Unusual Handcuffs

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.

Unusual Handcuffs

Unread postby Stahlketten » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:57 pm

What do you all do with handcuffs that are difficult to use by yourself or are impossible to put on or take off by yourself?
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Re: Unusual Handcuffs

Unread postby tiemeupalso » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:30 pm

got pics?
ive never seen what you describe
tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread postby Jimdini » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:40 pm

I find 'snap shut' Irish 8 cuffs very difficult to lock on behind me ;) and impossible to get out of without human assistance 8-) . So I can only use them when I have a human backup available :( . Otherwise they 'live' in my toybox.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?
Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby Stahlketten » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:32 pm

There are many different kinds but I was thinking Italian Bagno Handcuffs or Hamburg 8 cuffs.
I suppose Irish 8s would also be difficult but not impossible andI have been able to use those without any serious issues.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread postby Jimdini » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:16 am

Irish 8s are much more comfortable for longer sessions than ordinary handcuffs, but as they are rigid allow a lot less arm movement. This means you can get stiff shoulders and upper arms :roll: .
The older Hiatt rigid 'speedcuffs' are easier to lock on your wrists behind you, but get uncomfortable very quickly.
I would think Hamburg 8s would be difficult, but not totally impossible to escape from ;) .
I also have a set of rigid (6 inch bar) manacles with press button locks, which you can (with a little difficulty) lock on yourself, but, as your wrists are held so far apart, you need help to get out of :evil: .
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?
Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread postby Stahlketten » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:06 pm

With the Hamburg 8s, the first problem is getting the key in with the cuffs in the right angle relative to each other.
The "in" is harder to do than the angle because there needs to be a significant push after they are aligned with the key hole.
That push is against a pretty stiff spring from the latch and then on the set I have there also needs to be a slight sideways bend of the key to actually release the latch.
This is trivial with hands free. Not so trivial when wearing the cuffs because it is pretty hard to find a way to hold the key that will allow all these pressures in different directions. Putting the key in a bench vise might work but I haven't tried that.

One of the ways that I found to unlock hinged handcuffs from behind is to find a piece of rubber tubing like fuel line that is about a foot long and shove the key into it. At that point, the key can be aligned with the hole with some effort and turning it with the fuel line attached is pretty easy.
That should work for the Hiatt rigid cuffs as well. I am not about to try it because even when things go right, there tends to be a lot of marks and bruises.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread postby Stahlketten » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:47 pm

I finally managed to get the Bagno handcuffs on properly with a padlock.
They are quite uncomfortable because they are so close together and there is no room for wrists to turn.
They really are about as tough as the Irish-8 cuffs with the original screw open and non-snap shut locks.
Nice collector item, but there are few occasions I want to be that uncomfortable.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread postby lotharj » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:43 am

Long time ago, I made some simple wrist stocks out of a 2x6, a hinge, and one of those hasp locks. I didnt have a partner at the time and liked to fantasize about being locked in them. Played with them for a few months and one time when closing it on myself, the hasp actually caught and latched. The latch was way to far for me to reach and ended up having to smash it against the garage floor until it broke. I did manage to have a touchless orgasm in the process though so it was very excitedly dangerous. Had bruises for a long time on my wrists and never again built another.
lotharj
Chair Bound

Return to Self-Bondage