Requirements

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Requirements

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Which factors are most important for self bondage or bondage in general?
Is it the inability to escape? For self bondage, at some point there is the need to be able to get free without help.
How secure do the restraints need to be to satisfy? What if the key is just laying next to you?
Is it the sensation of restricted movements? Is it stimulating to be chained to one place even if you were going to be there anyway?
Is it the feeling of not being able to remove your restraints even if they do not restrict any activities? Locking bracelets or anklets?
Is it a feeling of constriction or pressure from restraints?

My self bondage tends to be with authentic restraints but with a key in easy reach. The sensation of being unable to break free is important, but I also get bored pretty fast so unless there is something else going on like a video, the toys don't stay on very long.
For me to stay in bondage normally requires some kind of other distraction or a Jailer to prevent escape.

Have you all noticed any common patterns or preferences?

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Requirements

Unread post by RAE123 »

I some times (Like Now) put on a set of steel cuffs lined with rubber; and connect them with
a 12" chain. Just some thing to feel restrained, but not to heavy.
This way I can still type on the Computer.
Rae

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

The main things for me are not being able to escape (although I do want to be able to struggle & wriggle & try to get free), and not knowing how long I'll be tied. There's also a massive love of being effectively gagged.
None of those work well with self-bondage, unfortunately.
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

i can do just about anything and still be restrained and not be able to get out.
I do it with chains and locks and the leys put away in a lock box I don't have the combo for.
there are several programs that will keep the combo to the box on line.
I also sometimes lock a long chain to something stationary where I cant det out the front door either.
if I am outside I will take my computer with me and hope the keys are available before the battery runs down.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Inability to escape.
The sensation of restricted movements.

I tend to go for steel restraints (Handcuffs, Manacles, etc.) with the keys close by but needing me to make my way to the release.
Sometimes leather restraints or rope.
Usually ball gagged (occasionally tape or scolds bridle) and occasionally a hood.
I want it to be escape proof without access to the release.
Sometimes I go for a timed release so that I have to wait helpless for my keys (with back ups for emergencies) after all it is not bondage unless you want out.
If my human back up is agreeable I will very occasionally be secured so that even if I can get to the release, there is no way I can use them and am stuck until my friend releases me (if my back up does not free me I would have to go outside bound looking for help!).
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Common Themes

It seems like we have a requirements going from very simple and casual to very very elaborate.
My own preferences tend to be very much on the simple side.
We do all seem to have some common preferences though: It seems like we all prefer to use locking restraints of some kind that require a key for release. Rope doesn't seem to be sufficient. Rope bondage doesn't even appeal to me.

RAE_123,
Do you also use leg irons or just handcuffs? I have tried pretty similar ideas and sometimes I leave the keys in another part of the house. They are accessible but just not nearby. On occasion, it has gotten interesting when there is a knock on the door and there is no way to get to the keys without making a great deal of noise or passing in front of a window that can be seen from the front of the house. It must be just my luck, but no one seems to come by when the keys are close by.

Angel_UK,
Does using an ice cube release work well enough to keep the keys inaccessible? If ice cube releases work, then using a bunch of opaque vitamin or pill bottles filled with varying amounts of water would add a bit of unpredictability to the length of bondage.

Tiemeupalso,
What happens if your battery runs out before you have gotten the code you need to release yourself? Is there another backup release method?

Jimdini,
It seems to me that yours is the ideal setup. It is basically assisted self bondage with someone else as a backup.
It also sounds like your bondage ideas are the most elaborate of the bunch of us who posted here.

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

Ice release does sort of work, but I've never really gone in for it (and I couldn't really say why)

In response to part of your summary, I actually quite like rope bondage, it just works so much better when somebody else is tying the knots :)
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Common Themes

Tiemeupalso,
What happens if your battery runs out before you have gotten the code you need to release yourself? Is there another backup release method?

there is a key outside that is buried in the ground.i would have to dig it up with my cuffed hands to get to it,if I could find it.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

Stahlketten wrote:Which factors are most important for self bondage or bondage in general?
Is it the inability to escape? For self bondage, at some point there is the need to be able to get free without help.
The inability to escape is intoxicating for me. Obviously, self-bondage requires a release, but I've never been brave enough to make it completely inescapable, until I get to me release mechanism.
Stahlketten wrote:How secure do the restraints need to be to satisfy?
The tighter, and more thorough and restricting, the better I like it. A tight, silencing gag is always a must, but that can be dangerous alone.
Stahlketten wrote:What if the key is just laying next to you?
This is my usual method, when I'm using my leather cuffs.
Stahlketten wrote:Is it the sensation of restricted movements?
Very much yes.
Stahlketten wrote:Is it stimulating to be chained to one place even if you were going to be there anyway?
It can be.
Stahlketten wrote:Is it the feeling of not being able to remove your restraints even if they do not restrict any activities?
If I am not restricted, I don't usually enjoy it, unless a locking gag is involved. The less restricted I am, the less I enjoy it, overall.
Stahlketten wrote:Locking bracelets or anklets?
I will use leather cuffs that lock, but I had a horrible experience while playing with metal handcuffs, in my youth. It very much soured my taste for them.
Stahlketten wrote:Is it a feeling of constriction or pressure from restraints?
Again, very much yes.

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

I need to be rendered totally helpless. Of course, that can't actually be the case but as close as possible is the goal.
My escape method cannot be easy to reach. Waiting for an ice timer doesn't work for me either.
I also have to be crossdressed. I view myself as a damsel in distress when bound. A lot of the excitement is gone if I'm not crossdressed. I usually wear dress, pantyhose and heels.
Heavy gagging is important. You're not really helpless if you can call for help.

A typical session for me involves the following:
- appropriate attire
- ropes tying my feet, ankles, calves, below the knees, above the knees, thighs, wrists, waist and chest
- ballgag with duct tape over and bandage wrap over that
- blindfold and sometimes I'll add a hood
- vibrating bullet on my balls

Sometimes I'll be hogtied, sometimes I'll be hobbled with a short rope bar around my ankles (and calves not tied).

I restrict my movement further by taping 2 50lbs barbell plates together, wrapping them in a towel and attaching them to my ankles (if I'm hobbled) or knees (if I'm hogtied). It makes moving around much more difficult as I have to drag this around with me while hobbling or slithering.

The scenario will involve me making a trek through the house to get a key that opens a lockbox in another part of the house that contains my actual escape method which can be a knife, a metal file if I'm feeling the need to be extra frustrated by having to saw through the ropes or keys if I happen to use leather cuffs. I will sometimes put pieces of furniture in the way to make the route longer. I have also used multiple lockboxes (all with different keys to open) to extend the session.

On occasional I have also strapped a Hitachi wand in place instead of the bullet and used a very long extension cord (heavily wrapped in tape where they connect) and bolted into place at the power outlet (to keep me from unplugging it). I don't do this often because the third time I did this, I burned it out as the session took 4 hours or so and I think it died at the 3 hour mark and was very warm to boot even though it was on the lower setting. They're too expensive to burn them out on a regular basis.

Depending on how elaborate I choose to make this scenario, it can take anywhere from 2 hours to 8 hours to get free.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

vm1971 wrote:I need to be rendered totally helpless.

I restrict my movement further by taping 2 50lbs barbell plates together, wrapping them in a towel and attaching them to my ankles (if I'm hobbled) or knees (if I'm hogtied). It makes moving around much more difficult as I have to drag this around with me while hobbling or slithering.
This sounds totally amazing. 100 pounds? You must be in REALLY good shape, if you do this on the regular. :) Have you ever had an issue? It sounds risky. It sounds like something I would love to try, but I'd be too chicken.

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

boundBinder wrote:
vm1971 wrote:I need to be rendered totally helpless.

This sounds totally amazing. 100 pounds? You must be in REALLY good shape, if you do this on the regular. :) Have you ever had an issue? It sounds risky. It sounds like something I would love to try, but I'd be too chicken.
I'm not in great shape or anything... I'm not terrible either. Dragging 100 lbs like this only sounds harder than it actually is. With a short rope bar, you're movement is still measured in inches. You just need to use a little more muscle to do it. Slithering is proportionately easier than hobbling with the extra weight because you're using the strength of your whole torso to move as opposed to your calves on off-balance high-heeled feet.

I have tried this with a 3rd 50lbs plate... Still doable while hogtied, much more difficult hobbled as it's pretty much at my weight limit. The stack still moves with me but it's VERY slow...as if it weren't already VERY slow. :)

The only things I've contemplated as potential problems is the pile getting snagged on something but I like to think I'm very careful of that. If I were to pull a muscle, that could be problematic but I can also just drop to the ground and slither... I do have it setup so I have to be standing to get the key so I could slither on the ground, then have to work my way back up to my feet.

But the biggest risk is my wife coming along and adding 3 more plates to the pile, and/or tying my elbows together (they don't touch but escape is extremely difficult even with a knife), and/or rearranging all the furniture, and/or moving the key and/or lockbox to a different room, and/or throwing into the trunk of the car etc etc...

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

vm1971 wrote:But the biggest risk is my wife coming along and adding 3 more plates to the pile, and/or tying my elbows together (they don't touch but escape is extremely difficult even with a knife), and/or rearranging all the furniture, and/or moving the key and/or lockbox to a different room, and/or throwing into the trunk of the car etc etc...
Your wife is there when you tie yourself up, AND she plays/messes with you while you're doing it? That's awesome! How do you get your hands tied, securely?

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

damn,i need to borrow your wife

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

tiemeupalso wrote:damn,i need to borrow your wife
I need to ask mine if we can play a similar game. :)

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

boundBinder wrote:Your wife is there when you tie yourself up, AND she plays/messes with you while you're doing it? That's awesome! How do you get your hands tied, securely?
My wife isn't always there...but if she is, or walks in on me, I will generally get further punished/pleasured/frustrated...

As for the wrists, I have a few methods...

With these 2 methods, the last 12 inches of the rope is soaked in water.
1. I start with a wrist-coil with about 3 feet of extra length for the cinch. My fingers are pretty nimble so after swinging the cinch rope around several times, I'm able to tie knots. I can only do this if I tie my hands palms-facing (which is my preferred anyways). I tie a lot of knots... as tight as I can until I'm out of slack.
2. Ring device with cinch-noose. If I'm hobbling, the ring device will be anchored to the back of my knee ropes. Hogtied, back of ankle-ropes. With the leftover rope, I just tie knots...a lot of knots... as tight as I can... Wet knots are very difficult to untie.

3. Wrist-coil + zap strap cinch. Should be pretty self-explanatory.

I suppose with the first 2 methods it would be possible to untie myself...eventually... but my mind doesn't consider this possibility in the moment.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

vm1971 wrote: 1. I start with a wrist-coil with about 3 feet of extra length for the cinch. My fingers are pretty nimble so after swinging the cinch rope around several times, I'm able to tie knots. I can only do this if I tie my hands palms-facing (which is my preferred anyways). I tie a lot of knots... as tight as I can until I'm out of slack.
2. Ring device with cinch-noose. If I'm hobbling, the ring device will be anchored to the back of my knee ropes. Hogtied, back of ankle-ropes. With the leftover rope, I just tie knots...a lot of knots... as tight as I can... Wet knots are very difficult to untie.

3. Wrist-coil + zap strap cinch. Should be pretty self-explanatory.
I've never used methods 1 and 2, and I'm not really sure what method 2 is. I HAVE used your third method though, and struggled across the room to get to a pair of wire cutters to cut the ziptie. Every "click" of that ziptie tightening is thrilling, to say the least. Don't you agree? :)

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

boundBinder wrote:I've never used methods 1 and 2, and I'm not really sure what method 2 is. I HAVE used your third method though, and struggled across the room to get to a pair of wire cutters to cut the ziptie. Every "click" of that ziptie tightening is thrilling, to say the least. Don't you agree? :)
ringdevice.jpg
ringdevice.jpg (13.49 KiB) Viewed 21955 times
This is a ring device. The rope leading to your wrists has a cinch noose. Use it to tighten everything up. With whatever finger movement you still have, tie a bunch of knots to ensure the ring device doesn't accidentally release. (It generally won't unless you fiddle with it with your fingers).

Alternatively, if you're careful, you can attach the ring device to the front of your knee ropes, thread it through the ankle ropes and prevent finger access altogether. You still tie a bunch of knots to get rid of all the leftover rope and prevent any slippage of the ring device.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

vm1971 wrote:But the biggest risk is my wife coming along and adding 3 more plates to the pile, and/or tying my elbows together (they don't touch but escape is extremely difficult even with a knife), and/or rearranging all the furniture, and/or moving the key and/or lockbox to a different room, and/or throwing into the trunk of the car etc etc...
Hi vm1971,
Your "Biggest Risk" sounds like the kind of thing that most of us HOPE would happen. Sounds like your wife has a deliciously evil mind and likes getting involved.

I am quite amazed at how many people here use rope for self bondage. I would have thought it to be very difficult to get into a (temporarily) inescapable position with just rope. In comparison my own preferences seem very tame; I like cuffs to be pretty loose as possible as long as they cannot be removed without being unlocked. I could have said "cannot be removed without the key", but the toys I use the most these days have a "Hamburg-8" style lock which actually can be opened pretty easily without the correct keys.
There are some other Hamburg-8 style handcuffs that are very difficult to remove without assistance but I don't use those much because they are so uncomfortable.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Stahlketten wrote:I am quite amazed at how many people here use rope for self bondage. I would have thought it to be very difficult to get into a (temporarily) inescapable position with just rope. In comparison my own preferences seem very tame; I like cuffs to be pretty loose as possible as long as they cannot be removed without being unlocked. I could have said "cannot be removed without the key", but the toys I use the most these days have a "Hamburg-8" style lock which actually can be opened pretty easily without the correct keys.
There are some other Hamburg-8 style handcuffs that are very difficult to remove without assistance but I don't use those much because they are so uncomfortable.
I feel like the reasons for this are because most of us "grew up on rope", playing self-bondage games with it as kids. I mean, what household doesn't have rope(or at least rope-like material) around at one time, or another? Secondly, rope is cheap, and can be cut, in an emergency. Handcuffs are expensive, and if something goes wrong, realistically, cutting yourself free is never an option. Finally, rope is a relatively innocuous purchase that can be made any nearly any general goods store, and most grocery stores. If you're buying handcuffs, there is only ONE reason you are doing so--to restrain someone.

Plus, some folks simply don't like metal cuffs.