Best Blindfold?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Ballgag-me
Unfettered Newbie

Best Blindfold?

Unread post by Ballgag-me »

What is the best blindfold I can get? My wife and I have a blindfold but it keeps needing to be adjusted during a session to make sure it’s securely blocking light. Is there any blindfolds I can get which are more secure?

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: Best Blindfold?

Unread post by Petrajane »

A scarf! :lol:

this_girl
Chair Bound

Unread post by this_girl »

Duct tape. Then you don't need to pluck your eyebrows. :idea:

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Duct tape will definitely work! :D

But assuming you don't wish to remove your eyebrows, a scarf or cloth is a great choice for a custom fit blindfold. Dark shades, especially black are best if light blocking is important. If it's wide enough to just cover the tip of the nose leaving the nostrils free, you shouldn't be able to see out from under it.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

Swim goggles...
Then just black paint every thing...

Want hi-tech... How about the VR goggles for smart phones...
Then the wearer can be forced to watch something else preventing them from seeing what is coming...
Like a bondage movie or video, and the other person, watching another screen acts out the video...
Or, how about a camera recording the events, but played with a 2 or 3 second delay...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

vintageaman
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by vintageaman »

Cotton wool pads and bandage works a treat.
vlcsnap-2013-07-12-17h25m24s208.png
vlcsnap-2013-07-12-17h25m24s208.png (207.46 KiB) Viewed 12345 times

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

The question is whether the blindfold is just so the wearer can't see what you're about to do to them or for total isolation.

A hood is good as it can't be rubbed off, can even be locked so even with hands free the wearer can't remove it. It doesn't have to be heavy or cover the mouth but a good fit round the nose helps to block out light.

this_girl
Chair Bound

Unread post by this_girl »

SergioUK wrote:The question is whether the blindfold is just so the wearer can't see what you're about to do to them or for total isolation.

A hood is good as it can't be rubbed off, can even be locked so even with hands free the wearer can't remove it. It doesn't have to be heavy or cover the mouth but a good fit round the nose helps to block out light.
Hoods are good but they can be expensive. However, there are hoods that provide full or partial sensory deprivation but still allow access to the mouth.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

Good hoods can certainly be expensive. My first was from Fetters back in the early 1990s and probably cost over £100, but in the last couple of years I bought an excellent sensory deprivation hood for £60 on Ebay. Nowadays you can find plenty of basic hoods on Ebay/Amazon/AliExpress/DHGate/etc from about £10 upwards. In general you get what you pay for but the feedback can tell you a lot.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

A very simple and inexpensive spandex hood that includes a blindfold can be found on eBay for $10 or less.
It won't eliminate all light but light and dark is about all you can see and there are no issues with breathing.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Options as I see it:
  • Hoods; with mouth hole, for example this (not a great design, IMAO, I'm sure there are better ones out there).
  • Regular blindfold in conjunction with a hood with eye and mouth holes.
  • Large blindfolds, especially ones that sit on the face, e.g. the Mindfold. I've often found large blindfolds like that can be still dislodged upwards by moving the cheeks and nose.
  • Blindfolds that go below the nose, e.g. this.
  • I made a quite effective blindfold that stays put out of a pair of close-fitting mirrored sunglasses, blacked out on the inside, with a foam inserts carved to surround the eye socket. An elastic strap keeps it in place. Since it seats in the eye socket, it stays put, and no amount of contorting the face will shift it. Can also be used for public blindfolding (comb hair over the strap).
  • I've also made a couple of fairly effective blindfold harnesses, with overhead and under-chin straps to keep them in place. One is made from heavy leather (padded inside) and locks.
  • There are several blind-fold-and-gag harnesses available from the usual suspects (e.g. this and this, if you don't mind not being able to remove the gag.
What works will depend on what you're trying to do, how secure it needs to be, how the blindee's face is structured, whether they can scrape a strap off the back of their head, or whether they can move their face around enough to dislodge it and so-on.

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

Check out the hoods at winterfetish.com
dSteve

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

Spandex hoods with a sewn in blindfold.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

I have even see denim, like from blue jeans, used...
Just cut a bridge for the nose, or a triangle for the nose, and add tie straps for behind the head...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...