darlex or spandex sleepsack?

All wrapped up and noplace to go, just the way you like it!
nug21
Unfettered Newbie

darlex or spandex sleepsack?

Unread post by nug21 »

Hi there,

I am planning to buy sleepsack for non-solo use. I found a few suppliers, but I don´t know, which sack will be best.

I would like to have sleepsack also for sleeping at night. So it has to be comfortable and breathable enough to be inside for overnight sleep (lets say 8 hours). Also it should have internal sleeves and it has to be inescapable, when fully closed. I am leaning towards spandex or darlex material, because other fabrics would be too sweaty or expensive. Currently my options are:

1) spandex sleepsack from spandexwear.com , preferably with 10oz heavy spandex
2) darlex sleepsack from one of sellers - winterfetish, extremerestraints, mr-s-leather

I read some good reviews about darlex, but considering all costs including customs fees, option 2 is two times more expensive than first. So I´m not sure, if it is worth it.

If you can provide some information and insights, it would be very helpful for me. Also any comments from sleeepsack owners from these shops are very welcomed.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: darlex or spandex sleepsack?

Unread post by Franzia »

Since you would like to spend an entire night inside it without it becoming a wet, sweaty experience I would suggest spandex.
It's definitely more breathable than darlex, and even if spandex is 'stretchy' and not as restrictive as darlex, internal sleeves should keep you from escaping. ;)

skinnylinny
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by skinnylinny »

I've never had a chance to experience a spandex sleepsack, although if it's a similar strength to what gets used for zentai, I'd be worried that it would tear at any seams after prolonged struggling.

I do, however, own a darlex sleepsack from Extreme Restraints, and while it was expensive, it has to be the best kink purchase I have ever made, possibly even eclipsing my magic wand. It's very solidly built, completely inescapable (as long as it fits you properly - tried it on someone about 6 inches shorter than me and much more slender, and they got out within about 30 seconds) and the darlex "fights" you. There's about two inches of movement in the arm sleeves that I can manage for about ten seconds, then the material forces your arms back into pretty well the same position again. I've found that there's just enough space to move my hands slightly in the pocket, so they don't cramp up, and have been in the sack for up to 3 hours at a time. It's warm, but not too much so - maybe a little sweaty after a fair bit of struggling, but I've never overheated in it. Then again, I am using it in Scotland, where the temperature rarely exceeds 20 degrees C (~70 Fahrenheit).

I would very highly recommend the Darlex Heavy Duty Sleepsack from Extreme Restraints (no connection other than a VERY satisfied customer). May I ask where it is you'd be importing to?

Roargathor
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Roargathor »

I,m actually in the same boat. My fianc'ee and I are looking for a quick alternative to saran wrap and tape, (we have used a variety of tape types aswell). So either darlex, it latex.... she loves the shiny look of latex, I am thinking darlex for the breathability for full night bondage. Decisions....

noneleft
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by noneleft »

I've been considering the winterfetish darlex sleepsack for several months now. I became interested in it and bought some pallet wrap as a low cost trial too make sure I actually enjoyed the concept. I like the method of restraint but I'm not big on getting all wrapped up and the noise it makes while wrapped up and wiggling. I think I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the sleepsack.

Area51
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Area51 »

noneleft wrote:I've been considering the winterfetish darlex sleepsack for several months now. I became interested in it and bought some pallet wrap as a low cost trial too make sure I actually enjoyed the concept. I like the method of restraint but I'm not big on getting all wrapped up and the noise it makes while wrapped up and wiggling. I think I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the sleepsack.
Darlex is definitely worth it over spandex. Gives a much more inescapable experience.

inallwaysbound
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by inallwaysbound »

EDIT: I just realized how old this post was... still, hope it helps someone...

Yes, if you can afford it, go for the darlex. Just make sure it fits your height. Winter Fetish now has them in tall and extra tall. They didn't when we got ours. Mine is comfortable, but due to the height not being QUITE enough, I get hurting toes syndrome after a couple hours. It doesn't sound bad, but after a couple hours of being stuck (Which you will be, if its zipped all the way) and not being able to get your toes comfortable, it gets to be a little less fun. I have spent a night in mine, with their dickie hood, with only nose holes. It was pretty intense. I was put on the couch at about 12:30 am, due to too much struggling. The zipper goes low enough that you can get your feet out and walk, then go right back in. You finally just give up. It was one of the 3 best things we have ever bought, I have considered buying a new one, only to get the tall size, and a rear access zip. My sleepsack still looks like the day we got it in the mail, after AT LEAST 75 uses... I do have a hobble dress in spandex from Winterfetish as well, and that material is awesome, but not as restrictive. The straitjacket shorts are great, we have those in darlex, but it's not really tall enough for me, I get a pretty bad zipper bind in the crotch. I'm only 5'11, so I didn't think height would be that much of an issue.

BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Unread post by BoundCharlotte »

Darlex is much better. Spandex stretches a lot and thus a lot of wiggling and you might get free. Darlex is stronger and tighter making it more restrictive. Ive been overnight in a darlex sleepsack hundreds of times and i have never even been close to escaping.