Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Unread post by orion1545 »

I myself really like antique leg irons.. I dont know its because they have a history or they are just so heavy.
Bad thing about most of these is they are collectors items in most cases and will cost you.
Just got anew pair of Mattaluck Judds .. said working on the auction.. 1 Key.
After receiving them, they do work but the way the key is, one side is tough to open..

With them sitting there I had to slip them on to see how they felt.. well 15 mins later i went to take them off.. and..
well lets just say i was starting to panic on how i was going to cut through this thing to get it off my leg. After some finesse it came free. Long story short .. these will be going back on Ebay for the collectors. Gotta be carefull.
Attachments
judds 2
judds 2
Judds
Judds

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I have a set of those.
Mine also have an issue with the lock but I think it is the double lock that does not hold.
The old stuff has more character but the engineering isn't usually as good and with a century of use or bad storage, things just don't work as well as they did when they were new. I also have a matching set of handcuffs but I forget if they take the same key with a triangular hole.
I also don't like the way all the antiques have duplicate cuffs instead of mirrored cuffs like the better modern ones do.
Take a look at the Clejuso Number 8 Leg Irons. Those have a similar shape and weight as compared to antiques, but are a lot more reliable.

gasmask73a
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by gasmask73a »

IMGP7786_800.JPG
I often wear legirons with hobblechain over my highheel boots. For chatting or just to enjoy myself.

BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Unread post by BoundCharlotte »

Sir generally tells me to bind up my Ancles as soon as I get home from work if I am home before him

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I guess this may be off topic again, but a few days ago, my Jailer put ME in the Tower handcuffs and Tower leg irons that are in the photographs I posted. She kept me locked up for around two and a half hours and made sure I would not go anywhere or have any chance of escape by locking a chain to the leg irons and a bed. I was in a striped prison uniform with an old piece of chain attached with antique padlocks, everything would have been about right for around the 1880's.
Nothing was uncomfortable, but I got a much better appreciation for the jewelry by being stuck in them for such a long time with no way of getting free.

this_girl
Chair Bound

Unread post by this_girl »

That may be a little off topic but sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Me, I live in an apartment so the sound of the chains dragging across the floor may upset the neighbours. Rope bondage is OK though.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Get a pair of leg warmers and slip them on the chain between the cuffs before locking them on your ankles.
They may still drag around on the floor but don't make any noticeable noise. We sometimes do this to protect the finish on the floors. Other times (usually), the middle of the chain for the leg irons is suspended by another chain attached to a waist chain. They still rattle but don't drag on the floor. Chain dog collars work pretty well for this purpose as does a piece of string or rope if you have nothing else handy.

By the way, this idea won't work well with the Tower leg irons because they make a pretty loud tinkling, ringing sound that sounds like rattling chains and it is very noticeable. The modern stuff generally isn't so loud.

this_girl
Chair Bound

Get a pair of leg warmers and slip them on the chain between the cuffs before locking them on your ankles.
They may still drag around on the floor but don't make any noticeable noise. We sometimes do this to protect the finish on the floors. Other times (usually), the middle of the chain for the leg irons is suspended by another chain attached to a waist chain. They still rattle but don't drag on the floor. Chain dog collars work pretty well for this purpose as does a piece of string or rope if you have nothing else handy.
Some good ideas. Thank you.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Now that you have a viable solution, your orders are to put on a pair of leg irons and keep them on for at least two hours.
Don't forget to double lock them and....
No cheating!
Please let us know how it worked and please supply confirmation with a photograph.
(Be sure to scrub any EXIF data before posting photograph.)

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote:I guess this may be off topic again, but a few days ago, my Jailer put ME in the Tower handcuffs and Tower leg irons that are in the photographs I posted. She kept me locked up for around two and a half hours and made sure I would not go anywhere or have any chance of escape by locking a chain to the leg irons and a bed
I spent two hours today locked in leg irons and manacles with a gag locked on, awesome ;)
Attachments
Amazing Jimdini .png
Amazing Jimdini .png (117.15 KiB) Viewed 64635 times
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Sounds like you had an enjoyable time!
Those don't look like standard issue police handcuffs or leg irons. What are they?
For me, handcuffs in back usually requires a Jailer to enforce the bondage because I usually find something that seems more urgent which is a good excuse to take them off. When the cuffs are on in front, I may last a while because I can usually find something to work on that can be done even while wearing toys.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

It is a self made combination, Integrated lock leg and wrist manacles, a waist chain and the manacle sets joined by a chain running through a ring on the back of the waist chain. :)

Once locked on I attach the keys to the wrist manacles to the waist chain with small padlocks and then have to wait for the key for these padlocks to be dropped into reach by an ice release. I am reasonably mobile (although stars present a challenge) but restricted to very short steps and very limited arm movement. Two hours is about my limit for this strict an imprisonment. :gag:

As I am mobile I could get out of the house in an emergency, but would suffer the embarrassment of having to do so in my skimpy briefs, chains and gag. :oops:
Attachments
Equipment a.jpg
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Very Nice Jimdini! That would be awesome 2 hours locked in them with no way out.

This morning this was my set up while walking around the house.. Black Latex suit ,Old Hardvard Leg Irons , with matching Hardvard Handcuffs with waist belt. I like the Hardvards in latex since they are black. And wearing my soft black ballet flats. I could stay like this all day.. but unfortunately I have things to do.
Attachments
thumbnail_20180110_094158.jpg
thumbnail_20180110_094158.jpg (26.85 KiB) Viewed 64363 times
thumbnail_20180110_094038.jpg
thumbnail_20180110_094038.jpg (27.09 KiB) Viewed 64363 times

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Jewelry by Harvard. Looks cool! I have a couple sets of those.
Some are in good shape. A couple are missing the pin in the center of the keyhole.
How well does that restraint belt work? I am looking for something like that.
I would never last very long in self bondage like that but
with a Jailer I have been like that for quite a few hours at a time.

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

The belt is a standard police belt for transport, put it on in the front and slide it around .. found it on ebay. I like being cuffed in front and unable to lift my bound hands.
Yea, one of my harvard cuffs has the pin missing in middle as well.. but still works fine.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Instead of a leather belt, we sometimes use a restraint chain with a Martin link.
Just plain handcuffs are not so secure in our house because there are so many keys floating around so I thought I would try a set of S&W Model 104 High Security handcuffs. The problem was that the little bushing that was added for the special key would not fit through the Martin link. Some slight bending of the link fixed that. There was not much room to work with because the Martin link still needs to fit through one of the other links in the chain to hold.
Unfortunately we have used that idea just once since I made the modification.

Your photographs are inspiring me to try out my own sets of Harvard restraints.

this_girl
Chair Bound

I am sorry if this is off topic but it is a similar constraint. Having read this topic, I made myself a hobble skirt out of an old pair of jeans. I don't post photographs of myself bur this was my inspiration:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139923040 ... /lightbox/

I wear it with a belt that I can lock (I leave the keys at home when I go out.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

this_girl wrote: I don't post photographs of myself....
Are these not photographs of you?
http://www.boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=102135

Nice pictures by the way.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Jimdini wrote:It is a self made combination, Integrated lock leg and wrist manacles, a waist chain and the manacle sets joined by a chain running through a ring on the back of the waist chain. :)
How did you join all the chains together to make that combination? Are those cuffs good quality?
I haven't had much luck with ordering things from China. It is pretty obvious that the people who are making the items don't think about how they will actually be used.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote:How did you join all the chains together to make that combination?
I use standard 'quick repair links' with the screw tightened up with pliers. So access to tools needed to separate them.
Stahlketten wrote:Are those cuffs good quality?
Adequate, the locking posts are just screws fixed into the steel but the locks need the key inserting to close them, so no chance of accidental locking. This means that I need to secure these keys to the waist chain with small padlocks and then wait for the keys to the padlocks to be released. This slows down the escape but as I remain mobile I can at least leave the house in an emergency.
Stahlketten wrote:I haven't had much luck with ordering things from China. It is pretty obvious that the people who are making the items don't think about how they will actually be used.
Yes, they don't give much thought. The cuffs only come in male and female sizes. I am only of medium build and the 'male' cuffs are a tight fit, if you have thicker wrists or ankles they are not going to fit! The barrels of the locks intrude into the cuffs meaning that there is very little 'play' when on and meaning they become very uncomfortable after an hour or so.