Your Buying Experiences

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

Re: Your Buying Experiences

Unread post by d3vious_g3nius »

EDIT: Comment removed, no relevance.

Cheers,
- Dan
Last edited by d3vious_g3nius on 17 Apr 2012, 01:18, edited 1 time in total.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Oh for fuck sake! One more time, with feeling...

"Cross-dressing" is inherently gender defined. My kink isn't.

And you've again conflated the term "cross-dressing", describing the act, with "cross-dresser", describing the identity. They are not the same. You'll find that if you put that all-important -er suffix in your search, the majority of usage is in terms of identity rather than action. You can get as picky as you like about the derivation of a term, but it's common use that matters.

Getting upset about terminology that's in common use is pointless. I've seen it so many times ... look up the use of the word "hacker" for example.

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

Sheeeeiiit

Would everyone please stop arguing and just enjoy themselves? We've got enough people labelling us and placing us into groups without getting fellow kinksters in on the act too!

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

ruru67 wrote:"Cross-dressing" is inherently gender defined. My kink isn't.
Crossdressing is gender defined?! How, beyond the fact that the VAST majority of crossdressers (87-89%, two studies) are biologically male, identify as male, and wish to remain male? This is precisely the kind of pseudo-intellectual BS that confuses the rest of the world into erroneously thinking that crossdresser equals gay, equals transgender, and equals would-be transexual -- when, obviously -- they DON'T.
ruru67 wrote:And you've again conflated the term "cross-dressing", describing the act, with "cross-dresser", describing the identity. They are not the same. You'll find that if you put that all-important -er suffix in your search, the majority of usage is in terms of identity rather than action.
I'm truly not sure what sorts of "identity" you're referring to, but "crossdresser" is certainly NOT a "gender identity," either. I'm not sure if you're confusing "crossdresser" with "transgender" or "transexual" or people with gender identity disorder, but I'm sure we'd all love to see links to legitimate sources that you've uncovered in YOUR research on the subject.

Candy90
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Candy90 »

Sorry I thought this thread was about Your Buying Experiences :lol:

I have to say that I have bought all of my womens clothes online, just have not worked up the courage to walk into a store yet.

Here is my latest buy from ebay

https://fetlife.com/users/1261282/pictures/10614516 or http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg25 ... 017777.jpg

A lovely wiggle dress :) Cant wait to wear it when it arrives mid next week.
Regards,

Candice xoxoxo

Feel free to friend me at Fetlife. Please send a message too let me know a little about yourself.
https://fetlife.com/users/1261282

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

Candy90 wrote:Sorry I thought this thread was about Your Buying Experiences :lol:
You're absolutely right.
Candy90 wrote:Image

A lovely wiggle dress :) Cant wait to wear it when it arrives mid next week.
It looks very nice, be sure to share pics when you get it :)
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

That dress is very very cute. I hope to be buying something similar myself next week, after pay day.

ducttapelover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ducttapelover »

I've bought a lot of my stuff online so never been worried too much apart from just hoping that no1's around or still asleep when the package arrives

however there has been a few occasions where I've bought tights and tops from the shops but it's only usually an item or 2 at a time so haven't panicked although i hav had the adrenaline go through me
But i did try buying some tights a few weeks ago from Tescos and the self-checkout was closed so had to do it the normal way and i wasn't allowed to purchase them and had them confiscated from me simple as that and I just thought fine I'll leave it

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by MsBehavin »

ducttapelover wrote: ...and i wasn't allowed to purchase them and had them confiscated from me simple as that and I just thought fine I'll leave it
I don't understand what you mean happened here - who was it who didn't allow you to buy the tights?

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

You had them confiscated from you? I'd have gone absolutely mental at them myself, they have no right to refuse to sell you something unless it's an age restricted item and you don't have ID or don't appear old enough. Maybe they were expecting you to back down out of fear?

I'm off to New Look on Tuesday night to pick up my new shorts, top and boots (as seen below) that I've ordered online for in store pick up. I can't wait to take some photos of the entire outfit together! The boots should have been £23 but were reduced to £10 and they only had my size left. :D
1.jpg
2.jpg
2.jpg (27.98 KiB) Viewed 26651 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (26.11 KiB) Viewed 26651 times

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

The clothes finally arrived in store today, and I picked them up without a hitch. The girl on the counter seemed to be having a bad day though! :lol: Anyway, they're all a size 8 (even the shoes!) but I sort of wish I'd have ordered a 6 as the shorts are loose around the legs and the top is very loose! They're still really cute though, and the shoes are very comfortable given how high the heels are.

ducttapelover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ducttapelover »

Just the guy at the checkout who didn't allow me to buy me and I didn't want to make a fuss as it was late at night and wanted to get back home so I thought fine I'll leave it

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

ducttapelover wrote:Just the guy at the checkout who didn't allow me to buy me and I didn't want to make a fuss as it was late at night and wanted to get back home so I thought fine I'll leave it
Since hosiery isn't an age restricted item (as far as I'm aware) he had no right to take them off you unless he had a genuine reason for refusing the sale! I'd have kicked off big time myself, I'm fed up with checkout staff thinking they're better than the customers in shops.

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

ducttapelover wrote:Just the guy at the checkout who didn't allow me to buy me and I didn't want to make a fuss as it was late at night and wanted to get back home so I thought fine I'll leave it
Seriously... What a dick!
Next time you have someone being awkward demand to see a supervisor and complain that its embarrassing enough to have to slip into Tesco's for a pair of tights your girlfriend needs who happens to be getting ready to go out, without some idiot making a big deal of it... I mean did he actually think they were for YOU? ...and even IF they were, is store policy against it?... because there's laws against discrimination of people wishing to live a transgender lifestyle. (Which there are btw though technically its more of a human rights issue than an infringement of UK law itself - though as I understand it, watch this space on this point.)... And are THEY willing to be the one that drags their company into court?

Say all of this with calm authority and hold their gaze... you have every RIGHT to buy those tights. They have no damn business needing to know why.

Davina47
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Davina47 »

MsBehavin wrote:
Seriously... What a dick!
Next time you have someone being awkward demand to see a supervisor and complain that its embarrassing enough to have to slip into Tesco's for a pair of tights your girlfriend needs who happens to be getting ready to go out, without some idiot making a big deal of it... I mean did he actually think they were for YOU? ...and even IF they were, is store policy against it?... because there's laws against discrimination of people wishing to live a transgender lifestyle. (Which there are btw though technically its more of a human rights issue than an infringement of UK law itself - though as I understand it, watch this space on this point.)... And are THEY willing to be the one that drags their company into court?

Say all of this with calm authority and hold their gaze... you have every RIGHT to buy those tights. They have no damn business needing to know why.
I totally agree with your approach :D

I've not had a problem buying stockings (at Tesco, as it happens) but I'd hit ,em between the eyes (fill in your preferred anatomical parts) if I had that jerk or his like.

I bought my first female clothes when I was about 10 and told the assistant in Woolies it was for my mother - no problem at all, and that was a long, long time ago

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Part of me says just walk away, and never darken their doorstep again. But another part of me says get that little shit's arse fired, so he doesn't do it again to someone else. And I think on balance the latter is preferable; I doubt the management condone obnoxious behaviour by their checkout staff.

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

Tesco management take any complaints about their staff very very seriously if previous experience is anything to go by. My friend once complained to someone about having to wait for ages at the photo counter, and when she did the woman behind the counter gave her a sarcastic reply and walked away. A manager was on the scene and asked my friend if she wished to file an official complaint there and then and apologised for the staff member's attitude.

I can understand why ducttapelover just decided to leave it and fully respect his decision to do so but I tend to do the opposite when confronted; I try to make them feel embarrassed about the situation. You'd be amazed how often you can catch people off guard when they think they're being clever by simply turning their 'ammunition' against them. A perfect example being recently when my friend was walking along the road with me and we were both wearing similar cardigans. Some 'lads' walked past and said "Oooh, nice jumpers did you get dressed together?" to which my friend replied with "Nah, we just rang each other up this morning to make sure we matched perfectly"

He didn't know what to do; he had been completely disarmed. I plan to do the same if anyone ever confronts me about buying women's clothing. :lol:

BondageBaby22
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by BondageBaby22 »

Thank you for all your contributions to this thread. I feel privileged to have the moderator comment on it.

I am looking to buy some heels but I'm not sure where I can get them in my size, I am a men's 9.5 , 9 at a squeeze. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, I nearly have a complete outfit to lost some pictures of.

Tied85
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tied85 »

BondageBaby22 wrote:Thank you for all your contributions to this thread. I feel privileged to have the moderator comment on it.

I am looking to buy some heels but I'm not sure where I can get them in my size, I am a men's 9.5 , 9 at a squeeze. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, I nearly have a complete outfit to lost some pictures of.
Are you in the UK or elsewhere? I find that a womens size 8 still fits me well but can't be worn for too long or else it gets uncomfortable. I actually buy mine in a size 7 though as I prefer the feeling of compression on my feet, especially during bondage.

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Answers will vary according to which part of the world you are from... generally you should find various online shops in your country (or near so postage is sensible) or ebay useful.