Your favorite handcuffs for Self-Bondage

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
southern_sub_gurl
Unfettered Newbie

Your favorite handcuffs for Self-Bondage

Unread post by southern_sub_gurl »

Hi All!

Ok, so I've been thinking about this for a while and have practiced with a lot of different cuff models, but I wanted to pose this question to the forum in hopes of spurring a discussion and possibly helping those in the gear market. My question is: What are your favorite handcuffs for Self-Bondage? Is it the simplicity of the S&W 100, the weight of the Clejuso 13? How about the flexibility of quality leather cuffs secured buckle and joint with padlocks? There are no wrong answers, your favorite is your favorite, I'm just wondering what that is and why. Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to reading your responses!

Love,
Trish

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Your favorite handcuffs for Self-Bondage

Unread post by steellover »

So far, I've had good luck with basic Smith & Wesson cuffs. One of these days I'm going to get the lever lock style; it should be easier to double lock when I cuff my hands behind my back with those. :D

southern_sub_gurl
Unfettered Newbie

Thanks for your reply!
steellover wrote:So far, I've had good luck with basic Smith & Wesson cuffs.
That's great! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that sometimes enjoys getting back to basics!
steellover wrote:One of these days I'm going to get the lever lock style; it should be easier to double lock when I cuff my hands behind my back with those. :D
I've not had as much luck with the lever lock, those I've had over the years have been too easy to disengage the double lock and end up tightening (at usually the worst possible time, of course). If you find some good ones please let me know about them! I'd love to be able to go tool-less on my regular cuffs and not have to shell out so much for the Clejuso models with the double lock spur large enough to engage with a finger alone.

Love,
Trish

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

I like the Alcyon universal joint cuffs. More restrictive than chain link but less chance of getting stuck than Hinged or rigid cuffs.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

lockedup4eva
Chair Bound

Unread post by lockedup4eva »

Hey! Great topic, my favourite use of cuffs is to use heavy duty locking leather cuffs on my wrists (cant have any marks afterwards you see) which i lock together using S&W handcuffs, the other wrist of which I use to lock my wrists together and into a hogtie. Its quite restrictive but you have 2 options for unlocking yourself to escape AND they cant tighten up on you so its safe too :-)
Please mistress, lock me up and take the keys....

southern_sub_gurl
Unfettered Newbie

Jimdini wrote:I like the Alcyon universal joint cuffs.
I had no idea about this manufacturer, looks like a great design and fairly inexpensive as well! Exactly the feedback I was looking for with this thread, thanks!

lockedup4eva wrote: ...locking leather cuffs on my wrists...which i lock together using S&W handcuffs...
Very innovative use of cuffs! Good solve of the double-lock issue too! Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Trish

lockedup4eva
Chair Bound

Unread post by lockedup4eva »

Thanks!

Ive also used S&W type ankle cuffs with an 18in chain between. But I found if you simply loop the handcuffs around the ankle chain (in a hogtie- I love a hogtie) you get too much movement. So a padlock through thr centre link of the handcuff chain and the centre link of the ankle chain can improve this, but Id still always rather have my ankles together so I dont use these too often.
Please mistress, lock me up and take the keys....

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

I want to find a pair of handcuffs that have a keyhole on both sides. I've accidentally reversed those suckers twice and nearly couldn't get free.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Cd Tammy wrote:I want to find a pair of handcuffs that have a keyhole on both sides. I've accidentally reversed those suckers twice and nearly couldn't get free.
The new TCH (UK manufacturer) range have this feature, police standard cuffs with double locking. :D
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

joebk
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by joebk »

I have tried a number of different brands and I deinately perfer Peerless chain link cuffs.
I would avoid the hinged cuffs because they are a bit dangerous and can cause injury.
I use cuffs that really can't be escaped from without a key, so leather cuffs are out.

xhr92
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by xhr92 »

For me it's the TCH 840 rigid handcuffs. Restricts movement a lot more. The keyholes are only on one side though, you have to be extra careful (I always double lock one wrist in front of me to double check orientation).

With hands cuffed in the back, I can't reach up to my head for example (I can with regular cuffs), so it makes locking a hood (or a gag) unnecessary. Only problem is that I can still get my hands to the front. I'm too flexible :-( I need to find a safe way to restrict upper arm movement.

buck100
Chair Bound

Unread post by buck100 »

My favorites are a pair of Peerless with a 2 link chain that I bought about 30 years ago. It was my second pair of handcuffs. The first was a really cheap pair I got at a sex shop. There was a police supply store in town, and I finally got my nerve up, went in, and this was the first pair I saw. Paid for them and ran out. I now own about 10 pairs, but these are still my favorites.

Buck

joebk
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by joebk »

buck100 wrote:My favorites are a pair of Peerless with a 2 link chain that I bought about 30 years ago. It was my second pair of handcuffs. The first was a really cheap pair I got at a sex shop. There was a police supply store in town, and I finally got my nerve up, went in, and this was the first pair I saw. Paid for them and ran out. I now own about 10 pairs, but these are still my favorites.

Buck
I had 2 Peerless model 500 and a model 700 and a pair of Peerless hinged cuffs which were bought years ago all of
which were perfect.
I have tried Hiatt, S&W, Fury and a bunch of the made in Taiwan type. I never tried ASP.
After some Google searching I saw a lot of complaints about Peerless quality going down so my previous
comments may no longer be valid.

I don't know who makes good cuffs nowadays.

southern_sub_gurl
Unfettered Newbie

joebk wrote:I have tried a number of different brands and I deinately perfer Peerless chain link cuffs.
I would avoid the hinged cuffs because they are a bit dangerous and can cause injury...
I second your feelings on the Peerless! I have one standard and one oversized (short chain leg irons) pair of Peerless chain cuffs, I love both of them!
xhr92 wrote:For me it's the TCH 840 rigid handcuffs. Restricts movement a lot more.
Good call on the rigid cuffs! As you stated one has to be more careful without the flexibility of the chain or hinge, but much more stringent!
buck100 wrote:My favorites are a pair of Peerless with a 2 link chain that I bought about 30 years ago.
They do become akin to ones' favorite pair of blue jeans, don't they? Well, they don't stretch as much but they are comfortable for sure :-)

Thanks to all for your replies!

Love,
Trish

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

xhr92 wrote:For me it's the TCH 840 rigid handcuffs. Restricts movement a lot more.
Good call on the rigid cuffs! As you stated one has to be more careful without the flexibility of the chain or hinge, but much more stringent!

TCH now make a model 842 twinlock with keyholes both sides :D

slpnot
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by slpnot »

S&W I have had them for 35 years I cut the chain off and weild a half of chain link to each cuff and use for many different positions . But my favorite are Irish 8's I've been locked in those for 24 hours once they are comfortable and restrictive at the same time and S&W 300
Ben Trovato

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

slpnot wrote:But my favorite are Irish 8's I've been locked in those for 24 hours once they are comfortable and restrictive at the same time
:o

I agree Irish Eights are comfortable on the wrists (But not really practicable for SB unless you have a human release ;) ), but as they are restrictive I have never lasted longer than an hour before wanting out. :cry:

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

jim,its not bondage untill you want out:)

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I actually have lots of favorite handcuffs even though I don't usually do any real self bondage sessions with them.
The ones I currently use the most are Darbies. I have about 8 working sets from various manufacturers. Many of them are Indian and I have had to rework them for better function.
The reason I use Darbies is because they are pretty wide and if there are no sharp edges, they don't leave marks.
The next favorite is the Peerless 1912 first model. I use them because they are pretty heavy duty and because I was working on them for a while to get them to move smoothly.
More modern stuff gets its use also but usually it isn't for self bondage. My Jailer tends to use them on me.
If not the modern stuff, then she uses a Fetters Combination that I modified slightly with metal clips when let the Jailer lock them on with padlocks to completely prevent escape
For modern handcuffs, I prefer a slightly larger size so that I can rotate my wrists in them. Hiatts has a pretty good slightly oversized set. S&W Model 1s are also slightly larger. Peerless hinged (801?) are large as well.

For a pair of handcuffs with keyholes on both sides, look at the ASP plastic moulded cuffs. They are comfortable but seem a bit flimsy

The S&W M&P lever locks are pretty good but unfortunately do not come in an oversized version. The lever lock on these is not the same as on the really cheap ones that have "Stop" stamped on them. You need a key to disengage the double lock and the are pretty hard to activate accidentally.

I don't really like the S&W 100 with the slot double lock because they are a bit difficult to set without being able to see the slot. The metal is also a bit soft on most modern S&W handcuffs.
I also don't really like the Peerless 700 because the chain and swivels are a bit flimsy.
A few weeks ago, my Jailer locked a pair on me and locked them to a metal bar with a pair of leg irons.
I was left in the dark. After an hour or so, I got bored and decided to see if I could break out of them.
By wrapping the chain around the leg irons, I was able to apply enough force to bend the swivels and the chain.
If I could see what I was doing, I could easily have broken one of the swivels and gotten out in about a half hour or less.
Afterward, when she unlocked me, I went back and examined the handcuffs and the swivels did not rotate freely any more because of the bending. I had to bend them back to let them rotate again and that did not take any tools either.
I was willing to try to break one set of the Peerless 700s because I have about 5 or 6 sets and was willing to experiment on one set because they really are not hard to get. They look well made but really are not.

- Stahlketten.

southern_sub_gurl
Unfettered Newbie

Thanks to all for your replies!! It's exactly what I had hoped to gain with this post.

Keep up the good work, all!!

Love,
Trish