Virgin Saving Self for Marriage a Thing of the Past?

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
napy666
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Virgin Saving Self for Marriage a Thing of the Past?

Unread post by napy666 »

joe01 wrote:I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm a 26 year old virgin male and plan on keeping it that way until marriage. I had a handful of opportunities to lose my virginity in high school and college, but couldn't do so because I'm old fashioned, I guess. Some nights get very depressing realizing everyone my age is getting married or is sleeping around.

I very strongly used to feel I wanted to marry a virgin and still do, but with each passing day it seems more and more impossible. Add on the fact that I'm a submissive male and my chances of winding up with someone feels pretty much 0.

I commend you for your strong morals and wish you best of luck.
And I wish you luck as well. I hope someday one of us will find someone sooner or later. :)

napy666
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by napy666 »

It is still hard for me to find someone that is willing to accept me as a virgin, let alone wanting to save myself for marriage. No man on any dating website or app, wants me. They all say they need intimacy in their relationships. What happened to when men would show their love by buying them chocolates, bring them roses, take them out to dinner etc. Instead of just wanting sex or sexual favors here and there. I miss those times.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

your problem is you live in california.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

napy666 wrote:It is still hard for me to find someone that is willing to accept me as a virgin, let alone wanting to save myself for marriage. No man on any dating website or app, wants me. They all say they need intimacy in their relationships. What happened to when men would show their love by buying them chocolates, bring them roses, take them out to dinner etc. Instead of just wanting sex or sexual favors here and there. I miss those times.
I don't think it is the Virginity thing that is causing all the problems. It is the factor that gets most of your attention but I don't believe it is the main cause.
I was thinking a while back that back when I was much younger, meeting and dating a girl who wanted to keep her virginity but was still wanted to play bondage games would have been perfect. Perhaps not perfect, but the interest in bondage makes up for a few other factors.
There is something else in the way that you come across that is pushing people away. It shows up even in a forum like this. I see it but have not really taken the time to figure out exactly what it is. Perhaps it is the rigidity of the scenarios you are willing to entertain even if scenarios are only fantasy? You seem to want ONLY to play the damsel in distress / kidnapping scenarios and are not willing to even discuss anything else. That makes for very short conversations if that is not exactly what is on the other fellow's mind.

if I knew you better, I believe there could be a lot more to this discussion but that is also on the assumption that you would even be interested in such a discussion.

This is just my point of view and others may disagree.

napy666
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by napy666 »

I was referring to guys in general not wanting to date me, not just bondage guys. Bondage guys just want sex as any other guy does.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I would think then that a question that is worth considering is whether the same behavior carries over into other social interactions and whether it has the same effect.
As a general rule, humans want sex. Males probably have a stronger drive or perhaps it is really less control over that drive.
Some people (mostly women) realize there are consequences and act accordingly. Some do not exercise much self control at all.
It is hard to generalize. I have played bondage games with a few women that I never had intercourse with. We did plenty of other sexual things, but intercourse and consequences were more than we wanted at the time. The people you are looking for are out there if you can find them and overcome the other barriers.

napy666
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by napy666 »

Stahlketten wrote:I would think then that a question that is worth considering is whether the same behavior carries over into other social interactions and whether it has the same effect.
As a general rule, humans want sex. Males probably have a stronger drive or perhaps it is really less control over that drive.
Some people (mostly women) realize there are consequences and act accordingly. Some do not exercise much self control at all.
It is hard to generalize. I have played bondage games with a few women that I never had intercourse with. We did plenty of other sexual things, but intercourse and consequences were more than we wanted at the time. The people you are looking for are out there if you can find them and overcome the other barriers.

I guess so but I honestly think I am meant to be alone.