Has anyone used www.bdsm-stores.com ??

Share your favorite links as well as review your experiences, good or bad.
rebburvuli
Strict Strappado

RE: Has anyone used www.bdsm-stores.com ??

Unread post by rebburvuli »

Hi, I came accross a new website and wondered if anyone has purchased from them ??The prices are kind of cheap which implies the quality is poor. The descriptions aren't very informative and there are a lot of spelling mistakes and when asking a question through their contact form although they replied immediately, I felt they weren't being user friendly.  Had anyone purchased from this store. Are they any good?  Thanks x

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Well, the domain name and the IP address all point to being run out of the UK, but the gear I'm 99.9% sure is made in China, and I'd say that from the "free shipping", it's probably shipped directly from the factory/warehouse there too.They seem to reasonably up-front about saying things are "faux leather". I like that they quote prices in pretty much any reasonable currency -- handy when your local currency isn't USD, EUR or GBP.But I wouldn't mind betting that the site is being run by folks with connections to China -- probably Chinese themselves, and probably English is a second language, which would explain the terse descriptions and responses. IME, ordering from such places is a mixed bag. Sometimes the gear is just horrible, sometimes it's exactly what you want, and the prices are pretty hard to ignore. A lot of it is having realistic expectations -- expecting "leathercraft" performance from something made out "faux leather" by cheap labour is just being silly.I haven't ordered from that site, but my experience at other Chinese sites have been fairly consistent with the above. If there's one thing they do get right it's the fulfilment; you get what you order, in reasonable time (for shipping ex-China). It might not be as good as you hoped, but at least it turns up! And the customs declarations are so incomprehensible, no-one looking at the box will know what it is ...

rebburvuli
Strict Strappado

Unread post by rebburvuli »

lol.... thanks for that ruru67 ... very helpful indeed !!!