ALT.com membership

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
GoddamE
Unfettered Newbie

RE: ALT.com membership

Unread post by GoddamE »

Does anyone here use that site because it has hundreds of people in my area that look like their up for anything but I can't contact them without a membership. I wouldn't even mind paying but the problem is, I don'thave my own credit card and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Any ideas?

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

I know the fealing...Same card problem... 
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

Cian
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Cian »

it my not be a dating site but i like fetlife.com more, its free and is generally just better :)

RopedDave
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by RopedDave »

I tried alt.com years ago, and while i did find some people in my area, nothing ever came of it. It is a good site, but the pay structures put me off in the end (or just paying in general. Poor uni student logic).

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

[quote="Cian"]it my not be a dating site but i like fetlife.com more, its free and is generally just better :) [/quote]  Thanks, Cian -- and a cool site it is, too!  My short answer to the original post: I signed up on alt.com as a paying  member a while back, set up a male "profile", didn't actively participate in the community there, and didn't meet many interesting people. As a result, I let my paid membership lapse, and still don't use it much.  I recently signed up again as a FREE member, set up a TV/TG profile, began participating in various aspects of the large community there, and as a result, have met a couple dozen interesting people and a couple hundred morons.   "Yes, I'm a guy in a skirt and high heels. No, sorry, I'm straight! Yes, really!  Yes, I appreciate that you're a guy who finds transvestites attractive, especially we kinky ones!  It's too bad that I'm not attracted to guys AT ALL. Yes, I like women -- I LOVE women! I love wearing their clothes, and yes, I love doing that with them, too! No, I don't WANT to do that with you, NOR with any other guys, and ... no, YOUR putting on a dress and stilettos will not "make you a woman" any more than ... no. No! NO!"  Good thing they have an "ignore" button.  I think a LOT of their members signed up from a link on their sister site that's devoted less to kink and more about quick "hook ups." What are they thinking? "A quick KINKY hook up? Why not?"  Still, I'm getting more out of that site now since I'm putting more time and effort into it, or that seems to be the cause/effect. Previously, I only put cash into it and didn't get much back.  Just my two cent's worth, your mileage may vary, etc. stephanie_cd   

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote="GoddamE"]Does anyone here use that site because it has hundreds of people in my area that look like their up for anything but I can't contact them without a membership. I wouldn't even mind paying but the problem is, I don'thave my own credit card and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Any ideas?[/quote]I have never been a member myself, but thought about it years ago.  One thing I can say is the faces don't usually match the profiles they advertise for.  When you become a member that is not true, but as a potential buyer, they list profiles in your area (in the ads) and put attractive women in them.As for the credit card dilemma, a pre-pay can solve that pretty easy.  I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but the USA you can get them at any gas station or supermarket.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

Johnny242
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Johnny242 »

[quote="stephanie_cd"][quote="Cian"]it my not be a dating site but i like fetlife.com more, its free and is generally just better :) [/quote]  Thanks, Cian -- and a cool site it is, too![/quote]Seconded. I'd not been aware of that site, so thanks!

Cape Cod Richie
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cape Cod Richie »

Nice site that fetlife. I joined. Cape Cod is like a desert for fun people as usual. Oh well. I'm not moving, so there.........

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

Signed up, now to check out what's available...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

FetishMan69
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by FetishMan69 »

You can get a pre-pay credit card from :-
http://www.cashplus.co.uk/
https://www.3vcash.com/index.html

I have used both and they work fine. I'm from the UK so you should be able to get them.

Hope that helps....

GoddamE
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by GoddamE »

Thanks for the site. I joined it. As for the pre-paid cards, I've never heard about them existing in Ireland but it doesn't mean they don't

Cian
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Cian »

[quote="FetishMan69"]You can get a pre-pay credit card from :-http://www.cashplus.co.uk/https://www.3 ... ndex.htmlI have used both and they work fine. I'm from the UK so you should be able to get them.Hope that helps.... [/quote]virgin money also do a pretty good one :)

IceStorm
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by IceStorm »

I met my wife of almost 5 years on alt. The pay part does suck a bit but I can say that in the end it did pay off for me and her. 

latexbarbieTS
Chair Bound

Unread post by latexbarbieTS »

Unfortunately on alt you'll go through 1000 morons for every 1 nice person. I've been on there 9 years now. I dont expect any connections from that site anymore. I just go there to hang out in the TG room and chat with friends.  BTW the more times your profile is viewed you can view others profiles in return, i've been a free member almost the whole 9 years and have no problems viewing profiles.barbie