I want one <3

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
lemur
Unfettered Newbie

I want one <3

Unread post by lemur »

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/ea ... -you-sleep

This could so be turned into a bondage device. Give a mistress control of the mechanism and when i get out.

I'd be in heaven.

thoughts?

atryingpet
Tightly Hogtied

Re: I want one <3

Unread post by atryingpet »

I just watched the videos and I'll admit I'm confused. For kinky reasons I actually have less questions than for it's intended purposes. For example having all the supplies is great, but how the hell do you get to them if you have your body and a mattress between you and them? I think turning a bed into a "surprise cage" is easier to explain then getting to the supplies..
Anyway, rant over - other than that it does look pretty neat. :)
I caved, I'm back on FetLife:
https://fetlife.com/users/6006690

kinkstuff
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by kinkstuff »

I agree with Atryingpet.

Theres not much detail in the videos, how is it supposed to work?

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

Unread post by FatherOfFour »

My bed dismantled spontaneously (well, with the help of some rhythmic movements...) and fall 12inches (30cm).
I can tell You it wasn't good at all, for neither of us...

Sudden fall and hard stop it's a no-no, for kink or safety purpose... not to mention guillotine like edges and lid. I tend to expand over my bed's edges, and those videos clenches my stomach!

Those medievals were better at torture, and they didn't thought at it...

Be safe, don't use it...
f4

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

A patent was granted for it, but that doesn't mean it will ever be produced. If it is, there will no doubt be some bugs with the first models- like in accidentally triggering itself and entombing someone with no possibility of escape.

However, it could be fine idea if it's thoroughly tested before being produced- anyone volunteer to be a victim..er.. I mean 'test subject'? :D

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

The video at the end shows several different designs which range from "less likely" to "almost impossible" to trap an arm or leg. (If someone's arms are in the way with the design that starts at 0:56, they're either a contortionist or they're eight feet tall. ;) )

The "sudden fall and hard stop" can be somewhat mitigated by shock absorbers or air pressure or gel foam or whatever -- but in a scenario like the video, which shows a five-story building collapsing, the victim has much bigger problems than a two-foot fall into the bed itself.

Getting to the supplies could be easy enough, if the mattress is thin and flexible -- and again, if you're stuck in a "safety pod bed" when your entire apartment building collapses, you'll have plenty of time to dig around (or through) the mattress while waiting for the rescuers to dig YOU out.

The biggest design flaw I saw was a lack of ventilation holes. I'm no expert in computer animation, but if the designer could go to the trouble of adding water bottles and first aid kits, couldn't they have added an air vent or ten? (Maybe not, since it would probably be more work to have to animate and account for all of the vents as the "box" closes up.)
kinkstuff wrote:Theres not much detail in the videos, how is it supposed to work?
Some sort of proprietary, probably gravity-based "trigger" -- that better be immune to other bouncing-on-the-bed activities ;) -- senses an earthquake and then "pulls the pin(s)" that allow the mattress to fall, and then that weight shift probably closes the lid.

While it's an interesting concept, there will be a LOT of work and hurdles to clear before that thing ever gets to the market -- and even then the number of people who will want and be able to afford such a thing will probably be a relatively limited market.

lemur
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by lemur »

If it could be turned into a time release cage. <3

Set it to trap you at random(on days you don't work). I'd be in heaven personally.

Idk how you could do it but i've always loved thinking about the 'bondage devices of the future" and i can imagine that being one if you made it correctly.