BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
t13eagle291
Unfettered Newbie

RE: BoundForum Problems/Solutions

Unread post by t13eagle291 »

i am gettign stack zero erros  how may i fix that

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

You might want to give us some clues. Is this the forum? Gromets site? When tying up your girlfriend with network cable?

t13eagle291
Unfettered Newbie

it is the forum giving me this problem it happens mostly when i ma looking at profiles then anything else t13eagle2912007-04-17 13:58:22

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

I very rarely look at profiles, but I suspect the server is having a bad day. Do you have two or more browsers available to try, to see if it is browser specific?

t13eagle291
Unfettered Newbie

no i odnt have another browers i am ussing internet explorer edition 7 and i have been having this problem for few days now it doesnt disrupt what i do from ewhat i am able to notice but it is bothersome and thankyou

GiTbind
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by GiTbind »

Woooot - BACK ON!

TeaSer
Strict Strappado

Unread post by TeaSer »

[quote="GiTbind"]Woooot - BACK ON![/quote]Yip Yip Yip! Not alone in the world anymore! Just great to see you all again
You may call me an old, perverted sadist - but don't flatter

Trekkie
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Trekkie »

Every time this weekend that I saw that single page, my reaction was "Where do I click to talk about this?"  :)Thanks for all of the work, from all of us sponges who use all this stuff. 

JohnH
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by JohnH »

A BIG round of applause for GU for the hard work He has done to get the Forummand GU Stories back online

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by steellover »

Thank you, thank you, thank you GU! I've missed all you guys and gals (and everyone in between!)

Sarius
Chair Bound

Unread post by Sarius »

Looks like we're back up again... WOoHOO!  Thanks for all the hard work! Can't have been easy and good luck getting GU back online...Didn't realise how much time I spent lurking here reading til it wasn't here to browse S.

happily_locked
Forever Mummified

Unread post by happily_locked »

Thank you for getting this back up!
It is a wonderful site, just love it!

mummysboy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by mummysboy »

If it helps I just got the Stack overflow problem.  It coincided with an error on failing to load an avatar which may or may not be linked.  IE7 , XP SP2 - fully patched up to date. Just tried it in Firefox - no error - and the avatar display showed up as a full stop. This was the link /member_profile.asp?PF=729 Cheers mummysboy2007-08-05 15:43:15

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

Looking at the profile you linked to, there is no avatar.  I'm not sure what could have given the error, especially on IE7.I am not sure if this will help, but I am going to be upgrading the forum software in the next week hopefully, so if it has something to do with that, it should go away.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

gromet
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by gromet »

There are or have been several profiles on the forum that either have no image or it's faulty in some way, causing IE to have this stack overflow problem. Just click the little 'x' in the corner and it goes away.I have been editing some profiles when I find them or asking the owner to fix their avatars.Hopefully this will be fixed in the upgrade.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

Well, the server has been running great for about a month now since I rebuilt it and it is time to bring it back home.  The forum/websites will be offline at around 5am NYC time.  Driving time and installing it at the ISP should take about 6-7 hours.  If all goes well it should be back up by noon.  Everything will be much faster once it is back on the 100Mbit connection.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

*paws crossed for good luck*

and once again, many thanks for all of your hard work, keeping our home alive and in good shape!

Piper
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Piper »

I'm having something odd happen while loading forum pages.  I hesitate to say 'problem', since it's more of an annoyance.  It appears to only be happening on the individual forum topic pages and not the higher level menu pages.The page will load, and appear to be complete.  At the bottom there is a 'This page was generated in xxx seconds' notice.  Nothing seems to be missing.  But in the lower left hand corner of my browser it shows something as still loading.  If it was static I probably wouldn't even notice, but it is rapidly switching between 'Waiting for...' and 'Transferring data....' so the text is flickering.  I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.6, but I also tried it in IE 6.0 with similar results.  I can just ignore it completely, or stop the page loading if it's getting to me, but I'm curious as to why it's happening.  Any thoughts?

Piper
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Piper »

Hrm.  It only seems to happen on certain pages.  Like this one.  But as soon as I wrote my reply and posted it, the weird loading issue stopped.

latexemma
Strict Strappado

Unread post by latexemma »

I had the same problem as piper's when checking my private messages. Also another problem: email notification does not seem to work! Have checked email adress and it is the correct one. In profile: "Notify me of replies to posts" and "Notify me by email when I receive a Private Message" are set to "Yes" Thanks in advance for the help.