One ID and One ID Only, Please

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
metalprincess
Strict Strappado

RE: One ID and One ID Only, Please

Unread post by metalprincess »

I just want to say thank you for making this a safe haven for people like myself that want a forum to chat in. I know several of you from on going topics and feel I can be myself here. In saying that, I like that I feel safe here, protected and when you dont here from me for awhile I get a message checking up on me... I am very thankful for this forum taking care of those that want to be here. too many IDs is a red flag for me

wannabestuck
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by wannabestuck »

what about the thought that the first 'persona' you have portrayed to the group hasn't gone over well or hasn't gotten you the attention you wanted?  i'm not guilty of this, mostly because i am in love with my screen name, but sometimes after not getting much attention or love from a post i will think "well, if i were someone like _____, that would've been received a lot better."  just my .02

phoebe
Forever Mummified

Unread post by phoebe »

[quote="wannabestuck"]what about the thought that the first 'persona' you have portrayed to the group hasn't gone over well or hasn't gotten you the attention you wanted?  i'm not guilty of this, mostly because i am in love with my screen name, but sometimes after not getting much attention or love from a post i will think "well, if i were someone like _____, that would've been received a lot better."  just my .02[/quote]I want to scream, "stop the madness!" No! Just be your own persona! Be that same person who interacts with friends and neighbors. Sure the anonymity of this forum is a good place to bring out your bdsm side but really, do you people feel the need to "invent" someone perceived as wittier or cooler than the real you? How can you hope to continue week after week? In time the real you will always come out...Wannabestuck I don't want you to think I'm picking on you but I just remembered a post that you made long ago expressing delight that Feline and I had both posted a reply in some thread that you started. Well speaking for myself I'm sure the post was on a subject I found interesting. Conversely if the subject is on say something like cbt... well, I'm not going to comment unless it's just to say, don't break anything! phoebe

wannabestuck
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by wannabestuck »

yeah, i actually didn't start that thread, but i post on several different forums all day, not just BDSM ones.  often times i think of myself as the thread killer, due to the fact that it will be several posts long, then i add my feedback, and day after day you go back to it and see that my post was the last post.  so when you and Feline, who are all over this board both approached the subject i spoke of (especially since so many i know consider it extreme) i was pretty excited.if your normal persona in the real world doesn't do well with conversation, your online persona might not fair much better.  not to mention you have a profile that can be rather set in stone and some people might take a look at your statement, think they might talk to you, and then be turned off by something they read in the profile.when i had AOL, it allowed me the choice of seven different screen names.  i used about 4, and each one of them catered to different lifestyles and had different friends to go with them.  this is probably what's going on through others minds when they do this.  i read one of the threads that a double ID one day.  it was someone looking for an online Mistress...the guy got no bites.  then all the sudden there was a Mistress telling him what to do.  i was intrigued by the thread and i'm willing to bet others were too, but suddenly there was Pleasewrap's post: Access Denied!  it just seemed to me that the guy/girl was trying to drum up some interest in what he/she was talking about and weren't allowed to continue for reason's unclear.is this a bandwith (sp??) issue or are you just mad at the person for trying to get away with it?  that's all i wonder.  i don't mean to argue the decision, i'm just naturally curious.cori

knotseraph
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by knotseraph »

Wow...this issue is still being discussed.I can understand the reason for the one persona-one user situation.  Something about being false and talking to one's self and completely ruining the idea of a forum or to be a sort of flaming troll...But then again, I can also see the usefulness in the multiple personae for different people, especially when dealing with the realm of fantasy (such as for people who sometimes are X and sometimes are Y).Could this be a case of having to approve a second persona or would this be too much work?  If a 2-persona person registers a second persona?

Piper
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Piper »

[quote="phoebe"]Wannabestuck I don't want you to think I'm picking on you but I just remembered a post that you made long ago expressing delight that Feline and I had both posted a reply in some thread that you started. Well speaking for myself I'm sure the post was on a subject I found interesting. Conversely if the subject is on say something like cbt... well, I'm not going to comment unless it's just to say, don't break anything! phoebe[/quote]That's why I always make sure that 90% of my posts involve hot girl on girl action, chocolate and cat talk.  That way I don't miss out on the phoebe/feline replies.  Say, that reminds me...  Did I mention the hot lady that lives next door?  Her kitchen window faces our house, and today she and her girlfriend were dressed in cat costumes making truffles.  But I digress.

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

[quote="knotseraph"]But then again, I can also see the usefulness in the multiple personae for different people, especially when dealing with the realm of fantasy (such as for people who sometimes are X and sometimes are Y).Could this be a case of having to approve a second persona or would this be too much work? If a 2-persona person registers a second persona?
[/quote]

Meet Cat - a female dominant - she is one "aspect" of me, she "is" me, for a given value of "is" and "me"

Meet Dragon - a male submissive and reluctant dominant - he is one "aspect" of me, he "is" me, for a given value of "is" and "me"

Meet Feline - the default face of me, a cat with no official gender - the resultant "average" of the three main sides of my personality.

I post as "feline" most of the time, and as either "cat" or "dragon" when this is more appropriate, and all under one forum login.

I don't see the problem, and I am not aware that anyone has ever posted saying they find this unclear.

Cases of people running multiple ID's to talk to themselves, drum up "business" for their threads, etc. Personal view, this is trolling, it is totally disrespectful to the forum and the other members here, and it undermines trust.

There is no need for it, and we will not tolerate it.

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

[quote="Piper"]Did I mention the hot lady that lives next door? Her kitchen window faces our house, and today she and her girlfriend were dressed in cat costumes making truffles. But I digress.[/quote]

*bounces up and down on piper's shoulder, looking out the window with him* *droooooool* *PUURRRRRRRRRRR*

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

As feline said, there is really no reason to post under multiple IDs... in most cases.  I have got some PMs from people and the reasons they gave were very reasonable.  I can't go into them here, but if you have a strong reason to maintain two identities on the forum, you can PM me to discuss.The real issue (again as feline mentioned) is the abuse.  I have killed dozens of accounts from people creating 2-3 accounts just to roleplay in a thread.  You may have noticed some 'master/slave girl' threads go away as a result of this.  Another one is site posting their website links in the links area... then creating additional accounts to 'bump' the thread.  The bottom line is there are some good reasons for two accounts, most of them however are for deceitful reasons unfortunately. So to make our job easier and 'keep the forum clean' - all dupes are banned unless otherwise given an OK by a moderator.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

On Ur Knees
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by On Ur Knees »

It does sometimes seem like most of the posts are written by the same person, disguised as different identities. -But ofcourse that's not the case, i mean, who would bother doing that...

RubberDoll
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RubberDoll »

[quote="On" Ur Knees]It does sometimes seem like most of the posts are written by the same person, disguised as different identities. -But ofcourse that's not the case, i mean, who would bother doing that...[/quote]It fairly obvious that people do it to get attention.  Unfortunately for them, it's not the attention they want!

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

On Ur Knees if you see a thread where that seems to be happening just send a PM to one of the moderators and we can look into it.

bondage lover
Chair Bound

Unread post by bondage lover »

Some folks might have started with one ID and had no replies/messages whatever,maybe they try a second or third ID in a hope someone will contact them on here.to be honest if you have people joining "The Bound Forum" they are here for one thing only to find a partner.friend or share they thoughts/fantasys arent they  or are they,only time will tell as most of the extra ID wallers (northen england term) will leve and go find a new hobby

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote]Some folks might have started with one ID and had no replies/messageswhatever,maybe they try a second or third ID in a hope someone willcontact them[/quote]I don't agree that is this a legitimate reason.  I don't like the idea of people creating accounts to suit a particular fetish in hopes of attracting more attention.  The unfortunate reality is men create female submissive alter-egos for the popularity.  This type of activity eventually poisons the forum.  People no longer think people are legitimate and starting to think it is just a guy looking for attention.  As I have said more than once before, there are legit reasons for dupe IDs.  Making IDs until you find something that people will like is not what this forum is about. 
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

Ranai Pahav
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Ranai Pahav »

I think you are spot on GU.Not to mention that it can be painfully obvious when a text was written by a man posing as a woman. Partof the thrill of this posing game may be the possibility of humiliatingexposure, but franky humiliation play like all others requires informedconsent by all parties involved. Random forum users did not consent tothis make-believe crap. Please people, if you feel like writingfiction, write fiction.Bondage lover, I think there are variousreasons for joining the forum which you didn't take into account. Howabout, for example, people who join the Bound Forum because they wantto learn more about bondage and BDSM? That's why I joined.

bondage lover
Chair Bound

fair comment,i only joined to hopefully find a friend or partner but never saw the need or reason to have a second I.D. even though im still looking.the forum i think is a good thing it brings people like us together but at the end of the day you have a pecentage of members who know each other in some way or form and people who join the forum and try to "Brake the ice" for want of a better description after a while dont get a reply response or nothing and think about a new I.D. change.All you have to do is look at the topics/discussion boards its allways the same people wrighting the replies aint it  anyhow life is to short so enjoy it 

On Ur Knees
Unfettered Newbie

Sounds like somebody has been very naughty! I hope they feel ashamed of themselves and their very unacceptable behaviour Bad.....bad.....boy!   

bondage lover
Chair Bound

uhh i trust you dont meen me "Old Chap"

On Ur Knees
Unfettered Newbie

I mean everyone who breaks the forum's very strict but very reasonable rule of one ID and one ID only.

Line them up and i shall administer spankings for all the naughty men who deserve it.

cagedsgt
Strict Strappado

Unread post by cagedsgt »

This is just another area that some think it is just a game for them to play and don't think of anyone but themselves while for others it is truly a way of life, hence we call it a lifestyle. cagedsgt