Over seas shipping location

Share your favorite links as well as review your experiences, good or bad.
DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Over seas shipping location

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

I have just been contacted by a US site that ships outside the USA.
(Link provided if this passes the mods...)
It give you an American address that you can use for on-line shopping, the site will then forward
you what you purchased. If you do lots of shopping from different sites, you can have all your packages
placed into one for just 1 shipping fee instead of several...

Just a thought...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Over seas shipping location

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

DarkLizerd wrote:I have just been contacted by a US site that ships outside the USA.
(Link provided if this passes the mods...)
It give you an American address that you can use for on-line shopping, the site will then forward
you what you purchased. If you do lots of shopping from different sites, you can have all your packages
placed into one for just 1 shipping fee instead of several...
     I wonder if you'd mind letting me know what this site is, please.
     I buy quite a few books, often from the U.S., mainly second-hand books that are out of print now - and some U.S. sellers (on eBay and elsewhere) refuse to ship anything to other countries. (Too much red tape, I suppose - can't be postage costs, because the buyer pays those anyway.)
     I used to use a service called "Shop the States", and with them I had a U.S. address, which I could give to sellers who would post only to U.S. addresses. Shop the States would then post them to me in Australia. I could also ask them to hold items for a while, so I could buy from several different sellers, and have them all sent to Australia as a single package, which saves on postage costs - although the main benefit of this arrangement was simply being able to buy from sellers who would otherwise not sell to me at all because I'm not in America. Of course I paid Shop the States a fee for this, but it was quite reasonable for the service I was getting.
     Unfortunately, some years ago they closed. Their web site at the time recommended two other services which did a similar thing, which their customers could use. But unfortunately when I examined them, it turned out their charges were structured in such a way as to make the service exorbitantly expensive for less frequent users, and it seemed to be worthwhile only for frequent users. (Less frequent might mean half a dozen times a year; frequent might mean once a week, which I would never come close to.)
     I let the matter go, because I wasn't prepared to pay what I would have had to. I've occasionally looked for similar services since, but when I've found one, the charges were similarly structured so that it would be economical only for very frequent users. It seems there are various account plans, and Shop the States had one which suited lighter users, but the others didn't.
     So if, Dark Lizerd, you are referring to one of these services, I'd be interested in looking at it. It might be one I hadn't examined before, and it might just suit me. I'm not sure if the moderators would have a problem identifying it - but if not, I'd be interested to know who these people are.
     Thank you.

Regards, Michael.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

There is a fee for use... :(
http://www.allamericaforwarding.com
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Thanks for that.
DarkLizerd wrote:There is a fee for use... :(
http://www.allamericaforwarding.com
     Of course - I expected so - very little is free.
     That's not a problem - it's whether the fee is grossly excessive for the level of use I expect to make that could be problematical. But I'll examine their fees, and see how it comes out, and whether I can use it.

Regards, Michael.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

I have been contacted by FedEx that this may be a scam...
And after 30 days, my contact site s down... hmmmm

But... if anyone is interested, PM me and I will give you my address to ship to, and I will forward them to you...
Just like the site would have...

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

DarkLizerd wrote:I have been contacted by FedEx that this may be a scam...
     What might be a scam? The web site you gave above, All America Forwarding?
     I just tried visiting it, and it doesn't even seem to be there. (I don't recall whether it was when you first gave it and I tried visiting it.)

Regards, Michael.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Strange... It was there...
My interface page was down too...
Now I have a different page to go to...

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Just tried it again - still not there. (And what do you mean by your interface page? - not sure I know what that term means.)
     Still... if it is indeed a scam, then the appropriate authority might have pulled it off the net, which may explain why it's no longer there.
     Thanks for telling us - it's a bit scary to think of the ways you can be deceived and ripped off on the Internet - and the way we seem to trust people not to misuse our credit cards. I've been incredibly lucky myself - never ripped off so far in over a decade, except for a couple of eBay purchases that never turned up, which could of course be due to genuinely going astray in the post.

Regards, Michael.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

LockedInALocker wrote:     Just tried it again - still not there. (And what do you mean by your interface page? - not sure I know what that term means.)....
I have a web page that lists my shipments...
What come's in and where it goes out...

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

... :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry:
I guess it was a scam after all... :cry:
But, I still can personaly ship stuff for ya...
... small fee tho... maybe just the cost of shipping should cover it...
I'm not here to make money, at least not off this...

... stand by for plug...
Alth, I do have a site for a fuel additive that should add 5 to 20% more milage
MilageMaxxAtLogan.com

... I now return you to your regulatly scheduled bondage action...