The Straitjacket Megathread

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
JacketMaster
Unfettered Newbie

The Straitjacket Megathread

Unread post by JacketMaster »

Hello! I wanted this to be a thread all about and for fans of straitjackets.

For one reason or another, I love straitjackets. The way they fold and wrap around a girl, how they aren't "hard restraints" that could be uncomfortable like metal cuffs or chains, even rope in some ways, the fantasies you can play out with a woman locked away in a padded cell, they are awesome.

I myself want a canvas jacket, and this one looks to be the perfect one-

https://www.etsy.com/listing/765214896/ ... ck=1&frs=1

It's got everything. A main chest loop, twin crotch straps, bicep straps that are connected so they can be tightened, and small loops near the hands so that they can't raise their hands above their heads. Utterly inescapable. It also appeals to my sense of minimalism and form, I don't need a jacket with 50 straps and buckles and rings hanging off it to do it for me, usually less is more. It is- quite possibly- the perfect restraint. I swear this isn't an advertisement, please don't flag me.

Of course, I have no experience with restraints at all. I am a live-at-home college student with little in the way of income for my own place to make as sexy a place for me as possible. I'd like to hear your thoughts on straitjackets, which types seems to work the best for you and what you enjoy about 'em.
It's nice and cozy being the Master of Jackets.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Re: The Straitjacket Megathread

Unread post by Jimdini »

I own a couple of Straitjackets. One I can use solo and one that requires someone to strap me in.

The one I can use solo is canvas with zip and leather strap and buckle closure at the back, a leather buckle strap on the chest, the arms and crotch straps are secured by offset rings. Once the jacket is on you can, with difficulty, secure the crotch straps with your canvas encumbered hands and secure the straps from the ends of the sleeves together, cross your arms and flip the strap over your head and work this down your back until your arms are crossed on your chest where the front strap is. Next using a chair back I need to manoeuvre the front strap into its buckle and get the tang to engage as tightly as possible. Finally I trap the loose end of the strap holding the sleeves behind my back between a door and its jamb and pull to tighten this as much as I can. Finally I am securely strapped in a strait jacket to struggle happily. To escape you have to work the chest strap free (reverse of tightening) and then try and work your crossed arms up over your shoulders and head (if I have tightened the joining strap to tightly I might need help), and release the crotch straps and straps and zips. https://www.regulation.co.uk/bondage/re ... nline.html

I also have a leather SJ that zips up the back with straps to tighten it and secure the collar this has loops at the sides and two steps at the crotch and a buckling strap on the chest to secure the arms. Once the arms are buckled together you are not getting out , just have to struggle helplessly, getting sweaty, until you collapse exhausted as you hug yourself with your useless arms and hands and surrender yourself to your captor.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Genuine ... adjustable.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

ColonelShuffle
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by ColonelShuffle »

I’ve recently been very interested in being bound and gagged in a straight jacket. I’ve got my eye on some from Straightjacket Shop on Etsy. They look both extremely comfortable and restrictive at the same time. They’ve also got sleep sacks and mummification bandages, and I’m getting off track haha

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

JacketMaster wrote:I myself want a canvas jacket, and this one looks to be the perfect one-

https://www.etsy.com/listing/765214896/ ... -play-with
I have the earlier version of that same jacket, but all light coloured, more like this one, with the turtle neck option. It's nice - it's not too heavy, but still feels pretty strong. It's well made; there's no sense that anything is going to come apart.

When I got mine, he was using some rather nasty friction sliders for buckles (the sort of thing you'd use on a bag strap to adjust the size), and non-welded D-rings. It looked a lot like the jackets from StraitJacketShop, e.g. this one = if you look carefully at the pics on that listing, you can see the "buckles". They're not nice at all - very hard to tighten, and you have to feed the strap back through the slider and pull tight after positioning, because if you don't, they come loosen very quickly.

I (and presumably others) told Silent Teddy Bear how badly the hardware let the product down, and he's since changed sliders for proper way buckles that you can properly pull tight, and gone to welded D-rings that you actually could suspend from safely. Given those changes, I'd happily recommend his jackets. (And I'd stay away from the StraitJacketShop ones unless they start using better hardware.)

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

The straight jacket I am made to wear is made of black leather, has a turtle neck collar, straps to keep my arms secured in front and straps that go through my legs. It is one of the few restraints my partner brings out that still makes my heart flutter in excitement and and also get nervous as it is extremely secure and we don't have a good backup safety plan for. Usually I'm also put in leg cuffs and the collar is clipped to something wherever I'm led.

A good accessory we discovered a few years ago is a toilet bidet. If I'm wearing this jacket for more than a few hours and left to roam the house alone, I can go to the bathroom and clean myself by pushing the remote button with my toes.

chunkyknitsj
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by chunkyknitsj »

my partner and i are into straitjackets as well. we have a black leather bolero straitjacket from the stockroom that we enjoy playing with. one time, on a weekend get-away, i had her wear the straitjacket and covered her with a turtleneck sweater poncho as we walked around the neighborhood we were staying in. it was a lot of fun for her to be outside in bondage.

i would love to have a leather straitjacket for myself. when we visited SF a couple years ago, we went to the mr. s store where my partner had me try on the leather chastity shorts as well as their padded leather straitjacket together. never had i been more turned on when she kissed me in the dressing room. the combination of being horny and helpless is amazing.

one of our fantasies is for my partner to edge me for a week, lock me in that leather chastity and straitjacket outfit, and take me out for a walk on a leash. perhaps we'd be going to the folsom street fair or similar. and my partner would tease me by wearing a sexy leather outfit with a fur coat or, better yet, a chunky mohair turtleneck sweater (another topic for another thread).

i'd bet i'm not the only one who enjoys the idea of being locked in a straitjacket only to be teased in some way!

r8864
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by r8864 »

After buying a straightjacket, I realize how lame some so-called escape from straightjacket is performed by some magicians. Real straightjacket has an extra strap around, which is absent in most of those performance.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

r8864 wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 10:00 After buying a straightjacket, I realize how lame some so-called escape from straightjacket is performed by some magicians. Real straightjacket has an extra strap around, which is absent in most of those performance.
Also, even if the jacket has the front loop, the jackets are 'tricked' having wider armholes and sleeves to give more wriggle room.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Straitjacketed01
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Straitjacketed01 »

I'm also into straitjackets leather version and so is my partner she loves the feeling of being strapped up helpless and I enjoy the feeling of hugging myself I generally wear a cardigan underneath my straitjacket and will normally sleep in it through winter months at night I have the leather jackets made by glacial leather and my arm securing straps are 2 x straps for the arms together not one so alot stronger and also more secure but the tension across both the straps on the arms is only 50 percent so the strength is massive it also has side and front loops with no buckles solid straps and 2 crotch straps for the legs 5 straps on the back and with a cardigan underneath allows very little movement live lk y times at night

chunkyknitsj
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by chunkyknitsj »

does anyone know a good place to buy a leather straitjacket with buckles you can padlock shut?

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Just put small (luggage size) through the hole in the tongue strap after the buckle.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

Jimdini wrote: 04 Jun 2022, 10:04 Just put small (luggage size) through the hole in the tongue strap after the buckle.
I suspect the word 'padlock' is missing, but you could also use small chain links, carabiners or key chain clips that would also make it impossible to undo a buckle by rubbing against something but wouldn't require keys. Something we would do was put something like a t-shirt or womens swimming costume over the straitjacket wearer, not just for security but to protect furniture from damage from the buckles.