Public Bondage

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Kyleelatex89
Unfettered Newbie

Public Bondage

Unread post by Kyleelatex89 »

Hi everyone, i apologise if this has been posted elsewhere.

I was wondering does anyone know the U.K. law on public bondage, and latex. I often wear latex in public but always wondered what can and can't be done in terms of bondage in public?

Thanks x

One Pivot
Chair Bound

Re: Public Bondage

Unread post by One Pivot »

Public nudity is technically legal in the UK. Indecent exposure is illegal and people have been arrested.

This is all up to local law enforcement as to what is indecent. Being naked in public will almost guarantee arrest.

There's also the fundamental issue of consent. People witnessing a bondage act in public did not consent.

How serious bondage are you considering in public? Walking someone on a leash might not even catch much attention around here. A full blown naked flogging tied to a park bench would likely land you in jail with multiple charges though.
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/shop/leatherbyonepivot

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

It's going to come down to variables like degree of bondage, location, context and whether the police just missed out on doughnuts at the nick. There's nothing specific but if they felt they had to do something (they would have to act on complaints from bystanders or risk of physical harm to participants) they'd find something in the Public Order Act or in Scotland, Public Indecency.

You could always ask a policeman beforehand, or if you can give an idea of what you have in mind I could try to get an opinion out of a good friend who's a sergeant in the Met.

Kyleelatex89
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Kyleelatex89 »

The scenario is me dressed up in latex and handcuffed and gagged, while being lead around the town on a collar and leash

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

Kyleelatex89 wrote:The scenario is me dressed up in latex and handcuffed and gagged, while being lead around the town on a collar and leash
I think it might well depend on the time of day/night as well. If there are children out and about, then you'll probably get reported very quickly, especially if in a rural location. In town, after dark maybe lesss likely to get reported, but may have issues with certain groups deciding to "get involved" regardless of if you are willing or not.

One Pivot
Chair Bound

Unread post by One Pivot »

It can be fun to post fantasies, and I think we all get that. Honestly, I think this one should stay online.

Tanglibly, you risk arrest and the record following you around. A sex related charge on your record can ruin your life.

It also violates consent. You would be forcing people to participate in your fantasy, unknowingly. I highly doubt the general public would be too approving.

Doing kink in public can be amazing! But choose a proper venue, even if just for your own sake. You can find kink clubs and events that are very public, but with a consenting, adult audience.
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/shop/leatherbyonepivot

MelbourneDom
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by MelbourneDom »

I agree with One Pivot (above).

Most people do not wish to be forced to watch the public sexual and/or kinky behaviour of others and you have no right to make them do so. And even less so will they wish to try and explain it to their children.

As best I recall UK law I think "Behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace" will cover just about anything a police officer wants it to.

Take it to a club where people will understand and appreciate your kink.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

i dont see a difference in that and someone going out in drag.

Hertoy
Chair Bound

Unread post by Hertoy »

tiemeupalso wrote:i dont see a difference in that and someone going out in drag.
Big difference. Drag does not usually include wearing restraints and a gag.
Mistress ! No ! Please ! Don't ! Stop !

Sophist
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Sophist »

I have several fantasies for taking people out in hidden bondage, and have even done it with one person.

Each eye was covered with gauze and a special eye plaster, hidden by very dark sunglasses. Her ears had earplugs. She had a vibrator inserted in her pusy and held in place with a crutch rope. She wore a long skirt with her knees and ankles loosely hobbled, her breasts were bound in a harness, and her hands went into the pockets of a hoody and were cuffed in handcuffs which were chained to her waist. Then we went for a (slow) walk around the local town. I even sat her down on a bench and left her alone for a while (whilst keeping watch for safety).

Dianag
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Dianag »

UK law can be really tricky. Sophist, your public bondage was hidden from view, but if someone had seen, say the ankle restraints, you would probably have found yourself answering some awkward questions from the police.

It can come down to how much - or little - bondage, how applied and also being able to prove informed consent. Also, as someone else has mentioned, all it takes is a"complaint" from a member of the public and you can find yourself in all sorts of trouble.

Best advice from me is stay at home, it's not worth the risk.

Sophist
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Sophist »

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I wonder if being locked in handcuffs and leg irons while riding in a car should be considered "public" bondage.
My Jailer has had me locked up that way for a bit over a hour while she was driving around and running errands.