Custom Restraints

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Custom Restraints

Unread post by RAE123 »

By Forward, I meant in front of you. If the person is some what comfortable, there will less
winning, and hence can be left in the restraint for extended periods of time.
You want the person restrained like forever with out a lot of crying.
That is why a comforts are great thing, just think how long you can leave them restrained. ;)
Rae

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

best bondage I ever experienced was a pole tie. my hands and arms at the side of the post and my back to it. Wish I had measured the length of rope because it might have been a world record. anyway, with that much rope no strand was too tight and yet I could not move a millimeter. Comfortable, yet completely bound. I think I was in it for over an hour and did not want out, but my gf had different ideas.
So, comfort is definitely important.
dSteve

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

RAE123 wrote: You want the person restrained like forever with out a lot of crying.
That is why a comforts are great thing, just think how long you can leave them restrained.
You do need a bit of mobility in your prisoner or they may get sore joints after a couple hours.
Without somewhat mobile hands, you would have to help them eat and drink and maybe even take bathroom breaks.
I was thinking that a nice rounded set of cuffs with a reasonably secure lock set would work pretty well but have not found anything that meets all the "requirements" yet which was the reason for starting this thread.
With wooden stocks, even a set just for the ankles gets quite uncomfortable after a couple hours.

lockedup4eva
Chair Bound

Unread post by lockedup4eva »

Stahlketten wrote:
RAE123 wrote: You want the person restrained like forever with out a lot of crying.
That is why a comforts are great thing, just think how long you can leave them restrained.
You do need a bit of mobility in your prisoner or they may get sore joints after a couple hours.
Without somewhat mobile hands, you would have to help them eat and drink and maybe even take bathroom breaks.
I was thinking that a nice rounded set of cuffs with a reasonably secure lock set would work pretty well but have not found anything that meets all the "requirements" yet which was the reason for starting this thread.
With wooden stocks, even a set just for the ankles gets quite uncomfortable after a couple hours.
Oooooh "restrained like forever", a line that gets me going, fantasy-wise anyway! Really though without made to measure steel cuffs for your sub the longterm bondage has to be broken for the reasons you state above :-(
Please mistress, lock me up and take the keys....

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Steel cuffs hardly need to be made to measurements of the prisoner to be comfortable.
Well made Darby style cuffs and a few others are nice and round and don't even leave marks.
I would want a set or two or three of custom restraints just because of the aesthetic appeal and to address other shortcomings in appearance, security and durability. I am picky and like my toys to be comfortable, secure and indestructible and so far have never found anything that satisfies.

Mully
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Mully »

Saltmist wrote:
RAE123 wrote:I like making toys out of Wood, Yes Wood.
There is nothing like having your head locked in a padded wooden box,
attached to a wooden neck and wrist stock, while standing in an ankle stock.
Lots of fun, and no one can here you scream.
Rae
Wood ? Well it's really interesting ! i never see bdsm/bondage stuff like restraints made of wood. I'm curious now :)
I make things from wood also as I have a cnc machine so its fairly simple to try out different things.
Like at the moment Im working on a totally modular wrist/ankle/stocks/spanking bench/teasing/shrews fiddle/etc set up.
The wrist shackles were a tiny bit too tight for the missus but its easy enough to recut them with slightly larger holes.
The ankle ones work great as I did them slightly further apart than she thought comfortable.
Im looking forward to holidays next month so I can finish the rest of the parts and give them a test run. :shock:
Ill post some pics when Im done in a few weeks if interested.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

interested here

BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Unread post by BoundCharlotte »

I'm currently working on a steel box that fits my body perfectly. I'm working on a accurate enough 3d scan so i can 3d print it. basically like a sarcophagus that fits perfectly tight so no movement is possible. 3D printing is the next level in custom restraints.

Currently i have custom sided cuffs that lock with built in electromagnets controlled by Bluetooth. They took a lot of time to build, but they make a seemless metal band around me with no lock hasp but cant be removed. Problem is they need to be charged every 2 days so not great for long term wear.

I also have a custom chastity belt that has Bluetooth activated vibrators and anal plugs (they can shock to). It also has a small tank to hold waste so i can be bound for longer sessions without needing toilet and without waste being on my skin. It senses heart rate and has a acceliromitor to aid in edging.

I have a chastity bra that has built in breast pump. (i produce milk) It pumps it into storage in the bands and can keep it cold until the end of the work day. It also will pinch my nipples if the outer metal nipple is pinched. Currently batteries need to be change daily but it can be plugged in without taking it off.

All of this was made with 3d scanning and 3d metal printing. The electronics were added partway through the print process.

Yes I'm an engineer lol.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

3D Metal printing sounds interesting.
What kinds of alloys can you print? Is it feasible to print a pair of custom handcuffs or a lock?
How does the strength of the resulting part compare with a traditional manufacturing process?

BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Stahlketten wrote:3D Metal printing sounds interesting.
What kinds of alloys can you print? Is it feasible to print a pair of custom handcuffs or a lock?
How does the strength of the resulting part compare with a traditional manufacturing process?
We can print almost any kind of metal but things like melting point and heat capacity will determine how long it takes. When printing something like a handcuff the hinges and lock components will need to be assembled separately but all the components can be printed. In many cases I print halfway and insert a Bluetooth controlled electromagnet to be used for the locking mechanism. After than I finish the print job over the components. The battery door would be assembled afterwards and manually assembled. The time required to print it varies by the type of metal but it would generally take about 10 hours to print all the components for a wrist cuff in precise mode. I normally print a Proto type in plastic this only takes a few hours. The alloy I use is a trade secret but many other metals would have similar affect. The strength of a 3-D printed object is comparable providing the printer can handle the material correctly and is set to the proper heat. Either way you would not be able to get out of any 3-D printed restraint I make.

Mully
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Mully »

The first bits are done. These are only prototypes in MDF as Im planning on making the final versions in nice marine ply.
Ive still got to do the bits for turning the wrist shankles into a shrews fiddle and the others bits for turning the whole lot into a spanking stockade.
All the parts are attachable and reversible and lockable with a 6mm shank padlock.
These bits as you can see can either be used as wirst shakles, ankle cuffs, spreaders, and hog tie.
DSCI0123.JPG

BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Mully wrote:The first bits are done. These are only prototypes in MDF as Im planning on making the final versions in nice marine ply.
Ive still got to do the bits for turning the wrist shankles into a shrews fiddle and the others bits for turning the whole lot into a spanking stockade.
All the parts are attachable and reversible and lockable with a 6mm shank padlock.
These bits as you can see can either be used as wirst shakles, ankle cuffs, spreaders, and hog tie.
DSCI0123.JPG
Is be concerned about the hinges breaking if struggled against violently.

Mully
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Mully »

The final version ones will be marine ply which is made from hardwood so they would be *really* hard to break.
I could cut them out of thicker ply or acrylic even. Clear or a coloured acrylic might be good.
The hinge side Im using M6 furniture bolts for a flush fit and Ill locktite them at the right thightness for a wobbly free hinge.
The padlock side it meant for a padlock that has a 6mm shank which fits into the hole which I machined at 6.25mm so theres very very little slop in either the hinge or the lock side.
One thing I did work out from this prototype is I have to put a little less clearance on the sides where the hinge and lock goes and round off the outer corner a little so they open up just a little further.
Once the other bits are done Id be happy machine and post a marine ply set in a custom size for the cost of postage and materials.
Will pop up a few more pics when Ive done the rest next week.