Guys in dresses -- a linguistic nightmare

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Re: Guys in dresses -- a linguistic nightmare

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

Tigerlily wrote:To a certain degree it explains a lot about myself, though. If the technical terms are to be believed I suppose I'm actually a very fluid Transgender.

And I just thought coming to terms with my sexuality was difficult...
From here, it sounds as though the sexuality was the difficult part, the labeling of such should be easier. ;)
Tigerlily wrote:
RAE wrote:OK what you said is OK; But what do you call a heterosexual man who love to wear a dress at home?
I do not feel like I want to change my sex, just wear a dress.
Rae
In all seriousness, though, I'd just say that man was a crossdresser. That's the word we have for it so far in the English language, and if you don't feel that there's any negative connotations with it then there's not problem with using it.
Agreed -- that IS the definition of the word, after all, and what prompted me to start this thread 2 ½ years ago! :)

I also quoted two dictionary sources in the first post above:

Crossdress(er): to dress in clothing typically worn by members of the opposite sex [1], the wearing of clothes designed for the opposite sex [2]

There are other words for specific types of crossdressers, which those types should perhaps learn to use.

Tigerlily
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Tigerlily »

stephanie_cd wrote: From here, it sounds as though the sexuality was the difficult part, the labeling of such should be easier. ;)
You'd be surprised. There's a lot of people out there who would accuse me of being a hipster for using the term 'Pansexual'. So now I just use this little visualisation:

[ ] Gay.
[ ] Straight.
[x] Wibbly-Wobbly Sexy-wexy.
stephanie_cd wrote: There are other words for specific types of crossdressers, which those types should perhaps learn to use.
In all fairness, it's a good idea for all of us to learn them so We can more easily identify ourselves, and help others to identify who they are.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Paulette the Tart
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Paulette the Tart »

Tigerlily wrote: In all fairness, . . . . . . .
How about "In all fairyness"? :lol:

restricted
Forever Mummified

Unread post by restricted »

Paulette the Tart wrote:
How about "In all fairyness"? :lol:
Only if you have an ELFin appearance!
I used to be weird and kinky. But then I joined Bound Forum and became normal.