Nylon cross wrist cuffs - opinions?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Emily
Unfettered Newbie

Nylon cross wrist cuffs - opinions?

Unread post by Emily »

Hi folks,
I've found an item on eBay which is called "nylon cross wrist cuffs", or a variation on that - they appear to be Chinese and I've seen several different sellers advertising similar items.

The basic idea is two padded nylon straps, fastened with velco and attached at right angles to each other, so as to form a cross shape when seen from above. The wrists are crossed and the two straps are fastened around them, one running vertically and one horizontally. Hopefully the velcro fastenings are positioned so it's impossible for the captive to loosen them.

A current example on eBay is here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nylon-Handcu ... 890.l49292

They look like they would be quick and easy to apply (or remove) and comfortable to wear, so I wanted to ask:
has anyone tried them?

I have no connection with the seller; I'm planning some future bondage play with a partner who isn't very experienced and I'm looking into easy ways for her to tie me up.

Emily x

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Nylon cross wrist cuffs - opinions?

Unread post by SergioUK »

They should be fine. The main vulnerability of velcro fastenings is that the wearer can undo the velcro by 'scraping' the strap against something - doorframe, chair back etc. - so think about how to apply them so the straps are behind your wrists so you can reach with fingers, and pointing in a direction so they can't be rubbed on anything. So if your arms are behind your back the straps would be between your wrists and your back and probably pointing upwards to make it harder to undo by pressing down over the back of a chair. A belt through that ring and round your waist would immobilise you further and make escape pretty much impossible.

Emily
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Emily »

Thanks Sergio, good advice. I like the belt idea too.
I was hoping someone might have tried them but if not, I guess I can be the guinea pig at that price. I'll order some and report back.

naelasa
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by naelasa »

have fun :D

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

One other thought is that if you find you can undo the strap by manipulating it against your back, a couple of turns of clingfilm (saran wrap) over the top should fix it, add a couple of turns of parcel or gaffa tape if you're a real escapologist, although I'd hope she'd be keeping you thoroughly distracted for the duration of your bondage.

That said, just using clingfilm alone is quick and cheap. Arms folded across behind your back with about three turns of clingfilm round the forearms is comfortable for sitting or lying down (but full head-to-toe mummification is even more fun for a longer scene).

Emily
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Emily »

All excellent ideas, thanks for the input Sergio.