DIY Homemade Dildo [with pics]

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Graafmans17
Unfettered Newbie

RE: DIY Homemade Dildo [with pics]

Unread post by Graafmans17 »

Hello Everybody,After succesfully finishing my diy dildo, I thought I should share it with you all.The things u need:- Pen or stift- Some socks- Tape- EXTRA: Latex GloveI'm just going to write down how I made mine, which is about 19cm long and 2 cm thick. (But you can make it as long and as thick as you like)1. Take an old useless pen or marker or something like that.2. Gather some old socks, and put the pen into one of them. Roll the sock/socks tightly around the pen.3. Go and get some tape, I used extra strong hobby tape for this one, but for other ones I used a kind of latex tape. Now firmly tape the tape around the sock, so that it start to look like a nice dildo ;) (You should be aware of the fact that the thickness decreases when u firmly tape the tape around the sock.) And this is what u get when finished! (I didn't taped the end, because it just can't get in 19cm :-( )EXTRA: 4. It could be that u have a little problems with the top, that u can't make the top without sharp edges from the tape. One simple solution for that is to take a latex glove, cut off 1 finger, put the finger over the top of the dildo and then tape the end of the finger to the dildo and you've got a nice and smooth top!EXTRA2: The photo's aren't whole on this page, the right side is missing, but you still should get the intention of the steps. If u're interesting in the whole pictures or in pictures with me using them, pm me.  :oops: Well, Now you should be able to make your own homemade dildo. If you have any questions about this, post them here or pm me.Graafmans17EDIT: If anyone is interested in how I made my Buttplug, just ask nicely, and I'll put it also on here ;)

BoundBear
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by BoundBear »

FYI, the pictures are cut off because most monitors are too wide, and due to a weird forum oddity, the scroll bars that move the picture are at the bottom of the post.  So you can see them, but you have to do down to the scroll, then back up.But it's an interesting technique...  Is there any problem with the moisture of being up there loosening up the tape?  Or leaving residue...  up there?

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

!!!! CHEAT!!!!I saw your posts over on bound anna....OK, maybe not a cheat...One thought, you are too close when you took the pictures, that makes them look out of focus. And you could crop them a bit....Good idea tho... BoundBear... You could use several layers of latex gloves, but just one finger, several times... that should work... 
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

Graafmans17
Unfettered Newbie

[quote="DarkLizerd"]!!!! CHEAT!!!!I saw your posts over on bound anna....OK, maybe not a cheat...One thought, you are too close when you took the pictures, that makes them look out of focus. And you could crop them a bit....Good idea tho... BoundBear... You could use several layers of latex gloves, but just one finger, several times... that should work... [/quote]It ain't a cheat, I just posted it on boundanna and here ;)

Graafmans17
Unfettered Newbie

[quote="BoundBear"]FYI, the pictures are cut off because most monitors are too wide, and due to a weird forum oddity, the scroll bars that move the picture are at the bottom of the post.  So you can see them, but you have to do down to the scroll, then back up.But it's an interesting technique...  Is there any problem with the moisture of being up there loosening up the tape?  Or leaving residue...  up there?[/quote]There's no problem with leaving any residue on the dildo, you can just wash it under the shower, as long as you taped it all covered.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

[quote=BoundBear]FYI, the pictures are cut off because most monitors are too wide, anddue to a weird forum oddity, the scroll bars that move the picture areat the bottom of the post.  So you can see them, but you have to dodown to the scroll, then back up.[/quote][quote="DarkLizerd"]One thought, you are too close when you took the pictures, that makes them look out of focus. And you could crop them a bit.... [/quote]You could probably either crop OR simply resize them -- those pics are huge!! If you'd like to resize them, you can always use  "Post Options" then select  the "Edit Post" choice from the pulldown menu. Outside of that, it's certainly an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to keep clean. 

aldeanl
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by aldeanl »

By Alix Shedd From the February 10, 2005 issue | Posted in Culture | Email this article By Alix SheddThis is a perfect my-first-silicone-casting project for those who are incensed by the high price of dildos (on average $60-$100). Upon completion, you will have a high-quality silicone dildo that will put that scarf you knitted to shame. Lesser dildos are made of latex, which is more porous, and therefore more likely to harbor germies. The silicone dildo is non-porous, so that means that cleaning is a cinch, and you can even share it!1. Mold ItUse a soft clay to mold the toy of your dreams.The possibilities are endless.2. Paint It with LatexPush the base of the clay toy onto a piece of cardboard so it's nice and steady.First cover the clay in Vaseline so you can slip the clay out later. Use liquid latex (the kind at art stores meant for making casts, not the sex-shop body-painting kind) to paint layer after layer onto the clay, as well as about two inches in radius onto the box around the toy. Latex takes a long time to dry, so it's best to paint lots of thin layers. Use a hair dryer to speed up the process. Make sure each layer is dry before applying the next. Use about four to seven layers. You might have to let it dry overnight in order to do the last few layers.3. WaitThe latex takes about a week before it is dry enough to use without breaking apart. (Borrow a toy from a friend if you're getting anxious! Just make sure to use a condom on it and/or boil it afterwards.) After it's done drying, squeeze the clay out slowly.4. Fill ‘er upNow it's time for the silicone. The most easily available silicone is the kind found in tubes at hardware stores, used for caulking windows and such things. It's very important that you get 100 percent silicone with no chemical additives, so doublecheck the container. Many hardware stores will only have white and clear silicone, but if you look around, you can find it in a wide variety of colors.To apply the silicone you'll need a caulking gun - a metal device that squeezes the silicone out of the tube. Every woman should have a caulking gun. Most hardware stores should have these as well, and they're not too expensive.Cut a hole in a cardboard box slightly bigger than the width of your toy, and tape the latex so that it hangs into the inside of the box. This is where that extra two inches of latex come in handy.Put in the silicone slowly, squeezing it down through the bottom of the latex to make sure there are no air bubbles.5. EnjoyYou'll have to wait 24 hours for the silicone to dry, and then you can peel off the latex and enjoy. You can use the latex mold over and over again. Now there's a stocking stuffer!

aldeanl
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by aldeanl »

my question to this perfect solution is; what can i substitute for the use of liquid latex in the formula above?

Oblio
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Oblio »

Silicone can be thinned with xylene to make it brushable.  It takes a long time to dry, and the fumes aren't vitamins, so beware.   

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by justDIY »

fill a condom with caulk, use string or trash bag ties to create separations

caulk silicone dries very hard, not soft like expensive toys

alternately you can eject a tube of caulk into very soapy ice water, wear real latex gloves, not vinyl or nitrile... Mould the silicone into whatever shape you desire, work quick, the water speeds the curing process

bubbagump601
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by bubbagump601 »

bubbagump6012012-03-14 23:43:48

bubbagump601
Unfettered Newbie

[quote="aldeanl"]By Alix Shedd From the February 10, 2005 issue | Posted in Culture | Email this article By Alix SheddThis is a perfect my-first-silicone-casting project for those who are incensed by the high price of dildos (on average $60-$100). Upon completion, you will have a high-quality silicone dildo that will put that scarf you knitted to shame. Lesser dildos are made of latex, which is more porous, and therefore more likely to harbor germies. The silicone dildo is non-porous, so that means that cleaning is a cinch, and you can even share it!1. Mold ItUse a soft clay to mold the toy of your dreams.The possibilities are endless.2. Paint It with LatexPush the base of the clay toy onto a piece of cardboard so it's nice and steady.First cover the clay in Vaseline so you can slip the clay out later. Use liquid latex (the kind at art stores meant for making casts, not the sex-shop body-painting kind) to paint layer after layer onto the clay, as well as about two inches in radius onto the box around the toy. Latex takes a long time to dry, so it's best to paint lots of thin layers. Use a hair dryer to speed up the process. Make sure each layer is dry before applying the next. Use about four to seven layers. You might have to let it dry overnight in order to do the last few layers.3. WaitThe latex takes about a week before it is dry enough to use without breaking apart. (Borrow a toy from a friend if you're getting anxious! Just make sure to use a condom on it and/or boil it afterwards.) After it's done drying, squeeze the clay out slowly.4. Fill ‘er upNow it's time for the silicone. The most easily available silicone is the kind found in tubes at hardware stores, used for caulking windows and such things. It's very important that you get 100 percent silicone with no chemical additives, so doublecheck the container. Many hardware stores will only have white and clear silicone, but if you look around, you can find it in a wide variety of colors.To apply the silicone you'll need a caulking gun - a metal device that squeezes the silicone out of the tube. Every woman should have a caulking gun. Most hardware stores should have these as well, and they're not too expensive.Cut a hole in a cardboard box slightly bigger than the width of your toy, and tape the latex so that it hangs into the inside of the box. This is where that extra two inches of latex come in handy.Put in the silicone slowly, squeezing it down through the bottom of the latex to make sure there are no air bubbles.5. EnjoyYou'll have to wait 24 hours for the silicone to dry, and then you can peel off the latex and enjoy. You can use the latex mold over and over again. Now there's a stocking stuffer![/quote]Can you clarify something for me? the liquid latex mold...does it breathe? i have tried using the silicone with other molds and it doesnt really want to dry. it stays sticky... I just want to make sure its actually going to solidify. seems like shooting it into the mold might create a similar environment as the tube its originally in and in which it stays liquideee. i am hoping for success. any info you have would be great.

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by justDIY »

bubba ... latex is porous, so it does let air in, and the solvent out of the caulk. the silicone will eventually cure; expect it to take about two weeks. you can speed it up keeping it somewhere hot and humid, both of these things speed the curing of silicone caulk

you don't have to bother with making a latex mold first, just get a good quality heavy duty condom, fill it with caulk and tie pieces of string / wire around it here and there to create some textures.

fyi, the caulk toy will stink awful like vinegar the first week or so while it's curing - might want to keep this in mind if you share space with curious people that might investigate the source of the smell. when it's fully cured the smell is gone.

bubbagump601
Unfettered Newbie

Thank you so much! I will try it both with a mold and with a condom!