E-Stim Unit with Custom Timed Shock Intervals

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

E-Stim Unit with Custom Timed Shock Intervals

Unread post by ichtudirweh22 »

Does anyone have any suggestions for the most affordable electronic stimulation device (tens unit?) that can be set at custom timed shock intervals? I am hoping to have something where I can adjust the intervals by the second. Another setting that I desire would be one with a random setting so that I don't know when it is coming. Thank you.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: E-Stim Unit with Custom Timed Shock Intervals

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

Best bet...
http://www.smartstim.com/forum/index.php
BUT, you need to register (last I checked) to look "under the covers"...
Everything about stiming (shocking) you will ever want to know...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by ichtudirweh22 »

Thank you very much. This helps a lot.

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by justDIY »

The estim machines that cost $3-4-500 bucks don't do this already? What do they do exactly? I don't own any expensive ones.

I have some muscle massage units, but the power they generate doesn't actually work that well for estim in my opinion. I think their power frequency is different, their power conducts only in muscle tissue and not so much in nerve tissue. Areas I like to estim don't have much muscle but they do have a lot of nerves.

Took one of them apart and it's a simple transistor driving a step-up output transformer. One terminal of the transformer is on the 3v rail via a cheapo variable resistor and the transistor pulls the other terminal to ground. No filters on the output. Transistor is controlled from a hybrid one chip does everything (including run the lcd segments) type package. Device has two "channels" but they're both driven by the same control line, you can just vary the power independently.

For my own play, I built my estim device. It runs off 4 aa batteries, and will easily make someone take notice. It has two channels, using audio transformers backwards (driving the high impedance side that is). Each transformer is driven at 1khz by an H bridge, swapping the polarity across the transformer a full 180 degrees 1000x a second, for a more sinusoidal output. Output power is controlled by turning the h-bridge enable on and off for varying lengths of time per second. The inertia of the transformer smooths it out rather nicely, haven't needed any filtering. They can run by themselves using an on-board cpu or controlled by a central controller along with other devices. The central controller is programmed by a computer using a Windows program.

One of these days I'll get around to experimenting with a DAC based design instead of the H-Bridge.