Duct Tape Wrap Gag Sticking To Hair

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

Duct Tape Wrap Gag Sticking To Hair

Unread post by ichtudirweh22 »

I am not sure this question was posted before, but I have seen a number of video's (including this one: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/9189765/Ran ... lf_Bondage at about 2:25 minutes) where someone with long hair wraps duct tape around their head and when they remove it, somehow there seems to be no hair pulled out.

I very much like the look of duct tape wrap gags (particularly better than that of self sticking bondage tape), but I tested a number of kinds of duct tape brands and types and they all do pretty bad things to hair. Maybe I haven't found a brand or type with weak enough glue? Or perhaps the tape is first unwound, then something is done to it to make it less sticky and then it is rewound? Any ideas? Thank you.

tonyleeds
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Duct Tape Wrap Gag Sticking To Hair

Unread post by tonyleeds »

That's not duct (duck) tape. It is sail repair tape. It is very very strong and the glue adheres to the tape very well but not to skin of such like. It's primary use is to repair nylon sails on windsurfer boards.

ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

That helps me a lot. Thank you. Would you happen know where I can find this sort of thing? These are the only ones I have found that seem promising.

http://www.adventurehardware.com.au/sea ... 5mm+Silver

http://www.adventurehardware.com.au/sea ... rs+Availab

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

tonyleeds wrote:That's not duct (duck) tape. It is sail repair tape. It is very very strong and the glue adheres to the tape very well but not to skin of such like. It's primary use is to repair nylon sails on windsurfer boards.

...it also doesn't seal the victim's mouth very well. If you use it, tape the mouth securely with duct tape, first. Of the tapes out there, 3m and Scotch duct tapes are the best about not leaving residue behind. Gorilla tape sticks well, but is FAR too strong for your hair, speaking as someone with long hair.

If duct tape is your only option(like it is, mine), to minimize sticking to hair(on any part of the body), try to apply it as smoothly as possible, avoiding wrinkles and folds. It will still grab your hair, but not as badly....and without the wrinkles, it will be easier to gently extricate the hair from the adhesive's grip.

I love the feel of the tape gripping my skin, and holding me unyieldingly immobile. However, as I have grown older, my taste for the aftermath has diminished(and, as all us guys know, once we climax, our interest in the predicament drops off drastically). Add to that, a full beard and mustache, I've resorted to other options.

Start with a 'classic' tape gag--just a couple of strips tight over the mouth. Next, wrap the mouth and head with 4" palette wrap, tightly. Then, wrap the duct tape tight, over that. The final look is the same.. the final effect is the same(tightly-sealed mouth)....you just do without the hair being yanked out, when you remove it.

ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

"I love the feel of the tape gripping my skin, and holding me unyieldingly immobile. However, as I have grown older, my taste for the aftermath has diminished(and, as all us guys know, once we climax, our interest in the predicament drops off drastically). Add to that, a full beard and mustache, I've resorted to other options."
Yes, I definitely understand that.

I figured that I would most likely have to go the route of duct tape directly over the mouth followed by palette wrap (or some other non adhesive wrap, like medical wrap or cloth) and THEN duct tape wrapped around. I was just wondering if there was a way to eliminate the palette wrap layer for the sake of saving time, all while keeping the silver tape look.

When I play with my partner, we like things to happen fast, aggressively and with much struggle, so having her hold still while I carefully wrap layer upon layer around her head is kind of a buzz kill. However, we aren't up for wrapping strong adhesive tape around her head and worrying about the damage later. We learned that the hard way. Even after applying it smoothly with no wrinkles it still pulled out lots of hair, possibly because her hair is too fine. And gorilla tape works awesome for sealing lips, but I agree that it is absolutely not suitable for hair.

With that being said, I will plan on purchasing the sail repair tape and seeing how it works applied over a stickier tape applied directly over the mouth. I have heard that Scotch 2000 Electrician's Bundling Tape is also easier on the hair than most other adhesive tapes, so I plan on trying that as well. I am just not a fan of the look of that shiny self adhesive "bondage tape". I find it generally ineffective and, for lack of a better word, wimpy. There is something about silver (sometimes black) duct tape that does it for me.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

boundBinder wrote:Next, wrap the mouth and head with 4" palette wrap, tightly.
ichtudirweh22 wrote:I figured that I would most likely have to go the route of duct tape directly over the mouth followed by palette wrap (or some other non adhesive wrap, like medical wrap or cloth) and THEN duct tape wrapped around. I was just wondering if there was a way to eliminate the palette wrap layer for the sake of saving time, all while keeping the silver tape look.
I really try not to be the grammar police -- it's the internet, after all, and that could turn out to be a full-time job -- but if anybody new to bondage tries to Google the phrase, it's correctly spelled (and pronounced) "pallet wrap." :D

A pallette is "a thin and usually oval or oblong board or tablet with a thumb hole at one end, used by painters for holding and mixing colors," pallet is "a small, low, portable platform on which goods are placed for storage or moving, as in a warehouse or vehicle."

Pallet wrap is the wider, thicker, heavier-duty cousin to food wrap that's found in warehouses worldwide to keep boxes and other merchandise upright and from shifting around while the pallets they're on are being moved -- it has nothing to do with painting and very little to do with art, unless you count its usefulness in bondage! :D

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/palette http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pallet?s=t

ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

stephanie_cd wrote:
boundBinder wrote:Next, wrap the mouth and head with 4" palette wrap, tightly.
ichtudirweh22 wrote:I figured that I would most likely have to go the route of duct tape directly over the mouth followed by palette wrap (or some other non adhesive wrap, like medical wrap or cloth) and THEN duct tape wrapped around. I was just wondering if there was a way to eliminate the palette wrap layer for the sake of saving time, all while keeping the silver tape look.
I really try not to be the grammar police -- it's the internet, after all, and that could turn out to be a full-time job -- but if anybody new to bondage tries to Google the phrase, it's correctly spelled (and pronounced) "pallet wrap." :D

A pallette is "a thin and usually oval or oblong board or tablet with a thumb hole at one end, used by painters for holding and mixing colors," pallet is "a small, low, portable platform on which goods are placed for storage or moving, as in a warehouse or vehicle."

Pallet wrap is the wider, thicker, heavier-duty cousin to food wrap that's found in warehouses worldwide to keep boxes and other merchandise upright and from shifting around while the pallets they're on are being moved -- it has nothing to do with painting and very little to do with art, unless you count its usefulness in bondage! :D

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/palette http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pallet?s=t
Lol o sry, I didnt no that lol

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

also pallet wrap can be bought in most big box hardware stores in 6" width. just right for making gags and covering it with duct tape.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

tiemeupalso wrote:also pallet wrap can be bought in most big box hardware stores in 6" width. just right for making gags and covering it with duct tape.

The stuff I use is 4".

ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

It has been years since I posted this, but I came across a technique that finally works.

So basically all you have to do is:

1) Take any cheap duct tape and unroll an amount that will wrap around someone's head a few times (around 8 feet).

2) Stick about 8 inches of it to the top of a doorway so that the rest of the strip is completely exposed to the air.

3) Spray the entire exposed adhesive side of the tape with unscented aerosol hairspray from about 8 inches away (Not too much. Exactly how much may require experimentation) and let it air dry for about ten minutes. This creates a sort of teflon feel, keeping very little adhesive properties left.

4) Roll it back up on a standard cardboard tube leftover from a used roll of duct tape. You will now have treated duct tape ready that will likely not rip out hair when you used it.

5) When someone is ready to be gagged, lightly dust their hair with hairspray. This will further reduce the chances of hair sticking to the tape.

6) Have them open their mouth a comfortable amount and stick a piece of microfoam tape over the open hole of their mouth.

7) Take whatever mouth stuffing you have and sort of pack it in the mouth up against the microfoam tape. The microfoam tape will serve as a sort of pocket and keep the mouth stuffing from travelling to close to the throat preventing choking.

8) Stick the 8 inches of treated duct tape that is still sticky over the mouth from cheek to cheek, covering the microfoam/mouth stuffing pocket, and then begin wrapping several times around the head with the strip of tape as flat as possible.

9) You will now have someone very effectively gagged with the disctict look of duct tape, but without the risk of ripping hair out of their head. You may continue to wrap more layers of untreated tape over the this, since the layer of treated tape will keep it from sticking anywhere unwanted.

Try it out and let me know what you think, or if you have additional comments to improve this technique.

ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

A less complicated method is by using a specific brand of tape, known as Commercial Electric Vinyl Bundling Tape. The adhesive seems to be just strong enough to stick, but not enough to rip hair out. This has worked better for me so far compared to 3M 3903, which is still good but just a little too sticky to guarantee not pulling hair out. Either way, firmly wrapping the tape as flat as possible will almost guarantee little to no hair removal.

Here is the link to the best silver tape for wrap gags I have used to date:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial- ... /202741845

ichtudirweh22
Unfettered Newbie

*Note: With long hair, I have noticed it is helpful to make a pony tail and wrap the tape directly over where the hair tie is. The hair is concentrated in one spot and there is less hair flying around to get caught on the adhesive.