I made an app that lets you punish yourself

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
viny365
Unfettered Newbie

I made an app that lets you punish yourself

Unread post by viny365 »

Hello fellow kinksters! :)
I made an app that lets you punish yourself if you didn't do what you wanted to do called Punish Me App.

https://punishme.app

Here's my projects' explanation:

Years ago I was afraid of breaking the ice with the women I liked at a party. So I made a deal with a friend that I would give him $100 if I didn't break the ice with at least 10 women at the party that night. And it worked. I talked to them. Then the following time I failed, and I gave him $100 and that hurt so much, I felt bad and disappointed in myself, I even felt stupid for giving him that $100, but that motivated me to succeed the next time and the next and the next.

I think this simple system can help people who really want to do something but just cannot let themselves do it. Punish yourself a couple of times, see how bad that feels and you won't do it again.

TOOLS USED

This is my first ever app and part of the homework I am doing for a book I am reading about making apps. The homework instructed to make your first app using whatever tool you know and solving a problem for yourself that others could have too.

FEEDBACK

Let me know how I can improve it, I'm in the comments here immediately fixing things!

Thanks! Mark

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: I made an app that lets you punish yourself

Unread post by Petrajane »

Feedback, I did what I wanted to do today, but no way to select Yes that I could see, so basically you're going to rip people off?

viny365
Unfettered Newbie

Re: I made an app that lets you punish yourself

Unread post by viny365 »

Petrajane wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 15:59 Feedback, I did what I wanted to do today, but no way to select Yes that I could see, so basically you're going to rip people off?
Unfortunately I had to remove the Yes option now because I got about 300 yes in a few minutes and my server was starting to overcharge me since I have fees to pay per form submission. So I left it to the no. You can choose to punish yourself by sending money to people in a political party you don't like or burning $100 or flush it down the toilet. The point is to hate it so you do better next time.