rip

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

rip

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

has this forum died?
I haven't seen a new post on here in
6 days

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: rip

Unread post by Franzia »

It's an ongoing mystery- judging by the number of members, guests and views, it's doing fairly well (even assuming some are searchbots). But few say anything. Whether it's because they have nothing to say or are too shy, it's certainly not like it used to be.

Hello.. halllooooo .. anybody here? I only hear my echo.. :o

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

i know what you mean.i have been on here for years and this is the first time i have seen it this slow.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

Perhaps it's like work at the moment, everyone is on holiday?

joe01
Chair Bound

Unread post by joe01 »

Maybe some of the members tied themselves up a little too well.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

A solution would be to start a new thread with a topic you are interested in discussing or reply to a thread that you have some experience with or have an opinion on. If YOU won't participate, why would you expect anyone else to?
I have never actually seen this place have a lot of activity but I haven't been here all that long either.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

Posting is like the tides...
sometimes there is more activity... sometimes less...
Then there is another cycle that rides on top of that cause even more.
The last 6 days was just another ebb tide.
(or not...)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

It is Vacation Time, so relax and Post some pictures.
Rae

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Franzia wrote:It's an ongoing mystery- judging by the number of members, guests and views, it's doing fairly well (even assuming some are searchbots). But few say anything. Whether it's because they have nothing to say or are too shy, it's certainly not like it used to be.

Hello.. halllooooo .. anybody here? I only hear my echo.. :o
     Well... as one of those who used to post a lot, but rarely do now, I could perhaps tackle this, but of course it will be only my own reasons, and I believe they may not be typical of members generally. Part of me wonders, though, whether it's not this forum in particular that's become less active, but this style of forum in general. As an earlier example, Yahoo Groups used to be very popular, but they seemed to fade from popularity, for no reason that I could ever find out. Perhaps fashions come and go in this, and some people stop participating in a certain type of web site partly because others around them do. If the discussion generally shifts to another web site or another kind of web site, you have to go with it too if you want to keep discussing things. I have read the suggestion that forums such as this may be suffering because of the rise of Facebook, where more and more discussions are (I've heard) taking place - Facebook has topic-based groups now, some of them very active, although I think Facebook is a far less suitable venue for discussions than either forums or the Yahoo Groups type of mailing list. So perhaps this forum is suffering partly because of general changes in the kind of web sites people use for discussion.
     However, there are reasons why I, personally, have fallen away. I think it partly relates to my own particular interests, and the fact that I perceive the overall or average topics of interest here to have moved away from those, and, beyond a certain point, I hesitate to keep banging on about my own interests if I think few will find them of interest. Although I used to do self-bondage (as in ropes), I found later that this appealed to me a bit less, and this accelerated when my interest in being locked in small containers like lockers and suitcases grew massively. There had long been a small but active current of interest in such things here, but (rightly or wrongly) I have got the feeling that there is less interest in this now. By contrast, I get the impression that interest in cross-dressing and chastity has grown a great deal here, and these are things I have neither interest in nor knowledge of, so I cannot contribute to those discussions. I also perceive that interest in mummification is growing here - and this is something I might have some interest in, but no experience of, and no opportunitities to try it. (I think it would be too dangerous to try experimenting with this on one's own, and I have no partner or bondage-friendly friend to help with this.)
     I am (to my great surprise, really) one of the most prolific posters on this forum - over 1,500 posts, last time I checked - and these have largely been on my own areas of interest, although I have often tried to contribute to other discussions when I thought I had something of interest to say, or at least an intelligent question. (There are areas of bondage I am curious about, but have little or no interest in actually trying for myself.) As a result of this prolific posting, I have increasingly got the feeling that I have simply run out of new things to say. No doubt those couple of thousands of posts recycle the same ideas, which may be okay after some time because there will always be new readers who may be interested but didn't read my earlier thoughts on the same topic. But even so, I think I increasingly began to feel dry of new ideas, and felt that I could recycle ideas only so much and no more. So, without my ever planning it, my posting here just dwindled more and more.
     Yet another part of it may be that I have not had Internet access at home for several years now (a bit complicated, that, and I won't bore anyone with the details), so my opportunities to post here are much more limited (basically either at a local library or when visiting my mother - and I'm willing to open windows with bondage pictures or headings on them in those locations only if no-one can look over my shoulder).

Regards, Michael.