Some help please.

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.

Do you think I do or don't have OCD Intrusive thoughts.

Yes, And you should get checked out by a therapist.
No votes
No, I Believe you do have OCD Intrusive thoughts.
No votes
You might have Intrusive thoughts.
No votes
You are just paranoid and over thinking things.
100%

Total votes: 2

Hybrid
Unfettered Newbie

Some help please.

Unread post by Hybrid »

Side Note
This isn't going to be about Bondage or sexual object's or anything erotic in nature, Instead I am going to ask the question I ask myself sometimes and my hope is for someone else to give me their personal opinion on my problem.

So I have been a BDSM Practitioner for quite a long time (To be exact since I was around 14) I have loved bondage and self bondage since I discovered it way back when (Note: I am currently 22 year's old at the time of writing). Now the question I am about to ask has no relation at all to Bondage or BDSM Or any sexual act's in any way shape or form.
Why I think I have OCD Intrusive thoughts
Basically what I would love for people to give me their Opinion on is this > I believe that I have OCD Intrusive thoughts.
It started about 2-3 years ago maybe even 4 I started to get bad thoughts images pop into my head randomly about killing a family member even though for some reason I couldn't really see a face but what I am trying to say is that is has revolved more around people that aggravate me basically that irritate me.

Before I tell you about some of the triggers I will explain a bit about what has been bothering me, I once read about a guy who was sleep walking and killed his mother and father in law using a Tire iron, He stated that he didn't remember anything about it and that he was going to go over there and fix their water heater, And was stressed about something else. He didn't have a bad relationship or anything with them it just happened one night drove over to their home while sleepwalking and the rest you know.

So basically at night usually I think that one night I might sleep walk and do a heinous act even though I have never sleep walked before, Even though my mom has told me that I used to sleepwalk when I was a young kid.

The triggers
Thinking of moving or moving new furniture into my Bedroom. (Basically I have a table in my bedroom that I don't even use and haven't used once except to keep stuff on and I fear if I remove it from my room that will trigger a homicidal sleep walking episode.

Looking at sharp object's or common household items such as scissors. One time I bought a pair of scissors from a thrift store and one night I was looking at them and It actually triggered a thought about slitting someones throat which came with a picture in my head that wasn't of anyone I knew.

Some household item's Kitchen knives and saran wrap ect sometimes cause trigger's.

Watching graphic or gory movie's depicting someone dying or other.

Basically that is the triggers that cause the intrusive thought's.
Why I believe deep down that it is all just a mental disorder
Now as to why I believe that it is all in my head is for the simple reason being that I have looked up others stories and they seem eerily similar to my own. Not only that but here is some more things that I base my thought on, At night I have to check on my family members because I get the thought what if something happened to one of them.

I have to check things 2 or 3 times depending on if I doubt myself or not sometimes I have to check a 4th time.

I somehow convinced myself that if I go to bed at 2 Am or later then everything will be fine and I won't Sleep walk and commit a heinous act.

Sometimes I doubt myself when reading I tend to try and read with my mouth open if I'm thinking about it before I read something not all the time, And sometimes I try to press my tongue down to the bottom of my mouth when I read something.
On top of that I think I pronounce words oddly sometimes like a specific letter can sound foreign coming from my mouth.

Anyways please share your opinions, If you think I do have OCD intrusive thought's, Or should I be worried.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Some help please.

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

quit watching horror movies and stop playing video games that have violence in them.
you might need to talk to a professional,but i say this with reluctancy because i they are all bullshit.

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Some help please.

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

I think some people are just born a little disturbed, myself included. I don't talk about it much but yes, I have had similar thoughts as you have described. The degree of severity varies I am sure between individuals.

You stated that this only started around 2 -3 maybe 4 years ago. Is that really the case, was there never any little signs that didn't seem "normal" previous to that time frame?

Either way matters little. The defining point would be to ask yourself when you are not in a state of having these intrusive thoughts is "Do I truly desire this?". Since you are asking here for opinions I'd imagine NO would be the answer. Which is good ;)

There are many ways to cure a mental infliction and you can seek professional help or lay out some ground work/rules and do it yourself. Making the RULES your number one priority and considering them UNBREAKABLE is a must.

1)Take the "power" back from the intrusive thoughts and eliminate them.
2)Remove the triggers from your proximity or nullify their power as well.
3)Break out of cycle any habitual patterns that appear OCD'ish but have little
value to real life.

If you do that over time your brain will sort itself out. Since you are aware enough to ask us for opinions you must also be aware of the signs when this is happening.

If you would like more on examples and techniques and such simply reply so and, I will elaborate on possible resolutions.

All the best,
- Daniel
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"