quality ballet boots?

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
Johnr104
Unfettered Newbie

quality ballet boots?

Unread post by Johnr104 »

Can anybody recommend a brand of ballet boots/shoes that are made well such that the heel is more solid and will not bend/break off? The pairs I have had always seem to have a heel that is not attached very well. I would be willing to pay more for a better quality, so if you can recommend a brand I'd appreciate it.

knots
Unfettered Newbie

Re: quality ballet boots?

Unread post by knots »

I have several pairs of Pleaser brand heels and really like them. The Pleaser Devious line has ballet shoes. I haven't tried their ballet shoes, but I bet they are nice also. The link shows their products, but you can't buy there. I use amazon or any number of online stores. Good luck!

http://www.pleaserusa.com/%5Cregular.as ... 150&PH=150

Johnr104
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Johnr104 »

Thanks, Knots... hopefully somebody who has purchased the ballet shoes can let us know if the heel is sturdy or not; or maybe recommend another brand. I just don't want to get stuck with another pair with a heel that won't last.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

The main problem isn't that the heel breaks, but that it comes off. Open them up, peel back the insole and replace the tiddly little screws that hold it all together with some meatier ones. That will give more more life before the feel comes away. Be warned, it's hard to peel the insole and padding back without damaging the padding, so be ready to reconstruct that a bit.

twistersam
Chair Bound

Unread post by twistersam »

I own a leather pair of the devious 220 knee high ballet boots. I have no problems with them at all (no breaking heels). Quality is ok, but I had to replace the laces a few times because they broke.

evie
Chair Bound

Unread post by evie »

my pleaser boots nearly broke my ankle when the heel snapped off, not very well put together, me ex fixed them and really went to town on them so they are much stronger now, but the leather eyelets are now the weak spot, good boots but not quite the quality I'd hoped for, even after the fix.