Ties to sleep in?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.

Re: Ties to sleep in?

Unread postby Stahlketten » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:48 am

Tesgri wrote:Damn and here when I actually remember my dreams (which is rare) it's just walking around the backyard of childhood home.

This is a very rare occurrence for me which is why I posted about it. What I can't figure out is who the female was that was sleeping in the next bed in the dream. I can't recall if she was chained also, but I did not seem to want to wake her up.
She left a dim table lamp lit on her side, so visibility in the dream was not bad but not enough light to see who came to the door to check on us/me.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread postby Stahlketten » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:13 am

ruru67 wrote:Re getting a Darbys open without a key, I just opened a pair by tying a simple slip knot in a piece if paracord inner (thin, strong string) and placing it over the inner screw with a the small tweezers from my mini Swiss army knife. Pull the sliding end to tighten the loop (holding the fixed end down with the tweezers just above the knot), then just pull to open. Tug on the fixed end to loosen the loop again to get it out.

I think your idea would work if the Darby cuff was not jammed, but it sounds like this cuff was jammed so badly that even the proper key could not take the stress and fell apart.
The bolt on these cuffs sometimes gets worn or damaged in such a way that it isn't spring pressure that is holding it closed any more. I don't expect such a jam to be able to survive a solid strike with a 3/16 inch steel punch though.

The last time I encountered this was with a set of Hiatt's Pot Metal cuffs. The lock would catch sometimes, but you can free it by pushing the bow in further to take pressure off the bolt. I eventually took it apart and filed on the bold to remove the problems and then reassembled. The springs were also not so good, so I replaced them with ones from a shampoo bottle or pump soap dispenser. The new springs were a bit lighter, but were not going to rust like the originals had. The bolt itself was made of brass and very easy to work to take out burrs.
Reassembly was not that easy because the plug turned out to have voids in the casting.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread postby lotharj » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Stahlketten wrote:
ruru67 wrote:Re getting a Darbys open without a key, I just opened a pair by tying a simple slip knot in a piece if paracord inner (thin, strong string) and placing it over the inner screw with a the small tweezers from my mini Swiss army knife. Pull the sliding end to tighten the loop (holding the fixed end down with the tweezers just above the knot), then just pull to open. Tug on the fixed end to loosen the loop again to get it out.

I think your idea would work if the Darby cuff was not jammed, but it sounds like this cuff was jammed so badly that even the proper key could not take the stress and fell apart.
The bolt on these cuffs sometimes gets worn or damaged in such a way that it isn't spring pressure that is holding it closed any more. I don't expect such a jam to be able to survive a solid strike with a 3/16 inch steel punch though.

This exactly. The existing key pulled apart and the new key we got from eBay was about to do the same thing. I was forced to wear these long term over weekends, so they end up in the shower with me a lot and likely something rusted and broke. Honestly could have done much better maintenance like using grease/lubricants on them. My partner had mentioned they were getting difficult to close in the months prior.

I wear silicon cuffs long term now and heavy chains/padlocks in addition when my owner feels I need more security or when I act up a little. :D Last week I pushed to far and ended up having my used ankle socks taped in my mouth for an evening :?

Back on topic though, I'm writing this response while still chained by my ankles, wrists, and neck in bed waiting for my partner to wake. Forgot to take my phone last night :)

Ill mention again I usually have wonderful bondage dreams every night while restrained. Must be something about waking throughout the night shifting around against restraints that reminds me of it and carries into my dreams. Last night I dreamt that I had fallen off the side of the bed and was hanging tightly and completely wrapped in chains and couldn't move at all. My owner woke and shifted to my side of bed and was casually caressing / tickling me while in my predicament.
lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread postby roughlynice » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:18 pm

Have you tried leather cuffs? i've got the bonn wrist cuffs but everything from here ive gotten is really comfortable https://www.vpleather.com/collections/ankle-cuffs
roughlynice
Unfettered Newbie

Unread postby lotharj » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:36 am

roughlynice wrote:Have you tried leather cuffs? i've got the bonn wrist cuffs but everything from here ive gotten is really comfortable https://www.vpleather.com/collections/ankle-cuffs

We have quite an extensive collection including leather. I am always restrained at home (sleeping / showering as well) and leather gets quite a bit nasty after a while and is hard to clean. The silicone ones we have are probably the most resistant to everything I do in them and very comfortabe, however, they do get brittle after a while and can break. Leather does come out once and a while, but right now my owner is in a chain phase. Thanks for the suggestion though!
lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread postby Stahlketten » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:01 am

lotharj wrote:This exactly. The existing key pulled apart and the new key we got from eBay was about to do the same thing. I was forced to wear these long term over weekends, so they end up in the shower with me a lot and likely something rusted and broke. Honestly could have done much better maintenance like using grease/lubricants on them. My partner had mentioned they were getting difficult to close in the months prior.

If you are going to use Darby cuffs long term again and show with them (and get soap in them), I would suggest soaking them in a solution of Murphy's Oil Soap and water after use and drying them out. WD40 does a pretty fair job of displacing the water inside the lock though I hate the smell outside a garage and would use something else even if it is less effective.

I have a preference for metal bondage so if I had the same requirement for long term wear into the shower and exposure to water, I would buy a set of the stainless steel cuffs from China that require a padlock to close. Some of their round section cuffs are intended to close with an Allen screw but if you drill through the holes for the Allen screw, it will be large enough to use a fairly strong padlock. If the padlock ends up getting rusted and jammed, sawing through it and replacing it isn't that difficult or expensive.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread postby Natyropes » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Has anyone tried a way to sleep tied with ropes (not handcuffs or metal elements) so that you can still fall asleep?
Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby Tesgri » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Natyropes wrote:Has anyone tried a way to sleep tied with ropes (not handcuffs or metal elements) so that you can still fall asleep?

I've often fallen asleep with ropes, not exactly on my wrists though if that was the qualification. Mostly it's things like chest harnesses or tortoise shell style ties. I find that something like karada can be worn for numerous days if tied snugly but not to tightly. At least in the past I did, not tried it for a few years now.
Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby lotharj » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Natyropes wrote:Has anyone tried a way to sleep tied with ropes (not handcuffs or metal elements) so that you can still fall asleep?

A while ago I would be either be forced to tie myself or my my partner would with rope before bed. Usually consisted of double column ties around my insoles, ankles, knees, and wrists and a lashing from the footboard through each coil up through my wrists and collar and ending at the headboard. It was very comfortable, secure and never had circulation problems, but after a while my ankle bones and knees would get sore from constant pressure. It was remedied by putting bunched up silk scarves in the inside loop of the double column.

I loved this a lot but took a lot of time to rigand neither of us desired to do this every night when it got late. Also the rope marks took a while to go away and interfered with the days outside activities.
lotharj
Chair Bound

Previous

Return to Self-Bondage