Self-Bondage Release Mechanism

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Tyerrup
Strict Strappado

RE: Self-Bondage Release Mechanism

Unread post by Tyerrup »

Hi All,I just went to ACE Hardware, your friendly neighborhood kinkware store.I was looking for a short piece of pvc pipe, which I found.I was also looking for panic snaps, which I didn't.BUT, while I was on the way home, I had an idea.Why not get panic snaps and then freeze them in such a way that a block of ice forms around the movable portion in the middle?   Then, you can lock one end of the snap to a fixed object and the other end to your cuff.  Or use one between your cuffs.  The point being that until the ice melts enough to free up the movable release in the middle, you are stuck.The other point being that you don't have to worry about using a knife to cut free or a key to fall to unlock yourself.http://www.hobbytool.com/browseproducts ... p.htmlTake a look at the picture at the above link.  The portion in the middle of the snap with the arrow on it is the part that slides up to release the lower snap/hook portion.  I was just thinking tho, that perhaps even if you freeze a block of ice around it, that you would just have to grab the ice itself and it would move along with the center portion.  I guess I will have to experiment once I find some panic snaps.I'd order them online but I have already gotten like 3 shipments of kinky stuff lately and my apartment manager might start getting suspicious about all those "plain brown packages!"  :)Anyway, if anyone has panic snaps on hand already, perhaps they can try this and let us know if it works.

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Self-Bondage Release Mechanism

Unread post by orion1545 »

I know this post is very old.. but just started experimenting with panic snaps for self bondage. This post interested me..freezing it would be a great idea.. has anyone tried this? I know now a days they have the ice warden ice locks. I've made a few of my own using pvc but they don't seem to last more then 15 mins.

I need to buy a real ice warden soon. But for now I will continue to experiment with the panic snap. I have currently created a full kind bed restraint system using posey restraints and chains. It's a pretty tight bond once completely in. The last part is a rope ratchet connected to my wrist restraint with the panic snap.. I can use my hand to pull the rope tight.. it's a great experience. But having a safe way to be stuck in that position for an hour or so would be the ideal self bondage.

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

The trouble with ice locks is all that water dripping all over the place

Take a tall plastic bottle and feed in 2 lengths of 3/8 chain slip in a match stick to support the chain so that the chain is just touching the bottom of the bottle, fill with water and freeze, make sure there is at least 4-6 inches of chain hanging out.
Behind a chair screw a horse ring.
Into the back of the chair, then place the bottle neck through the ring and place packing under the bottle so that the bottle will not move about, or fix with gaffer tap. Make sure the 2 chains are through the horse ring; place an unlocked padlock on each chain end.
Tie yourself to the chair how you like and with 2 more pieces of chain, place one round each wrist and lock on, put your arms behind and lock each chain to the 2 padlocks that go to the bottle, keeping separate of Course, your fucked for a couple of hours or so, as the ice melts it stays in the bottle.
You can extend the time by wrapping a towel around the bottle, if you’re a pussy sit next to a heater.
I use this method for pole tying and suspension (with a bigger block of ice).
sometimes I'll add electrical stim for a bit more fun.
Have fun.
Attachments
Ring.jpg
Ring.jpg (15.03 KiB) Viewed 13431 times

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

I was about to suggest almost exactly the same. I knot the end of the chain and add enough so it coils at the bottom, so if the heat conducted into the bottle by the chain melts a path for it to pull out it still has to melt further before the chain comes free. Then I use Velcro straps or releasable cable-ties to strap the bottles (one for each arm) to the legs at the top of the bed.

Do some test runs with different sized bottles. I may have written this here before but I first tried a two litre coke bottle and it was a damn good thing it was a test run because it took eight or ten hours, which I'd like to do sometime but I'd need to be prepared, both physically (diaper and bed protection) and mentally (I'd have been going nuts after a few hours if I hadn't expected it to last so long). I've since found that 500ml water bottles are good for 2-4 hours, long enough to get off to sleep and wake up free - or maybe wake up for a little struggle along the way. :-)

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

I suppose the release time is all down to the room temperature, my 1.5 ltr bottle was about 3hours and not knowing when it would let me go was a buzz in it self, when I did this I didn't use a safety backup and it was quite an adventure, I also got a big buzz from being fixed to one place all the time, so my chair bond is a regular happening for me, I'm also planing a bit of electrical stimulation to the situation to take away the boredom. lol.
Attachments
Unnamed2.jpg
Unnamed2.jpg (15.74 KiB) Viewed 13255 times

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

orion1545,
I have an ice lock, and it holds for about 1 to 2 hours (depending on room temperature. But as the ice melts I find it partially releases after about three quarters of the time and gives about an inch of movement without fully releasing. This is fine if used to stop movement towards my keys, but is annoying if its being used in a tight tie like you suggest as you get unwanted slack and possible escape.
lanad ,
Nice Phdto, is there a gag under the Mask? I use a hood but for safety i do not wear a gag when immobilised so that I can shout for help if the release fails.
Attachments
Icelock and Hood.png
Icelock and Hood.png (100.45 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

I very rarely use ice in a tight bond, and as you say it keeps your hands away from the keys, and it's annoying when a bond comes lose, so frustrating. in the photo I used a rubber ball in a nylon stocking, and wrapped the legs around my head and covered my eyes, pulled it so tight that I could see stars, added ear plugs as well, the rope work was as tight as I could get it, the ice lock kept me there for about an hour as the room was to warm,