't experiment to verify this, but possibly those rubber tips for canes or hiking poles might be the answer? It would just be a matter of finding suitable size tips.

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by MsBehavin »

I assume you have hard floors in your apartment. Maybe it would be worth buying a few carpet runners to deaden the sound of your heels. These shouldn't take up much room if stored rolled up though duct tape might be needed to stop the edges from curling up and being a trip hazard.

Frank
Chair Bound

Unread post by Frank »

Carpets and rugs would work well for deadening the sound. Plus they will protect the floors from damage and add a nice decorative touch. Just make sure they are secured with a rubber back or tape. You don't want a rug sliding out from under your feet while wearing heels.

Also consider what shoes you have. Stilettos are going to be louder than cork wedges.

boundCD
Chair Bound

Unread post by boundCD »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Yeah, I have hard floors. Using carpets/rugs won't really work. My nose is sensitive to dust, having carpets/rugs would really trigger my allergies. It's also not usual in my part of the world to have carpet covering our entire apartment.