Ties to sleep in?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Ties to sleep in?

Unread post by steellover »

It's all a matter of what you get used to. I wear handcuffs and shackles to bed every night and sleep quite well. In fact, on the rare occasion I have tried to sleep without them, I had trouble getting to sleep and did not sleep well once I did get to sleep.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Most times if I'm wanting to I stick with my leather cuffs, locked together, as I don't have to worry about pulling against them and hurting myself (as with metal handcuffs). I've also been known to sleep in rope, chest harnesses, karada/tortoise shell.

Never slept gagged, I think it's ill advised, and I don't trust myself to wake up and deal with any issues cause I sleep like a log.

There's more I've done but not alone.

gaby0001
Chair Bound

Unread post by gaby0001 »

So far I haven't been able to sleep bound and gagged. It turns me on too much to be able to sleep. :roll: :lol:

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

gaby0001 wrote:So far I haven't been able to sleep bound and gagged. It turns me on too much to be able to sleep. :roll: :lol:
I can certainly get that, fatigue doesn't eventually win out?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

One idea that I have found that doesn't seem to restrict sleep is to wear wrist and ankle cuffs that are not connected to anything. If they are leather and just barely tight, they won't restrict any movement but they will sometimes stimulate some nice dreams. I can't imagine how they could be scary for anyone. If they are metal, just make sure they are wide or rounded and have no sharp edges.

Most recently, I have sometimes worn Darby style cuffs to sleep. It seems like they have to have a minimum length of connecting chain between them not to interfere with sleep, at least for me. The reason for Darby cuffs is that they have rounded edges and leave no noticeable marks like regular handcuffs do.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Natyropes wrote:I would like to return to this subject because I find it interesting to find a way to be able to sleep like this. For me it is difficult to sleep all tied up (even worse if I'm gagged also). Only way that I was able to sleep tied up (not gagged) is when I asked my wife to tie me up when I was already asleep. I woke up for a moment but then I kept sleeping until the next day. :D
Still sleep like this almost every night. http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=106453

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

lotharj wrote:
Natyropes wrote:I would like to return to this subject because I find it interesting to find a way to be able to sleep like this. For me it is difficult to sleep all tied up (even worse if I'm gagged also). Only way that I was able to sleep tied up (not gagged) is when I asked my wife to tie me up when I was already asleep. I woke up for a moment but then I kept sleeping until the next day. :D
Still sleep like this almost every night. http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=106453
Thank you LotharJ, I liked your story (especially the part where you are spreadeagle at bed :D )

Haruka
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Haruka »

so it seems lot of people able to sleep when get tied up. im still new so i wonder if anyone could tell me usually how long or how many times it take for until you guys 'get used' to it and get a nice sleep instead?

Haruka
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Haruka »

Cd Tammy wrote:My first few times that I secured myself they were smaller ice releases and I got loose long before needing to sleep. The first time that I actually wound up sleeping restrained, I was crossdressed in pantyhose, a skirt, corset, blouse, and pumps. I had a vibrating egg inside me. My ankles were attached to a spreader bar. Then, before I could chicken out, I cuffed my wrists to a chain over my head. I cuffed as high as I could, almost too high. I had to stand on my toes. It was a cool night and the ice took far longer to melt than I expected. After many hours, I fell asleep. When I woke up, it took me a minute to figure out that I was still restrained.

I hurt in so many places. My toes hurt from them being bent so long. My feet hurt because the shoes were a bit too tight. My ankles were killing me. My thighs hurt from being spread so long. My waist hurt from the corset that I wore. But the biggest hurt? My arms from being above my head so long. And of course, my wrists hurt.

Another time I did the hogtie on a workbench. That was a good long one, too. I like releases that are going to take at least a couple hours.
may i ask did you can fall asleep with the vibrating egg? im gonna do this later so im curious.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Haruka wrote:so it seems lot of people able to sleep when get tied up. im still new so i wonder if anyone could tell me usually how long or how many times it take for until you guys 'get used' to it and get a nice sleep instead?
It's hard to say as we worked our way into the current way I'm extremely tied at night. With just my collar, wrists, and ankles cuffed in leather by connecting chains (not attached to the bed anywhere) it wasn't a problem sleeping. This was scenario in the beginning and was a wonderful way to sleep with my owner holding my leash while they slept. I'm a bit mischievious though ;) and quickly figured out a way to gently pry my leash out of my owners hand without waking them and get into trouble elsewhere in the house at night.

Shortly thereafter my collar was then locked to the headboard and this wasn't much of a change either as I could still roll around in bed. However the key to the headboard lock was usually nearby as my owner sometimes didn't want to get up to unlock me if I needed to use the bathroom (I would be punished though harshly the next day, so I try my hardest to never use it at night). Using some contortions though and some ingenuity with materials around I was able to reach the key and get loose again.

The biggest change came when my owner then decided to prevent me from getting at the key at all by restraining my ankles and wrists. My wrists chain was then attached to the bed at the head corner and likewise my ankle chain to the footboard corner. Initially out of my owner's initial frustration and spite my wrists and ankles were additionally locked together ring to ring. That first night I was having challenges getting comfortable and I got a few painful cramps in my arms from being bent all night. Didn't sleep much, however, started having wonderful bondage dreams when I did. I was in this situation for about a month and it took about a week or two to figure out how to position myself better, determine certain way to stretch a bit, and really get some solid rest like this.

After a while adding the additional lock to connect my wrist cuffs and ankle cuffs was stopped and actually now don't have to go through any special routines or positions now while I'm chained in bed.

There was a time where I managed to lasso the keys off the night stand with an extra rope nearby and get loose which resulted in me being in a straight jacket, leg sleeve, and blindfold with 15+ body straps going all the way to my big toes for a couple of nights thereafter. I wasn't very used to the straight jacket and that was a painful series of nights that I dont care to repeat.. Trying very hard to be a good pet in bed from now on.

I love having bondage dreams though and believe that by feeling restriction when moving at night is constantly cueing that in my mind. It's worth the restlessness in the beginning for sure. So many creative bdsm ideas have come from this that we end up playing out in real life.

Haruka
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Haruka »

lotharj wrote:
Haruka wrote:so it seems lot of people able to sleep when get tied up. im still new so i wonder if anyone could tell me usually how long or how many times it take for until you guys 'get used' to it and get a nice sleep instead?
It's hard to say as we worked our way into the current way I'm extremely tied at night. With just my collar, wrists, and ankles cuffed in leather by connecting chains (not attached to the bed anywhere) it wasn't a problem sleeping. This was scenario in the beginning and was a wonderful way to sleep with my owner holding my leash while they slept. I'm a bit mischievious though ;) and quickly figured out a way to gently pry my leash out of my owners hand without waking them and get into trouble elsewhere in the house at night.

Shortly thereafter my collar was then locked to the headboard and this wasn't much of a change either as I could still roll around in bed. However the key to the headboard lock was usually nearby as my owner sometimes didn't want to get up to unlock me if I needed to use the bathroom (I would be punished though harshly the next day, so I try my hardest to never use it at night). Using some contortions though and some ingenuity with materials around I was able to reach the key and get loose again.

The biggest change came when my owner then decided to prevent me from getting at the key at all by restraining my ankles and wrists. My wrists chain was then attached to the bed at the head corner and likewise my ankle chain to the footboard corner. Initially out of my owner's initial frustration and spite my wrists and ankles were additionally locked together ring to ring. That first night I was having challenges getting comfortable and I got a few painful cramps in my arms from being bent all night. Didn't sleep much, however, started having wonderful bondage dreams when I did. I was in this situation for about a month and it took about a week or two to figure out how to position myself better, determine certain way to stretch a bit, and really get some solid rest like this.

After a while adding the additional lock to connect my wrist cuffs and ankle cuffs was stopped and actually now don't have to go through any special routines or positions now while I'm chained in bed.

There was a time where I managed to lasso the keys off the night stand with an extra rope nearby and get loose which resulted in me being in a straight jacket, leg sleeve, and blindfold with 15+ body straps going all the way to my big toes for a couple of nights thereafter. I wasn't very used to the straight jacket and that was a painful series of nights that I dont care to repeat.. Trying very hard to be a good pet in bed from now on.

I love having bondage dreams though and believe that by feeling restriction when moving at night is constantly cueing that in my mind. It's worth the restlessness in the beginning for sure. So many creative bdsm ideas have come from this that we end up playing out in real life.
thanks for the insight. it seems the path is not easy but it eventually rewarded if we make it through. i'll keep this in mind in future wherever i get tied up at middle of night.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

passioncraftstore wrote:this is dangerous
I have to agree with passioncraftstore.
This is VERY dangerous. A leather collar at night isn't the best idea in my opinion. Having it attached to something with limbs restrained is allowing the possibility of getting something tangled and choking to death. You may think you have a lot of slack, but getting a leash or belt tangled may happen without you being aware.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Rather interesting to note that the best options are to sleep unrestrained (or at least avoid the neck) or totally immobilized since we can't trust what we'll do in our sleep and harm is so easy.

I can see the appeal of using a leash and maybe it'd be safer if the collar could spin about (ie. the metal turian style I wear) but it's not really something I'm interested in testing. The concepts nice, the fantasy enticing, but I have to say that - other bondage aside - anything that can restrict or interfere with breathing in any way is a bad idea while sleeping. No fantasy is worth serious harm.

For an apex species we are really fragile and poorly designed, heh.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

My opinion is that a rigid collar is pretty safe and limbs tied together are also pretty safe and having a wrist or ankle or even both ankles chained to the bed is still fairly safe as long as the chain is reasonably long. Sharp edges are bad and anything that can influence breathing is bad.

gaby0001
Chair Bound

Tesgri wrote:
gaby0001 wrote:So far I haven't been able to sleep bound and gagged. It turns me on too much to be able to sleep. :roll: :lol:
I can certainly get that, fatigue doesn't eventually win out?
I'm just a little sleepy, but I don't really sleep, but the next day I'm in a bad way, with terrible dark circles under my eyes :?

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Stahlketten wrote:
passioncraftstore wrote:this is dangerous
I have to agree with passioncraftstore.
This is VERY dangerous. A leather collar at night isn't the best idea in my opinion. Having it attached to something with limbs restrained is allowing the possibility of getting something tangled and choking to death. You may think you have a lot of slack, but getting a leash or belt tangled may happen without you being aware.
Never really considered or occurred to me if this was dangerous. I have slept like this almost every night for 2 years and never was I tangled in something especially around my neck. My collar has a d ring in the front where the leash and the chain to the corner attach. My collar does rotate only because I will lay on one side or the other forcing me to spin my neck inside of it while the d ring remains in place relatively.

I'll definitely be thinking about this tonight though.

gaby0001
Chair Bound

lotharj wrote: I'll definitely be thinking about this tonight though.
It may also be good to consider that sometimes even the best plans can fail :ugeek:

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Last night, I was just playing with a pair of handcuffs and fell asleep while still wearing them.
Woke up this morning without remembering that I had them on. It was a nice surprise.

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

Stahlketten wrote:Last night, I was just playing with a pair of handcuffs and fell asleep while still wearing them.
Woke up this morning without remembering that I had them on. It was a nice surprise.
I hope you at least remembered quickly where you left the keys :D