Requirements

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
vm1971
Chair Bound

Re: Requirements

Unread post by vm1971 »

Stahlketten wrote:Hi vm1971,
Your "Biggest Risk" sounds like the kind of thing that most of us HOPE would happen. Sounds like your wife has a deliciously evil mind and likes getting involved.

I am quite amazed at how many people here use rope for self bondage. I would have thought it to be very difficult to get into a (temporarily) inescapable position with just rope. In comparison my own preferences seem very tame; I like cuffs to be pretty loose as possible as long as they cannot be removed without being unlocked. I could have said "cannot be removed without the key", but the toys I use the most these days have a "Hamburg-8" style lock which actually can be opened pretty easily without the correct keys.
There are some other Hamburg-8 style handcuffs that are very difficult to remove without assistance but I don't use those much because they are so uncomfortable.
I prefer rope because of the whole damsel-in-distress thing. To me, it just looks so much nicer than other bondage gear.

Rope is very time consuming in order to do it justice. Rope is also difficult to get "just right" for obvious reasons as I can never do elbows and torso the way I would like. If I were to choose to tie myself in tightest possible fashion with no regards to escape, it would also be very uncomfortable as the cinching would be way tighter and would certainly cut off circulation. The key to playing with rope is for it to be tight enough to be very difficult to escape from yet comfortable enough to tolerate for hours. Despite all this, rope gives me the greatest feeling of helplessness and that's what I'm looking for.

I've been playing at self-bondage for 40 years so I've figured out what works and doesn't work for me and what all of my tolerances for everything are.

I think I rate pretty high on the nutty scale when it comes to bondage because some of the things I do would get other people in very bad predicaments but nothing short of maximum constriction will make me happy.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

We actually never had much rope around the house. What we did have was the heavy stuff which is useful for pulling up tree stumps but way too thick and abrasive (and dirty) to use for games. The thinner stuff was plastic core or braided plastic and would not work well either. Lengths of chain with padlocks for bicycles were not hard to find though.
The problem with rope was that it was either very secure which takes some knowledge to do and it wasn't something that could be done without a lot of help. The alternative was basically just decorations which didn't really do anything.
I also found out pretty early that handcuffs could be bought very cheaply at novelty stores. The quality wasn't so good, but they could be reworked to be reasonably secure. A couple sets lasted for years.

I never quite got the association between rope bondage and the damsel in distress thing. The only media I was exposed to at the time was broadcast television. Inescapable bondage in metal was always a lot more appealing to me.

Even these days, we don't normally use rope. It does look nice if done well, but it also takes a very long time to do things.
Maybe we should experiment some more. Have any of you used paracord for bondage? We have a fair amount laying around left over from a project. How did it work compared to other kinds of rope?

restricted
Forever Mummified

Unread post by restricted »

Well, tonight I'm using three locks. Two will have the keys on the table in front of me where I can see them but not reach. The third lock will have the key encased in ice which ,means for three hours I am stuck. I'm wearing a male t shirt in case anyone goes into their garden but will be in a short skirt and knickers. The chain will be around my ankle so I'm stuck sitting on my bench.

At ten I will light a lamp that lasts four hours so I can see the keys on the table. I hope it doesn't rain or turn cold so the ice doesn't melt. :lol:
I used to be weird and kinky. But then I joined Bound Forum and became normal.

restricted
Forever Mummified

Unread post by restricted »

Result of test run. Failure. It must have been warmer as the ice melted in 30 minutes. But it did make me realise that either I have to chain my legs together so I can't move or chain my legs to the opposite ends of the bench legs.
:(
I used to be weird and kinky. But then I joined Bound Forum and became normal.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

There are a few factors that are important for me during self-bondage, or bondage in general. The first is helplessness. If I can escape from the session early, then I am not truly helpless. Over the years, I came up with many ways to do this. Some worked, some didn’t. A key is having a primary method and a backup method, neither of which can be overridden. I’ve found three methods that work pretty well for this;
* • Light – The keys to set me free are locked with a combination lock. Once secured the room is dark, and a timed light will come on at some point, allowing me to see the lock. Backup is daylight will come.
* • Ice – Release timing is not real predictable, as many factors change it, but it is easy to have a backup plan. Second ice block.
* • Magnet Door Lock – This is my favorite. Using a magnetic door lock, I have come up with many scenarios where I am not getting loose until the smart outlet turns off at a certain time, or the mechanical timer turns off the power.

The second important factor for me is discomfort. That’s not saying it has to be painful, although it may become painful, but this is bondage, not relaxing time. One of my favorites is a simple one. Legs restrained either locked together or locked to a spreader bar, then secure my wrists with handcuffs. The handcuffs are connected to the metal plate that is attached to the magnetic door lock. Not so bad, at first but after an hour or so, those high heeled pumps are making the feet hurt, the legs want to be able to move, let’s not forget the gag stretching the mouth, and of course the arms being over the head.

That brings me to my last important factor, which is being dressed. In my bondage, I’m always crossdressed. It’s like my bondage is a punishment for enjoying women’s clothing so much.

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by JaniceNoyb »

My two biggest requirements for bondage are being dressed in girl's clothes and being securely gagged. For self bondage, I use the melting ice release to hold the keys out of reach. Usually handcuffs behind my back, maybe ankle hobbles, too.