Is wearing a ball gag acceptable in college?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!

Is wearing a ball gag acceptable in college?

Unread postby Bound_and_Determined » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 am

I recently bought a red silicone ball gag, and I can’t get enough of it. I love the feeling of having it in, and the saddest part is when I have to take it off. Would it be frowned upon if I wore it throughout my day in college? I go to a low-end public college currently.
Only when I am trapped do I feel free.
Bound_and_Determined
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Is wearing a ball gag acceptable in college?

Unread postby steellover » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 am

You could always tell people that wearing the gag is a political protest of some sort. :D
steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby ruru67 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:09 am

Performance art project. It's amazing what you can get away with if you call it art.

But on a more practical notes, firstly I think it would be extremely rude if you wore it to class. It would interfere with your ability to participate, and would be a distraction to other classmates and your teachers. They have enough on their plate without having their class's minds on things other than the class.

Secondly, I don't know what sort of college this is; people may be OK with it, and they may not. It's not like the neck chains several of my peers and I wore against school rules as our little statement of independence (but quietly pocketed if seeing the principal). It's going to be noticed, and your school may not want the attention.

Thirdly, do you want to be seen as the school nutter? You might already be that, in which case it may not hurt. You might even get kudos from certain quarters, but that's going to be far from universal. Again, I have no idea where you are or what sort of community you live and go to school in, but the worst case scenarios involve actual violence directed at "the weirdo".

That said, a former colleague once wore a suit of armour on an international flight because he didn't want to pay excess baggage charges ... granted this was before the security theatre post September 2001.
ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby tiemeupalso » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:14 pm

this would be subjecting your classmates to your kink without their permission.it is rude,but then again people have lost respect of others anymore.
tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread postby One Pivot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:40 am

tiemeupalso wrote:this would be subjecting your classmates to your kink without their permission.it is rude,but then again people have lost respect of others anymore.

Agree 100%.

You would be involving people in your kink without their consent. Nevermind manners, thats fundamentally not OK.
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/people/OnePivot
One Pivot
Unfettered Newbie

Unread postby Jimdini » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 pm

Bound_and_Determined wrote: Would it be frowned upon if I wore it throughout my day in college? I go to a low-end public college currently.

Apart from the unacceptable forcing of your kink on to others. How on earth could you participate in your studies, unable to ask questions, eat or drink.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?
Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby this_girl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Jimdini wrote:
Bound_and_Determined wrote: Would it be frowned upon if I wore it throughout my day in college? I go to a low-end public college currently.

Apart from the unacceptable forcing of your kink on to others. How on earth could you participate in your studies, unable to ask questions, eat or drink.

Not mentioning the effect of the drool over your notes ...
this_girl
Chair Bound

Unread postby Selfgags » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Announce a "Day of Silence" in support of some cause and urge all of your friends to wear a gag the whole day too... That would make it kinda legit lol
Selfgags
Unfettered Newbie

Return to Bondage & BDSM