POLL - Hypothetical question, based on an ad I saw...

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.

1. I have a significant other, but if the advertiser were nearby, I would answer it, in a heartbeat. I don't care what gender they are, or what they look like(that's what blindfolds/hoods are for); I just want to get tied up.
No votes
2. I do NOT have a significant other, and if the advertiser were nearby, I would answer it, in a heartbeat. I don't care what gender they are, or what they look like(that's what blindfolds/hoods are for); I just want to get tied up.
6%
3. Option 1, but I'd need to meet in public at a neutral location, and get a vibe for the person, first.
22%
4. Option 2, but I'd need to meet in public at a neutral location, and get a vibe for the person, first.
6%
5. I'd need to contact the person that placed the ad. If they are not my preferred gender, it would be a deal-breaker.
17%
6. I'd need to see the person. If they aren't attractive to me, it would be a deal breaker.
No votes
7. Are you nuts? That's how you end up a statistic, dead in a shallow grave, someplace. Hard "no".
11%
8. I'd give it serious consideration, but ultimately chicken out.
6%
9. I have a significant other, so hard "no".
33%

Total votes: 18

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

Some time back, I posted an ad for a "bondage maid service". Later, I happened upon an image of a young woman, tied up and gagged, with the caption, "this could be you, if you'd give me your address". It got me to wondering something, regarding our group.

I know how desperate I can get sometimes, to be tied up and gagged. I mean, a great many of us practice self-bondage to scratch that itch, a practice that is very dangerous, no matter how careful you are, so clearly we collectively get pretty desperate.

Suppose you saw an ad, and it offered something like, "I will come to your house, or you can come to mine, and I will bind and gag you however you like, no strings attached, on two conditions: 1) Absolutely NO intercourse of any kind--this is non-negotiable, and 2) you return the favor for me, later." It doesn't give any details on the advertiser, not even gender. Would you answer it?

I'm just kind of curious as to how reckless we are, as a community.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Re: POLL - Hypothetical question, based on an ad I saw...

NOTE: That should have read, "I posted a LINK to an ad..."

I voted for option 9, but were I not happily married, I would have chosen option 4... If it had been long enough, I might have even chosen option 2. I've taken chances in self bondage that could have injured me, or even cost me my life, so I might have decided that it was worth the risk.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

My Wife died 8 years ago; I need to be tied up once more before I kick that bucket.
Rae

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

Option 3, but my significant other would also want to meet the advertiser
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

Breathtaker84
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Breathtaker84 »

I chose option 5. Having said that. I did this once and had no idea who I was meeting at that motel. I thought i was dead. I will write a post about it so others will notice it and hopefully read what I have to say.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Breathtaker84 wrote:I chose option 5. Having said that. I did this once and had no idea who I was meeting at that motel. I thought i was dead. I will write a post about it so others will notice it and hopefully read what I have to say.
Please do. I, for one, would be very interested.

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

I'm an untrusting person so I don't think I could ever let a stranger tie me up.... not even if they were reading my mind and knew exactly what turned my gears.

It took 2 years for me to tell my wife (gf at the time) that I was into bondage, another 3 (still gf) to tell her I liked to play the damsel including crossdressing and another 2 (now married) to tell her I practiced selfbondage. Even then, she hasn't asked much about my adventures in selfbondage and I haven't exactly volunteered it either. I suppose I'd be willing to talk at this point but it has taken a very long time to be this level of comfortable.

I'm a hard no all-around when it comes to strangers.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

vm1971 wrote:I'm an untrusting person so I don't think I could ever let a stranger tie me up.... not even if they were reading my mind and knew exactly what turned my gears.
I'm a hard no all-around when it comes to strangers.
Speaking as the author of this thread, this is where I am, as well. Were I not married to a wonderful woman who understands me completely, and that I have trusted enough to open up to, I daresay I'd be hard-pressed to choose any of the choices I have offered.

That said, depending on how long i went without it, i wonder if the craving would eventually erode through my misgivings.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Well it was many years back by now but I'd have to go with what I did.. number 2. I did the very dumb thing of hanging out in private before really getting to know him but it turned out okay (lucky me). He would actually become one of my close friends over time, though I've not heard from him in a couple years now.

Stephaned23
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Stephaned23 »

boundBinder wrote:NOTE: That should have read, "I posted a LINK to an ad..."

I voted for option 9, but were I not happily married, I would have chosen option 4... If it had been long enough, I might have even chosen option 2. I've taken chances in self bondage that could have injured me pose d’autocollant adhésif Antibes, or even cost me my life, so I might have decided that it was worth the risk.
Me personally, I like all the proposals. It makes me think of several things at the same time.