Long Chain Handcuffs

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Long Chain Handcuffs

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I have several pairs of handcuffs by my computer and have found that although I put them on occasionally, I can never keep them on for more than a few minutes because they interfere so much with getting anything done. I also have a few pairs of handcuffs / shackles with longer chains but none of them seem to be quite the right size to be a nice reminder and yet not too long or too short to be annoying. What is the perfect length for something that can be worn indefinitely without interfering much with most activities?

For leg irons, it seems that the typical chain length of 14-15 inches seems about right to be a good reminder but still allow enough mobility to climb stairs and not hurt. A little longer also works there.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Re: Long Chain Handcuffs

Unread post by lotharj »

I'm kept in cuffs almost all the time I'm home. It consists of leather wrist cuffs locked with 8 inches and ankle cuffs locked with 18 inches (I'm tall and have a bigger stride)

Lately I'm also made to wear a 4 ft chain that connects my wrist chain to my ankle chain. That makes things interesting as it keeps my hands down when standing, but to reach higher I stand on one leg and use one hand to get things out of the fridge top shelves.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

That sounds interesting, not sure if I could manage like that. We've discussed that kind of thing but I'm to used to my full autonomy, maybe could try it at first with some longer chains and shorten them over time if it's comfortable enough.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

To stay in my relationship I don't have much of a choice other than to wear them all the time. I'm told it helps my owner secure me easier at anytime (I'm usually locked to something at all times too) and hopefully reminds me that I am owned and to be obedient.

What is interesting though is that when I leave home and they are removed I find myself subconsciously taking smaller stride steps for a while after. It actually feels strange to have the freedom of stride and use of my arms to full capacity.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Tesgri wrote:That sounds interesting, not sure if I could manage like that. We've discussed that kind of thing but I'm to used to my full autonomy, maybe could try it at first with some longer chains and shorten them over time if it's comfortable enough.
If the chain between handcuffs gets to be around 15 inches or so, it doesn't really prevent much of anything but the fact that you as the prisoner do not have the key and can't remove them is a nice reminder of your status.
This length of chain is a bit too long if you are playing with your partner and she wants you helpless though.
I have had custom shackles made that have a chain of about 15 inches between the ankle cuffs and about 11 inches between the wrist cuffs. As usual, there were other unforeseen issues that made them a bit uncomfortable though.
The point of being locked in these kinds of restraints is that you have to learn to deal with them. That may take a little while which is why getting locked into an uncomfortable position isn't such a good idea.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

Once in the log chain cuffs, you may not be able to remove what you are wearing.
witch could be interesting.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

RAE123 wrote:Once in the log chain cuffs, you may not be able to remove what you are wearing.
witch could be interesting.
Things become much more fun when a nice attentive lady is holding the keys and refuses to let you remove any of the toys.