what is the best way to shape my body?

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
kenny1999
Chair Bound

what is the best way to shape my body?

Unread post by kenny1999 »

I'm 28 male, I shouldn't say I am too fat . I used to play basketball every day a few years ago but now, because of excessive work and pressure, lack of exercise, I've been gaining A LOT OF weights over the past few years and now my new friends / colleagues will always say "That's DEFINITELY NOT You, don't lie" when I show them photos of myself taken in 2004 or 2005.

For health reasons and mainly - Cross dressing reasons, I would like to start exercising and shaping my body

I am 173cm tall, 77 to 78kilograms, 40inch belly waist, and 40inch breast (that would be nice for women), however, the biggest nightmare is that my arm is not in proportion with my body, it's just too thin! 4.5 inch around the wrist and 9 inch only for the upper arm WHEN IT IS CONTRACTED. you can imagine how worst is my situation.

Now, I am really determined to make a "revolution" in my life. What should I do and what is the best advice to take?
I want to reduce my belly waist, to increase my thickness of arm (best without muscles training because I want to look like
a female arm, I just want to increase the thickness) , while not reducing the breasts and hip size much... is it possible?

In other words, how should a cross-dresser (male to female) train to obtain their body shape so as to look like (I understand no 100%, but at least approximately) like a good shape female?

I look forward to listening to any comments or real-life experiences.

Thank you.

BoundJ
Tightly Hogtied

Re: what is the best way to shape my body?

Unread post by BoundJ »

Look at woman exercises, they mainly do, sit ups, crunches, jogging, steps and light weights (just from observation of my mum, and she is in better shape than I am XD)

All the rest is pretty straight forward, cut out the MC'ds and the beer and the weight will just fall off. Reducing your carb intake is key as that controls the fat in your body through insulin (I'm sure there is someone that can explain this better than I can). If you find this dosent work after around 6 weeks, try some of those tablets you see on TV to help with weight loss. No idea how they work, but I've been taking them for a week, and since I've been (gross alert) going to the bathroom 1 to 2 times a day.

The internet is your friend on this one.

After that, and still no luck, spend some money and get a PT and get your *** kicked around a gym for a couple of months, that will probably sort you out!
The rules don't apply when your are wearing 6inch heels :)
If you consider yourself "normal" then you are boring!

seidenki
Strict Strappado

Unread post by seidenki »

BoundJ wrote: Reducing your carb intake is key as that controls the fat in your body through insulin (I'm sure there is someone that can explain this better than I can).
I wasn't really going to leap in here and I don't want to get into a nutrition war, but I can expand on this point. Insulin is a key mechanism in how your body manages your blood sugar (glucose): when and how it is converted to and from stored fatty acids and when and how the bodily cells take it up for energy. There are other enzymes that are involved as well, forming a dance to manage things like appetite in response to whether your energy reserves need replenishing. It normally all works very well with lots of checks and balances but fruit sugar (fructose) bypasses a lot of those and it gets converted a bit too readily to stored fat without properly "filling you up".

It is difficult to summarise the vast libraries of science, but the practical upshot is that to lose weight you should reduce as much as possible any sort of processed sugar (particularly HFCS and cane sugar) and any other over-processed food. I can point you at some good books that explain all this, if you like.

Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

kenny1999
Chair Bound

BoundJ wrote:Look at woman exercises, they mainly do, sit ups, crunches, jogging, steps and light weights (just from observation of my mum, and she is in better shape than I am XD)

All the rest is pretty straight forward, cut out the MC'ds and the beer and the weight will just fall off. Reducing your carb intake is key as that controls the fat in your body through insulin (I'm sure there is someone that can explain this better than I can). If you find this dosent work after around 6 weeks, try some of those tablets you see on TV to help with weight loss. No idea how they work, but I've been taking them for a week, and since I've been (gross alert) going to the bathroom 1 to 2 times a day.

The internet is your friend on this one.

After that, and still no luck, spend some money and get a PT and get your *** kicked around a gym for a couple of months, that will probably sort you out!

Hello I am from Asia and I am not used to eating MC'd although there are so many here. I am not interested in their foods, reducing your carb? do you mean cutting off rice and noodles? Some legend suggests that the simplest and quickest way to lose weight is to COMPLETELY cut off rice, then one can eat anything (of course, in a controlled manner). Do you think that is true?

On the contrary, I have an "opposite" problem with my arms. My arms (both upper arm and lower arm) is JUST TOO TOO thin , 9 inch only when "compressed" for the upper arm and slightly less than 8 inch when it is stretched (arm straight). Only 4.5 inch for the waist. It is not sexy. I just don't understand why , as I've eaten a lot, but fats seem never build on my arms... while I see that many women who don't even do sports or gym, they can have an arm thicker than me.

Any further suggestion for me?

BoundJ
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by BoundJ »

I'm not sure. My post was based on a "western diet" and the food we eat over here and even the temperature around us can have a massive impact.

btw thanks for tidying that up for me seidenki :)
The rules don't apply when your are wearing 6inch heels :)
If you consider yourself "normal" then you are boring!

kenny1999
Chair Bound

seidenki wrote:
BoundJ wrote: Reducing your carb intake is key as that controls the fat in your body through insulin (I'm sure there is someone that can explain this better than I can).
I wasn't really going to leap in here and I don't want to get into a nutrition war, but I can expand on this point. Insulin is a key mechanism in how your body manages your blood sugar (glucose): when and how it is converted to and from stored fatty acids and when and how the bodily cells take it up for energy. There are other enzymes that are involved as well, forming a dance to manage things like appetite in response to whether your energy reserves need replenishing. It normally all works very well with lots of checks and balances but fruit sugar (fructose) bypasses a lot of those and it gets converted a bit too readily to stored fat without properly "filling you up".

It is difficult to summarise the vast libraries of science, but the practical upshot is that to lose weight you should reduce as much as possible any sort of processed sugar (particularly HFCS and cane sugar) and any other over-processed food. I can point you at some good books that explain all this, if you like.

Sei.
is canned spring soaked tuna a kind of over-processed food

seidenki
Strict Strappado

Unread post by seidenki »

kenny1999 wrote:is canned spring soaked tuna a kind of over-processed food
No, but fresh is better.

Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

Bob NB
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Bob NB »

Everyone's body is different as to where it distributes fat, there's nothing you can do about this. Men tend to pack it on around their stomach where women will deposit fat on their bum and thighs (Due to having a uterus, their body doesn't want to deposit fat on their stomach and get in the way of a possible pregnancy). Obviously you want to slim down your stomach, for this you want to work out your core muscles. I should add that working out a specific muscle group will not burn fat deposits near it, all you can do is aim to lose weight. However, having firm stomach muscles will keep your midsection a little more slim.

Situps are always a good start, but you want to focus on more than just your abs, you want to work out your transverse abs too (Nicknamed the corset muscles). Having strong transverse abs will mean they're taught around your midsection and help slim down your stomach. Exercises like crunches and bridges are good for your stomach. You also want to do simple fat burning exercises, so any sort of cardio (Jogging, swimming, cycling) is definitely needed too. You want to get your heart rate up to about 85% of it's maximum for 30 minutes to get a good cardio workout. An basic way to calculate your maximum heart rate is 220 - Your age. That's a very general rule, again everyone is different in this regard so don't take it as gospel.

If you can, buy a fitball/swissball. I have one and I swear by it, the workouts you can get from that are amazing. Instead of using a bench when you exercise your arms, lie back on a fitball, it forces you to keep yourself way more stable and gives your stomach a good workout in the process. You can also do situps, crunches, reverse leg extensions and bridges on a fitball. All will give you a far better workout due to the extra instability from a fitball forcing you to work overtime to maintain your balance.

There's also leg exercises you can do with a fitball, they're a good option if you want to look good in heels too ;) I can explain more if you like.