Ties to sleep in?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Re: Ties to sleep in?

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Tesgri wrote:Damn and here when I actually remember my dreams (which is rare) it's just walking around the backyard of childhood home.
This is a very rare occurrence for me which is why I posted about it. What I can't figure out is who the female was that was sleeping in the next bed in the dream. I can't recall if she was chained also, but I did not seem to want to wake her up.
She left a dim table lamp lit on her side, so visibility in the dream was not bad but not enough light to see who came to the door to check on us/me.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

ruru67 wrote:Re getting a Darbys open without a key, I just opened a pair by tying a simple slip knot in a piece if paracord inner (thin, strong string) and placing it over the inner screw with a the small tweezers from my mini Swiss army knife. Pull the sliding end to tighten the loop (holding the fixed end down with the tweezers just above the knot), then just pull to open. Tug on the fixed end to loosen the loop again to get it out.
I think your idea would work if the Darby cuff was not jammed, but it sounds like this cuff was jammed so badly that even the proper key could not take the stress and fell apart.
The bolt on these cuffs sometimes gets worn or damaged in such a way that it isn't spring pressure that is holding it closed any more. I don't expect such a jam to be able to survive a solid strike with a 3/16 inch steel punch though.

The last time I encountered this was with a set of Hiatt's Pot Metal cuffs. The lock would catch sometimes, but you can free it by pushing the bow in further to take pressure off the bolt. I eventually took it apart and filed on the bold to remove the problems and then reassembled. The springs were also not so good, so I replaced them with ones from a shampoo bottle or pump soap dispenser. The new springs were a bit lighter, but were not going to rust like the originals had. The bolt itself was made of brass and very easy to work to take out burrs.
Reassembly was not that easy because the plug turned out to have voids in the casting.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Stahlketten wrote:
ruru67 wrote:Re getting a Darbys open without a key, I just opened a pair by tying a simple slip knot in a piece if paracord inner (thin, strong string) and placing it over the inner screw with a the small tweezers from my mini Swiss army knife. Pull the sliding end to tighten the loop (holding the fixed end down with the tweezers just above the knot), then just pull to open. Tug on the fixed end to loosen the loop again to get it out.
I think your idea would work if the Darby cuff was not jammed, but it sounds like this cuff was jammed so badly that even the proper key could not take the stress and fell apart.
The bolt on these cuffs sometimes gets worn or damaged in such a way that it isn't spring pressure that is holding it closed any more. I don't expect such a jam to be able to survive a solid strike with a 3/16 inch steel punch though.
This exactly. The existing key pulled apart and the new key we got from eBay was about to do the same thing. I was forced to wear these long term over weekends, so they end up in the shower with me a lot and likely something rusted and broke. Honestly could have done much better maintenance like using grease/lubricants on them. My partner had mentioned they were getting difficult to close in the months prior.

I wear silicon cuffs long term now and heavy chains/padlocks in addition when my owner feels I need more security or when I act up a little. :D Last week I pushed to far and ended up having my used ankle socks taped in my mouth for an evening :?

Back on topic though, I'm writing this response while still chained by my ankles, wrists, and neck in bed waiting for my partner to wake. Forgot to take my phone last night :)

Ill mention again I usually have wonderful bondage dreams every night while restrained. Must be something about waking throughout the night shifting around against restraints that reminds me of it and carries into my dreams. Last night I dreamt that I had fallen off the side of the bed and was hanging tightly and completely wrapped in chains and couldn't move at all. My owner woke and shifted to my side of bed and was casually caressing / tickling me while in my predicament.

roughlynice
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by roughlynice »

Have you tried leather cuffs? i've got the bonn wrist cuffs but everything from here ive gotten is really comfortable https://www.vpleather.com/collections/ankle-cuffs

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

roughlynice wrote:Have you tried leather cuffs? i've got the bonn wrist cuffs but everything from here ive gotten is really comfortable https://www.vpleather.com/collections/ankle-cuffs
We have quite an extensive collection including leather. I am always restrained at home (sleeping / showering as well) and leather gets quite a bit nasty after a while and is hard to clean. The silicone ones we have are probably the most resistant to everything I do in them and very comfortabe, however, they do get brittle after a while and can break. Leather does come out once and a while, but right now my owner is in a chain phase. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

lotharj wrote: This exactly. The existing key pulled apart and the new key we got from eBay was about to do the same thing. I was forced to wear these long term over weekends, so they end up in the shower with me a lot and likely something rusted and broke. Honestly could have done much better maintenance like using grease/lubricants on them. My partner had mentioned they were getting difficult to close in the months prior.
If you are going to use Darby cuffs long term again and show with them (and get soap in them), I would suggest soaking them in a solution of Murphy's Oil Soap and water after use and drying them out. WD40 does a pretty fair job of displacing the water inside the lock though I hate the smell outside a garage and would use something else even if it is less effective.

I have a preference for metal bondage so if I had the same requirement for long term wear into the shower and exposure to water, I would buy a set of the stainless steel cuffs from China that require a padlock to close. Some of their round section cuffs are intended to close with an Allen screw but if you drill through the holes for the Allen screw, it will be large enough to use a fairly strong padlock. If the padlock ends up getting rusted and jammed, sawing through it and replacing it isn't that difficult or expensive.

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

Has anyone tried a way to sleep tied with ropes (not handcuffs or metal elements) so that you can still fall asleep?

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Natyropes wrote:Has anyone tried a way to sleep tied with ropes (not handcuffs or metal elements) so that you can still fall asleep?
I've often fallen asleep with ropes, not exactly on my wrists though if that was the qualification. Mostly it's things like chest harnesses or tortoise shell style ties. I find that something like karada can be worn for numerous days if tied snugly but not to tightly. At least in the past I did, not tried it for a few years now.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Natyropes wrote:Has anyone tried a way to sleep tied with ropes (not handcuffs or metal elements) so that you can still fall asleep?
A while ago I would be either be forced to tie myself or my my partner would with rope before bed. Usually consisted of double column ties around my insoles, ankles, knees, and wrists and a lashing from the footboard through each coil up through my wrists and collar and ending at the headboard. It was very comfortable, secure and never had circulation problems, but after a while my ankle bones and knees would get sore from constant pressure. It was remedied by putting bunched up silk scarves in the inside loop of the double column.

I loved this a lot but took a lot of time to rigand neither of us desired to do this every night when it got late. Also the rope marks took a while to go away and interfered with the days outside activities.

Haruka
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Haruka »

last night i try to sleep while get tied up. still cant get to used to it. struggled to find comfortable position. my mind wont fall to sleep at all.

naelasa
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by naelasa »

In bed right now rope up my pussy, legs tied in a spread eagle position to the side bars of my bed, after I am done with my laptop I might add in my ball gag and handcuff my hands to my headboard behind me which is also a metal frame work so I can make it nice and sacure.

mitchy
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by mitchy »

When I was a kid, I used to get my mom to tuck me in really tight. prelude to kink?

supboy
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by supboy »

lotharj wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 16:05
A while ago I would be either be forced to tie myself or my my partner would with rope before bed. Usually consisted of double column ties around my insoles, ankles, knees, and wrists and a lashing from the footboard through each coil up through my wrists and collar and ending at the headboard. It was very comfortable, secure and never had circulation problems, but after a while my ankle bones and knees would get sore from constant pressure. It was remedied by putting bunched up silk scarves in the inside loop of the double column.

I loved this a lot but took a lot of time to rigand neither of us desired to do this every night when it got late. Also the rope marks took a while to go away and interfered with the days outside activities.
I once had a partner with whom we practiced bondage, handcuffing, and much more. She had a large bed with legs and a headrest, which could be handcuffed or tied with a rope. But after a while, we broke, and then I met another partner. After some time, I told him about what I liked and he agreed to try to tie me up. But we didn't take into account the fact that he has a completely different bed. There was nothing to hook the handcuffs to, so we decided to act differently.
We tied my wrists, pulled a rope under the mattress, pulled it out on the other side of it, and tied my other arm. In theory, I could get my hands, but I didn't want to. After the first try we have not thought of anything better how to pass two ropes under the mattress - one from wrist to leg, and the other also just the other way around. And it was convenient! Because you can't even get out that way! But this leaves almost no room for a partner.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

If this is your preferred bed bondage method, you can always create a small loop of some kind, perhaps a dog collar and use it as an attachment point for a chain. The guest could of course unbuckle the dog collar but not if s/he can't reach it. A girlfriend and I did the same thing a long time ago with a steel bed frame that had no convenient attachment points. We cut short pieces of chain and used the cut links to attach the pieces to spring holes in the bed frame and bent the links closed again. It would not have been hard to remove the chains if the guest had tools at hand, but when locked to the bed, nothing was getting removed with just bare hands. Those little lengths of chain were not obvious if anyone was visiting.

MT1659
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by MT1659 »

I have contemplated sleeping in ties. But there are some obstacles to overcome for me. I cannot have my wrists up against hard surfaces for extended periods.

I have thought of using some soft cuffs. But anything whatsoever that can irritate the nerves for prolonged periods is a no-no. I need to be able to flex/toss/turn during sleep, and also be able to release myself quickly in the event of an emergency.

I am curious as to whether or not other users of this forum have beared a similar predicament, and managed to overcome it. This thread got me craving with desire. But various factors have contributed to compromised circulation in my wrists and arms already.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

MT1659 wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 04:55 I have contemplated sleeping in ties. But there are some obstacles to overcome for me. I cannot have my wrists up against hard surfaces for extended periods.

I have thought of using some soft cuffs. But anything whatsoever that can irritate the nerves for prolonged periods is a no-no. I need to be able to flex/toss/turn during sleep, and also be able to release myself quickly in the event of an emergency.

I am curious as to whether or not other users of this forum have beared a similar predicament, and managed to overcome it. This thread got me craving with desire. But various factors have contributed to compromised circulation in my wrists and arms already.
Have you considered something like luggage claws? I think another name for these might be bungee straps? Elastic cords used to secure luggage to roof racks for cars, I'm sure they are still available. You'd just have to work out how to bend the claws so they don't dig in to you, or your bedding.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

The warm (hot) weather has let me achieve sleeping soundly in bondage for the first :o . After an exhausting day at work I got home had a light snack put the TV on in my bedroom and went for a refreshing shower.
Feeling a bit more awake I decided a half hour in my 'transport' combination* watching TV would be my reward for the draining days work. I locked them on Wrists to front) and settled down to watch the TV.
I woke with a start at 4 in the morning blearily wondering why I was chained up so securely :? . As the fog of sleep cleared I realised I had slept soundly in bondage for over eight hours :) Normally I would just doze tossing and turning against the restriction of my bonds :cry: . A very satisfying experience.

* Ankle manacles with a 10 inch chain, tight waist chain with a ring hanging from the middle, wrist manacles with single link and steel collar with ring at front, ankle chin has a 30 inch chain from the centre running through the ring on the waist chain to the wrist manacle link and a 20 inch chain runs from the wrist link to the collar ring
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

fetishdj
Chair Bound

Unread post by fetishdj »

No one seems to have mentioned sleep sacks in this discussion (well one person mentioned encased in nylon, which is not quite the same). I've been in one for a short time before and, assuming you have your face uncovered so you can breathe, I cannot see any safety issues with it. Absolute immobility, no way to escape.

I agree with some of the previous posters. Gags and collars (well ones tied to something else at least) are a higher risk of asphyxiation and should not be used (or at least make sure you carry out a very intensive risk assessment).

About the most I have done in this area is overnight chastity. That can get interesting... you are unaware of how many times you actually get aroused in the night until you are waking up everytime because your penis has swelled painfully in the cage :). I once had to use my emergency key to remove it and apologise to Mistress afterwards (she agreed I was right to remove it).

I may have to try some of the ideas in here for overnight bondage...

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

The concerns over sleeping in a gag are very warranted, but I sleep in a simple bandana-cleave-gag regularly, and have never had a single issue. We buy soft, 100% cotton bandanas, and for sleeping they are tied without a knot in the mouth, and not overly-tightly. You still have the "feel" of being gagged, but I have never experienced a single problem, and my wife insists that I be blindfolded and gagged for bed, almost every night.

simoxp43
Chair Bound

Unread post by simoxp43 »

I sleep tied 2 or 3 nights a week when not in a long BDSM session and usually I have my hand and ankle cuffed. Sometimes I add a chain that connect them together (the chain is long enough to let me relax my muscles).
I am not tied to the bed since I go many times to the bathroom and adult diaper are not too economic.

This is a simple way to sleep tied but in the morning I can release myself in a simple way (I use a padlock only when my girlfriend wants, not every time I sleep tied)
"A real men know is place".