In need of blindfold advice

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Bound_and_Determined
Unfettered Newbie

In need of blindfold advice

Unread post by Bound_and_Determined »

Has anyone anywhere developed a blindfold that works for people with a very long nose, not including an expensive hood? I’ve tried several but the only ones that really work so far cover the whole face. Any advice?
Only when I am trapped do I feel free.

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Re: In need of blindfold advice

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

Thinking along the lines of a "regular" blindfold, covers the eyes only, why does the length of your nose matter?

It's the bridge area design/fitment that seems to matter most, imo, for effectively blocking out all light.

I don't have any good suggestions sorry. I've only had a few cheap ones, latex and other materials, nothing to brag
home about. Also made a few myself(latex), not that hard.

- d.g
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

the best thing I have found is a set of swinimg goggles.the small ones.paint them black and you cant see through them and they are hard to get off,if they are good ones.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

tiemeupalso wrote:the best thing I have found is a set of swinimg goggles.the small ones.paint them black and you cant see through them and they are hard to get off,if they are good ones.
+1. Also did this to a pair of cheap motorcycle glasses.

Rachelnut
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Rachelnut »

Thank you for your advice It is very useful. It helped me a lot.

locked4her55
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by locked4her55 »

tiemeupalso wrote:the best thing I have found is a set of swinimg goggles.the small ones.paint them black and you cant see through them and they are hard to get off,if they are good ones.
Great suggestion.

Have tried several types of blindfolds. Even making some of my own modifications to what I have purchased to be more secure and to completely block out all light. I have never been happy with the results until I took your suggestion and purchased a $10.00 pair of US Divers Swim Goggles at Walmart. It took several coats of black paint but I have finally achieved total darkness and with the way they fit I cannot shake them off or even rub them off (if that was an option available to me).

They are also very comfortable to wear for long term and their is nothing pressing on my eyelids.

Who knew. Thanks again for your post.
Happily Locked in a chastity device serving my Princess since 2010

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

youre welcome.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Yeah, I've been on the search for the "perfect" blindfold for a while. I too have a fairly prominent proboscis, and seeing down past my nose and/or having the blindfold slide up my forehead are perennial problem.

I'm yet to find a commercial one that solves this.

Home-brews that do work include:
  • A leather head-harness blindfold. This has straps overhead, around the head above the ears, and down, crossing under the chin, all coming together in a rather complex five-way locking buckle. The eye cover is thick leather, padded around it, with extra padding around the sides of the nose. The buckle is a bit awkward (made from wire and PCL).
  • A similar harness to the above, but using elastic straps rather than buckled leather. Same basic concept - strap the thing to the whole head so it doesn't move around too much, and accommodates facial movements.
  • a pair of wrap-around mirror sunglasses, blacked out with black duct tape (the mirror finish means you cant see this from outside). Soft black packing foam is glued on the inside and carved to fill the space between the sunglasses and the eye socket, in such a way that it's not immediately visible (the sunglasses are fairly close-fitting). The foam is hollowed out over the eyeball, so you can open your eyes comfortably. The foam isn't completely opaque, but it prevents useful sight. An elastic band over the ends of the arms of the glasses keeps it in place. Puts a bit of pressure around the eye socket, but since it sits in the eye socket and not over the cheeks and forehead, it stays put. This is essentially the same approach as using blacked-out swim goggles.
Thing's I've tried that didn't really work:
  • taking regular sleep masks or blindfolds and reinforcing the nose area to block light from there;
  • using a larger blindfold to cover more of the upper face, tend to ride up.
  • Blindfold that cover down to the lower lip (with a nose hole) - not bad but not perfect; as it tries to ride up it tends to irritate the nose, and light still leaks in.
  • smaller blindfolds to fit close into the eye sockets relying on the bridge of the nose to keep them from riding up - if they're tight enough to stay in place, they pressure the eyeball.

this_girl
Chair Bound

Unread post by this_girl »

I have also been thinking about a good blindfold that does not interfere with with bondage or other games. I recalled an idea, which someone suggested, of using opaque contact lenses. As I was not sure that such things existed, I Googled "blindfold contact lenses" and was surprised at the variation available.

They are very effective, comfortable and can be worn for hours at a time (I wear my normal contact lenses for 14 or 15 hours every day). As they don't obscure any part of your face, your master or mistress can judge your reactions to his or her ministrations.

Gwendie
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Gwendie »

Sulfur
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Sulfur »

I am in the process of blacking out some tanning goggles, they are comfortable to wear for up to 15 min so maybe an hour or so won’t be bad, plus they are small and stay out of the way and the best part is they are only about $5 :)

Sulfur
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Sulfur »

Tried this out with the GF and it worked good. I used some black duct tape on the outside to cover the lenses as I was afraid that if I placed the tape on the inside it might get caught up in her eye lashes by accident. I will use some dark paint to permanently black them out from the inside.

SubmissiveAmy
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by SubmissiveAmy »

Just duct tape the eyes shut
Feel free to message me on here.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

We bought a pair of punk looking motorcycle goggles and painted the insides black. Im forced to wear them for comfortably for hours at a time.

The only issue we haven't been able to resolve is to lock them in place somehow. The only thing that works like this is a hood but my owner doesn't like the "gimp look"

mizzle
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by mizzle »

I think I have something that works well. I layer a blindfold from hottbonds on top of a workout sweatband (black). its comfy, secure and won’t let an ounce of light in.