Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

RE: Avatars

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

[quote="GaggedUtopia"]Mummification fans rejoice.  HyperCat has given me a number of images that are now avatars.  Enjoy. [/quote] Sweet!  If I ever get tired of being a big blue eye, then i'll now what form to adapt!

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Unread post by Hypercat »

Unluckyly for you, Dark, the mummify avatars are all female. This forum requires more male avatars. Hypercat38649.7215162037
PART DEMON, PART GODDESS, ALL CAT!

RubberDoll
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RubberDoll »

I agree Hypercat.  Although it's fairly obvious most forums consist male, it would be great to have a better clue.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

[quote="RubberDoll"] I agree Hypercat. Although it's fairly obvious most forums consist male, it would be great to have a better clue.[/quote]

But if there were more male avatars how many men would use them? For "a better clue", should an avatar represent the person as they are, M or F for example? Or should it represent an aspect or slice of their fantasies & desires?

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

I'd say fantasies and desires.

Zoe_struggles
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Zoe_struggles »

I'm usually one for putting up an avatar that is linked to me -sometimes in the form of my own artwork or, more likely, a picture ofmyself. This time i've done neither, hehe. I wouldn't say it's necessary to display or indicate what sex you arethrough the use of your avatar - i'd be stuck straight away! Fantasies and desires is reasonable here so I have no problem if that's what people choose to display.Should we get with the 21st century program and go for equalopportunities...? More male mummies to show we don't discriminate!Hahaha

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Ok, Darkraptor- I will go with fantasies & desires! And Zoe has a point too- more male mummy avatars would be great! I can see that I may be switching avatars depending on my mood!

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

I have a stock of avatars that I have been working on, many submittedby Hypercat, that I will be making live in the next day or two. Most of them will be male to help set the balance a little. On another point, I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread but Isee avatars as representing the fantasy or desire and not therealism.  Those who choose to use an avatar of themselves or adepiction of themselves are merely living the fantasy already.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

bisubcross
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by bisubcross »

Here is a question for everyone, since I am a crossdresser would you all expect me to use a male or female avatar? I prefer to use female since that is what my crossdressing represents.  I don't wish to decieve anyone to thinking I am female but when I am dressed and enjoying bondage that is the side of me that comes forth. 

dodgerfan
Strict Strappado

Unread post by dodgerfan »

I agree with Darkraptor fantasies and desires  

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

[quote="bisubcross"]Here is a question for everyone, since I am acrossdresser would you all expect me to use a male or female avatar? Iprefer to use female since that is what my crossdressingrepresents.  I don't wish to deceive anyone to thinking I amfemale but when I am dressed and enjoying bondage that is the sideof me that comes forth. [/quote]That's an easy one.  Do what you want!   There are no set guidelines, only personal preference and viewpoint.

Zoe_struggles
Tightly Hogtied

[quote="bisubcross"]Here is a question for everyone, since I am acrossdresser would you all expect me to use a male or female avatar? Iprefer to use female since that is what my crossdressingrepresents.  I don't wish to decieve anyone to thinking I amfemale but when I am dressed and enjoying bondage that is the sideof me that comes forth. [/quote]Hey, you use whatever picture you like and let no-one tell youotherwise (unless it's the all-powerful admin, hehehe)! I'd do thesame, and when I do make Avatars out of my own pics, I 'go female' forthem, as it's how i'm most comfortable - especially in an environmentwhere it's considered nothing unusual .But the Avatar is a personal choice, whatever it contains... be it apicture of a girl tied up, a picture of your favourite TV show or100x100 pixels of MS Paint squiggles

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

I tend to use a picture of myself (or, for my livejournal, several pictures of myself 8-)

Whether that looks male or female is up to the viewer *grin*
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

The avatar I'm using simply expresses my desires or fantasies as a top (or a sub top! ). But could it also be an expression of my anima? Anima definition- "an inner feminine part of the male personality in the analytic psychology of C. G. Jung". Franzia38654.932349537

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I have finally had a few moments to post some new avatars for those ofyou looking for something from the male arena.  Couple mummy, fewbondage and a few chastity.  118 total now.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

DAMNthere was i think 5 last time i looked.bett go shopping for an avitar

Zoe_struggles
Tightly Hogtied

GU, would there ever be a time where the forum could no longer hostunique user Avatars? No real reason for my concern, I just wonderedabout it, but there must be a limit as to how much space there is...

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Zoe - I can't really see that happening.  The space the forum usesis only about 20meg out of an available 80gig.  Bandwidth might bea concern, but that's why I keep them all under 50kb.  I guess ifthe forum was ever that popular the ads and stuff would easily supportthe appropriate internet service. 

Zoe_struggles
Tightly Hogtied

80GB? Wow! Our little Avatars are insignificant size-wise then! Unless we had a million members, each with their own animated GIF....

slaphappy
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by slaphappy »

Nice avatar selection by the way.  Better pics than a lot of actual sites IMHO.