Why do pm keep getting stuck in outbox and not sending?

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.

Why do pm keep getting stuck in outbox and not sending?

Unread postby BoundCharlotte » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Whenever I PM Someone it takes a while to send. The first one seems to take a day. A pm to staff asking about post delays has never sent. I can't ask staff directly since my pm would not go through.
Thanks
Charlotte
BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Re: Why do pm keep getting stuck in outbox and not sending?

Unread postby Petrajane » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:57 pm

BoundCharlotte wrote:Whenever I PM Someone it takes a while to send. The first one seems to take a day. A pm to staff asking about post delays has never sent. I can't ask staff directly since my pm would not go through.
Thanks
Charlotte

The PM remins in your outbox until it has been read, once read, it moves to the Sent box. ;)
Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread postby BoundCharlotte » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Thank you for the clarification… I thought the person I was sending it to wasn't getting it like if an email is it in your outbox.
BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Unread postby Petrajane » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:46 pm

BoundCharlotte wrote:Thank you for the clarification… I thought the person I was sending it to wasn't getting it like if an email is it in your outbox.

No problem, unlike emails which remain in your inbox, so you tell if they have gone or not, PM's in general only move to the Sent box once someone has read them, Of course, there's nothing to stop the person deciding to wind you up and not open the PM, leaving it stuck in your Outbox...
Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Return to General Discussion