Ties to sleep in?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
naelasa
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Ties to sleep in?

Unread post by naelasa »

true, true..it's not like I don't try to sleep...maybe I should experiment hehe

Karren
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Karren »

Actually what works really good as ties are bras. Last night I took 6 of my bras and tied my legs and arms. Wrapping them around a couple times then hooking them on the bottom. Wore a tightly laced corset.... Also bound my breasts with a set of pipe clamps which I had to tighten a couple times during the night. Slept pretty good except I did have to pee bad so untied myself about 3am to use the bathroom. Then tied myself back up and got a couple more hours sleep. Think my breasts look larger this morning! Lol.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

gaby0001
Chair Bound

Unread post by gaby0001 »

Karren wrote:Actually what works really good as ties are bras. Last night I took 6 of my bras and tied my legs and arms. Wrapping them around a couple times then hooking them on the bottom. Wore a tightly laced corset.... Also bound my breasts with a set of pipe clamps which I had to tighten a couple times during the night. Slept pretty good except I did have to pee bad so untied myself about 3am to use the bathroom. Then tied myself back up and got a couple more hours sleep. Think my breasts look larger this morning! Lol.
I think I would feel sorry for damaging my bras in that way. I think I will continue to prefer ropes for the bindings ;)

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Especially when bras can be damn expensive (depending on needed size).

Karren
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Karren »

gaby0001 wrote:
Karren wrote:Actually what works really good as ties are bras. Last night I took 6 of my bras and tied my legs and arms. Wrapping them around a couple times then hooking them on the bottom. Wore a tightly laced corset.... Also bound my breasts with a set of pipe clamps which I had to tighten a couple times during the night. Slept pretty good except I did have to pee bad so untied myself about 3am to use the bathroom. Then tied myself back up and got a couple more hours sleep. Think my breasts look larger this morning! Lol.
I think I would feel sorry for damaging my bras in that way. I think I will continue to prefer ropes for the bindings ;)
These were old.... and very rugged, mainly Playtex. Would take a nuclear blast to damage one of those!
Tesgri wrote:Especially when bras can be damn expensive (depending on needed size).
Some of them were less than $10 on sale at Walmart....
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

I've tried on occasion to sleep with my hands cuffs behind me, it never works out. Maybe someday, out of necessity perhaps, I'll manage it.

naelasa
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by naelasa »

Tesgri wrote:I've tried on occasion to sleep with my hands cuffs behind me, it never works out. Maybe someday, out of necessity perhaps, I'll manage it.
It's just a matter of allowing your body to get used to the feeling while you are falling asleep.

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

Tesgri wrote:I've tried on occasion to sleep with my hands cuffs behind me, it never works out. Maybe someday, out of necessity perhaps, I'll manage it.
So far I haven't been able to do it and I don't know if I'll ever be able to sleep like this. But the truth is, this is not something that takes away my sleep :lol:

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

I've been cuffed behind my back lots of times at night with leather cuffs, but no way I would do it with metal ones in the picture. I actually had to safe word out of those as it's too painful for me after a while (left some serious bruising) My partner and I just decided to throw them out from then on.

We have a pair of Darby cuffs that worked great too in bed up until the key broke while I was wearing them. That was an adventure. :shock:

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

To throw out a pair of metal cuffs that are fully functional seems rather silly.
One can always remove the sharp edges with a file, especially if the alternative is that they are trashed.
If you screw them up, there isn't much that is lost.

With Darby cuffs, usually the failure is in the key itself. Especially with the ones from India (which is about all of them these days), the keys are assembled from two pieces. One piece is a piece of sheet metal rolled around a threaded mandrel to take the female threads. It is then inserted and in theory forge welded into the handle. Some are done well. Some are not.
If there is an impending failure, usually there is an indication that the pieces of the key are separating.
I have only had one complete failure of a key and it wasn't in use so it wasn't such a big deal. The keys also don't tend to be very unique, so if you have more than one pair, chances are pretty good that another key will work. It only has to thread in about 1 to 1 & 1/2 threads to grab and even if it is cross threaded slightly, it really doesn't matter much. There is probably enough left of the old key to grab it with pliers and unlock that cuff and then use the remainder of the key to unlock the other cuff anyway.

Soldering the pieces of the key back together doesn't seem to work because the rolled metal and where it fit tend to have lots of garbage and are near impossible to clean well enough for solder to stick. I haven't tried other methods yet.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Stahlketten wrote:To throw out a pair of metal cuffs that are fully functional seems rather silly.
One can always remove the sharp edges with a file, especially if the alternative is that they are trashed.
If you screw them up, there isn't much that is lost."
They are fun for temporary restraint but the thin metal pieces always caused some sort of pain / numbness after a couple of hours on me. Wasnt so much the edges as it was just too thin on my wrists and ankles. We have far better restraints (clejuso, rigid, masterlock cycle, etc) in our collection and got rid of them to make space. I have been hog-cuffed like the picture above, tried to sleep, and it was not fun at all.
Stahlketten wrote: With Darby cuffs, usually the failure is in the key itself. Especially with the ones from India (which is about all of them these days), the keys are assembled from two pieces. One piece is a piece of sheet metal rolled around a threaded mandrel to take the female threads. It is then inserted and in theory forge welded into the handle. Some are done well. Some are not.
If there is an impending failure, usually there is an indication that the pieces of the key are separating.
I have only had one complete failure of a key and it wasn't in use so it wasn't such a big deal. The keys also don't tend to be very unique, so if you have more than one pair, chances are pretty good that another key will work. It only has to thread in about 1 to 1 & 1/2 threads to grab and even if it is cross threaded slightly, it really doesn't matter much. There is probably enough left of the old key to grab it with pliers and unlock that cuff and then use the remainder of the key to unlock the other cuff anyway.

Soldering the pieces of the key back together doesn't seem to work because the rolled metal and where it fit tend to have lots of garbage and are near impossible to clean well enough for solder to stick. I haven't tried other methods yet.
I found a picture we texted back then when we were embarrassingly trying to find someone locally. Ended up having to get another set and key on ebay, unfortunately had to burn a few "sick" days, and ultimately had to cut them off anyway as the new key didnt work as the part inside the cuff had seized somehow. Showering is not a great idea with these :?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (149.01 KiB) Viewed 15256 times

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

lotharj wrote:I found a picture we texted back then when we were embarrassingly trying to find someone locally. Ended up having to get another set and key on ebay, unfortunately had to burn a few "sick" days, and ultimately had to cut them off anyway as the new key didnt work as the part inside the cuff had seized somehow. Showering is not a great idea with these :?
Well now that just sounds like a fun story, after the fact of course. :)

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Looks like the threads came out of the key? Are they sitting in front of the key?
Looks like someone tried to assemble a key with a heli-coil. Those are strong but they are not intended for repeated use.
It also looks like the cuffs and key are better made than the typical stuff from India.

In the same situation, I would have tried a soft metal tube or rod with a taper reamed hole. Lubricate it so it won't seize when you try to force it to cut its own threads and then just pull hard. eBay sells escape toggles that use the same concept but they are made of plastic.

If that doesn't work, either drill the hinge pin or tap out the hinge pin. Chances are you will cause some significant damage to the cuffs by doing that though.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Last night I came up with a better idea for opening those Darby cuffs.
Drill a small hole in the plug that is crimped on top of the lock mechanism.
Slip a small punch or a nail with the tip squared off into the hole and push the bolt open against the spring pressure.
If it doesn't move, you can tap it with a small hammer.

It will obviously damage the cuffs but a small taper pin or screw can be forced into the hole as a repair and if it is filed even with the surface it will be barely visible and security is not significantly reduced.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Stahlketten wrote:Looks like the threads came out of the key? Are they sitting in front of the key?
That was the actual key housing shredded by the stuck pin. As it was being turned hard it cracked and pulled apart. A jig saw and several blades were all we could come up with to remedy it in the end.

We will keep your advice in the future, but our new pair has 2 keys :D

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

Has anyone tried sleeping encased in pantyhose? Seems a little more comfortable to sleep in :)
D5vShSRXoAUFknR.jpg

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I had an interesting and detailed dream last night.
I woke up in the middle of the night while in the dream I was attempting to unlock myself from cuffs around neck, wrists and ankles all connected.
It was such a smooth transition and the dream was so realistic that I was checking my wrist to see if I had finished removing the cuff on that side until I realized that I wasn't wearing cuffs anywhere. I was asleep again in a minute or two.
Nice interruption.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Damn and here when I actually remember my dreams (which is rare) it's just walking around the backyard of childhood home.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Re getting a Darbys open without a key, I just opened a pair by tying a simple slip knot in a piece if paracord inner (thin, strong string) and placing it over the inner screw with a the small tweezers from my mini Swiss army knife. Pull the sliding end to tighten the loop (holding the fixed end down with the tweezers just above the knot), then just pull to open. Tug on the fixed end to loosen the loop again to get it out.