Ties to sleep in?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Bound_and_Determined
Unfettered Newbie

Ties to sleep in?

Unread post by Bound_and_Determined »

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone knew or used any type of ties to sleep in, because I've always wanted to wake up a bit confused and tied up. I don't have any real bondage supplies, so what could I do with belts, scarves, etc? Any idea is a good one
Only when I am trapped do I feel free.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Ties to sleep in?

Unread post by RAE123 »

A simple tie of your legs to start with; Tie your ankles then just above your knees.
Do not try to tie real tight, just enough to limit your movements.
Once you get use to that, you can move on to something bigger.
Rae

Bound_and_Determined
Unfettered Newbie

Thanks Rae!
Will do.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Rae's suggestion is a good one- just avoid any ties that are too tight or elaborate or you won't be able to sleep. You may even experience some very unusual dreams.

Silkenvixen
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Silkenvixen »

The only way I've ever been able to sleep tied up is with my hands cuffed in front of me. Though once at least I also slept with my ankles tied. Most any other way and I can't sleep at all.

Funny story, one time I was in my hotel room, I was dog-dead-tired. I put on a little something, cleave gagged myself, tied my ankles, then my wrists in front, as I climbed into bed my eyes shot wide open and I was WIDE awake!

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

I can sleep with my legs wrapped, bound, or otherwise restrained but if I restrain my hands it is harder to sleep.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

i have slept in a spread eagle position several times.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

When I decide to do self bondage, sleeping bound is the only option. I have found that if I am restrained long enough, I will fall asleep even if in uncomfortable positions. One of the things with using ice as the timer, it is unpredictable. A few times I have been dissatisfied with how quickly the release happened, and have went to a larger container for the ice resulting in much longer than expected release times. In those occasions, I am most certain to sleep some.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Padlocked Chains on wrists and ankles all attached to a point in a closet.
It takes some getting used to but I sleep well under those conditions usually
If the chains are too noticeable, try locking leather cuffs.
Start with no connecting strap or chain and gradually add those as you get used to the rest.

- Stahlketten

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

My first few times that I secured myself they were smaller ice releases and I got loose long before needing to sleep. The first time that I actually wound up sleeping restrained, I was crossdressed in pantyhose, a skirt, corset, blouse, and pumps. I had a vibrating egg inside me. My ankles were attached to a spreader bar. Then, before I could chicken out, I cuffed my wrists to a chain over my head. I cuffed as high as I could, almost too high. I had to stand on my toes. It was a cool night and the ice took far longer to melt than I expected. After many hours, I fell asleep. When I woke up, it took me a minute to figure out that I was still restrained.

I hurt in so many places. My toes hurt from them being bent so long. My feet hurt because the shoes were a bit too tight. My ankles were killing me. My thighs hurt from being spread so long. My waist hurt from the corset that I wore. But the biggest hurt? My arms from being above my head so long. And of course, my wrists hurt.

Another time I did the hogtie on a workbench. That was a good long one, too. I like releases that are going to take at least a couple hours.

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

Unread post by FatherOfFour »

Well,
this could so easily done almost without equipment:
- tight running pants and technical t-shirt
- two feet of 8mm rope at my ankles
- sleeping bag right on the floor
- office binders on my nipples
- another two feet of rope for my hands, not a tight knot, but enough to keep my hands "occupied" under my lower-back

Last time I did it (next to my wife's bed) was OK, bound my ankles tight, parallel, bone to bone, knees also. Useless in a tight sleeping-bag, but anyway...
The pinnacle was the "boxtie" under my lower-back (no real tight knots, mostly winding the rope...), combined with the office binders... They looked easy at the beginning, but after 20-30 minutes (took a nap), my hands were numb, I hardly managed to untie and "relax" on the hard wood floor.
Tried to arrange the ankles a little skewed, and fell asleep feeling the draft on my face
In the morning, woke up first to put away the props, sore from the floor, but apart from some red eyes, nothing that wasn't gone after the hot shower!
In my opinion, "steeling" those sessions from a vanilla couple life is worth all the trouble...
BUT be careful: even if proper done, sleeping in bondage have to be treated seriously!...

Have fun, test and re-test...
f4

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

Years ago, my wife would put me in my strait jacket, an ankle hobble, and a sensory
depriving hood with large gag.
I would wonder around the house all day on a Saturday, much fun.
so when it came to bed time, my wife thought to leave me restrained.
well at first it was OK; But after a few hours, my shoulders began to ache
real bad. She tried to give my a few aspirin, but that did nothing.
So off came the jacket.
I think tiring to lay down wearing the jacket was the hurt part.
your weight shifts enough to make your mussels shift to an uncomfortable spot.
Rader

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

have done it spread eagle a few times. I always use a blindfold, so when I wake up there is more disorientation. Enjoyed it every time. Pro tip: be sure to go to the bathroom before tying yourself.
dSteve

Marigold
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Marigold »

I've done this many times. After tying ankles and knees, I take two loops of soft rope which will just allow both hands through and, with my hands behind my back, slip my hands through one loop and twist my hands one over the other a couple of times so that the loop has a double twist between my wrists, then I slip my hands through the second loop and twist it once the other way. I can sleep very comfortably like this and have never woken to find I've managed to untwist the two loops in my sleep. It is very satisfying waking up in the morning to find oneself tied like this. A refinement is to attach a length of rope between the ankle tie and one of the wrist loops and thus create a hogtie, which can be as loose or as stringent as you can bear. A blindfold (though never a gag) adds to the sensation. Sleeping like this comes very easily for me.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Could I take this in a slightly different direction?
     The question seems to be what positions to be tied in are suitable for sleeping in, and various people have found various types of tie to work for them.
     But let me ask this a slightly different way, and see where it leads. How about being tied in any position that appeals, without regard to whether it is conducive to sleep? In that case, could it be said that you will eventually sleep when tired enough, if you are tied that position for hours and just can't get out of it?
     I would like to hear anyone's ideas on this. For the sake of discussing this, let's assume that: (a) the tying is done in a way that will not impede circulation or breathing, and (b) this is done on a night the morning after which you are free to sleep in as much as desired, to allow for the possibility that, although sleep may eventually be achieved, it may come much later than usual. Possibly we might also add (c) that, although the tying may be very restrictive, it should not involve significant pain, as I imagine that itself would prevent sleep for many people.
     Will you eventually sleep? Just in short snatches, no matter how tired you get? Or are there really positions in which it just is not possible to sleep?

Regards, Michael.

buck100
Chair Bound

Unread post by buck100 »

This is in response to Michael's post just above.

I like long term bondage. It needs to be fairly simple, comfortable, no pain. The bondage is such that I have lost freedom to move about the house. One of my favorite positions is to have my left wrist locked in a handcuff which is locked to a floor anchor. I can move around quite a bit but cannot stand up. There is a foam pad on the floor and several pillows. No cell phone and no clock. This is generally an overnight session. The release is a circular combination lock with the numbers blacked out with a magic marker. It requires lots of light to be able to open the lock. In other words the sun has to come up. Early morning twilight or other night time light coming in the window is not sufficient.

It takes 1 to 2 hours to get used to having the one wrist locked. After that I can roll over on my left side and sleep. I generally wake up a couple of times during the night but I generally get a good nights sleep. I wake up before the sun and just have to wait it out.

Second night. Same bondage except I have added ankle shackles connected with a 1 foot steel spreader bar. Now I can not get into a comfortable position on my left side. I am pretty much stuck on my back but can turn my upper body a little and get some fitful sleep. I am tired the next day.

Third night. Same bondage as second night but now also cuff right wrist to a 25 lb barbell. Can move around, but it is a lot of effort. The position is now a mild spreadeagle. This still meets the criteria of simple, comfortable, no pain. I can lift and move the barbell so it is on my left side, but it is not comfortable. I cannot sleep in this bondage unless I am really tired and then only drop off for short periods of time. I spend most of the night waiting for the sun to come up.

Buck

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

It seems fairly clear that some positions are just inherently hard to sleep in, no matter how tired you are. I was just wondering whether you could train yourself to sleep in them - even possibly sleep well.
     It's a question I occasionally think about, as there are things I can barely sleep during, and I've wondered if I could train myself to do so. Anyone who's followed my posts long-term here will be aware that my interests now lie more in being locked in small containers rather than being chained or bound; but the same principle should still apply all the same.
     I have taken to sometimes sleeping in a locked surfboard bag, and I suppose I don't sleep as well as usual there, but I can do so to a degree that seems to suffice. Most bags are too big, so I fill out the interior partially by placing a number of surfboard separating pads in, which not only makes it more snug, but also makes the bag a lot less flexible along its length, which itself significantly limits movement. (Placing the bag inside a slightly larger bag also has a similar effect.) In this situation, I can lie either on my back or my front, but the former is probably better, as the latter requires me to turn my head to one side. It is possible to switch from one position to the other without opening the bag, but it is hard, and tends to make you breathless for a few minutes - so it's not something you want to do very often.
     But I have long wondered whether I could train myself to sleep locked in a suitcase, in a curled-up position. I have successfully slept for a couple of hours like that, but not more - and I do have my doubts about whether that is a hard limit I could never get past, no matter how much I practised it. Part of the problem is that, whether asleep or awake, you do tend to ache after a few hours curled up like that, even if the position itself is not uncomfortable. It's not clear to me whether this is inherent, or whether it could be overcome by practising, or maybe increased fitness or flexibility.
     So I'm not sure. That's why I was interested to know others' thoughts about it.

Regards, Michael.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

I enjoy overnight bondage for the loss of control and resulting sexual frustration. There are two arrangements in which I can sleep comfortably all night:

A loose spreadeagle with ankles about 70cms apart (any further becomes very uncomfortable when lying on my back) and hands able to reach my head but not quite able to touch each other. This position allows me to lie on my back or roll onto either side.

An arms to the sides position, with ankles as above but wrists in cuffs chained to the sides of the bed and to a waist belt, all quite tight so I can't reach to pleasure myself, and a strap around my chest linked over my shoulders to the top of the bed to prevent sitting up. The classic Segufix position really. It's quite strict but comfortable.

The key to sleeping well is comfortable cuffs and lots of trial-and-error to get all the bindings the right lengths.

Pro tip: If I've consumed much liquid in the two hours before bed I'll wear a disposable nappy and plastic pants as I'll wake and not be able to sleep again sleep with a full bladder, otherwise I'll wear a washable all-in-one just in case. (The washables can don't last indefinitely as the plastic hardens with washing so disposables work out cheaper if they're likely to be used. I should probably look at conventional towelling nappies with rubber pants over.) Sometimes I'll drink a pint of cold water just before bed to make sure I'll have to use the nappy - because that's another freedom removed.

Bound_and_Determined
Unfettered Newbie

I guess I forgot to mention this in my original post. I am not like most people, I have the ability to sleep in any circumstance. I guess the real question I meant to ask was: what bondage would be best for waking up in, for a confusion factor and not being in much pain. I've always wanted to surprise myself.

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

I would like to return to this subject because I find it interesting to find a way to be able to sleep like this. For me it is difficult to sleep all tied up (even worse if I'm gagged also). Only way that I was able to sleep tied up (not gagged) is when I asked my wife to tie me up when I was already asleep. I woke up for a moment but then I kept sleeping until the next day. :D