Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Ass_Whiplash
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Unread post by Ass_Whiplash »

Just this past Friday evening, Mistress spontaneously (yay!) decided to put the prisoner restraints on me!

I spent the whole evening and night in them, and She had me running (well awkwardly shuffling) back and forth between the kitchen and the bedroom - fetching snacks and drinks, taking the dishes back and washing them/putting them away. For a couple of tasks (including baking and icing a cake) it was completely impossible so I had to beg to have one wrist uncuffed but the other wrist and my ankles remained connected. And naturally the moment I no longer needed that hand free, it was cuffed right back together with the other one.

Bedtime came around, and I washed and massaged Her feet in my chains, and then I clambered into bed and slept in my chains.

It was great, I stayed chained all night until about 9am Saturday morning when Mistress woke up and let me out. It works really well because although they are heavy and restrictive, I'm still able to get around and serve in most of the ways I would be able to when not chained (albeit much more slowly), so I get my bondage fix and Mistress doesn't have to do without Her slave. :D
Male slave in Victoria, BC - collared, in chastity, and married to my Magnificent Mistress.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

That sounds like a great time. Does Mistress like to chain you up, and are your wrist cuffs connected to your waist??
Rae

Ass_Whiplash
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Ass_Whiplash »

She does like to - it's a quick and easy way to get me restrained, and I'm still able to (much more slowly and more awkwardly) get around and serve. Even so, we don't do it that often.

The wrists are connected to each other (by a couple of very small chain links, just basically ordinary handcuffs) and to the ankles, but nothing is connected at the waist. We could easily wrap another chain around my waist over top of the wrist-to-ankle connecting chain, and possibly padlock the chains to each other, to make it more restrictive, but that might make it too restrictive if i'm still expected to be useful.
Male slave in Victoria, BC - collared, in chastity, and married to my Magnificent Mistress.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

I spent Friday afternoon locked up like this with ankle cuffs locked on. The handcuffs are standard double lock permanently attached to the leather waist harness. There are padlocks on all the buckles. The ankle cuffs are standard Hiatt double lock with a shortened chain restricting me to about six inch steps. This means the amount of things I can do is very restricted and the crotch straps make sitting down uncomfortable. :)
Attachments
Friday Waistharness cuffed and ballgagged.jpg
Friday Waistharness cuffed and ballgagged.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 55162 times
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

bootboydco
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by bootboydco »

I hobble myself in my high heel boots. I just got a pair of five inch heel white patent leather thigh high boots so I spent some time practicing walking in them.
Attachments
5" heel thigh high boots
5" heel thigh high boots

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

bootboydco wrote:I hobble myself in my high heel boots. I just got a pair of five inch heel white patent leather thigh high boots so I spent some time practicing walking in them.
Ooh, I used to have a pair of those! Can't remember what I did with them. I either put them in a charity bag, or they are up in the loft, somewhere I cannot get to now! :cry:

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Petrajane wrote: Ooh, I used to have a pair of those! Can't remember what I did with them. I either put them in a charity bag, or they are up in the loft, somewhere I cannot get to now! :cry:
Now WHY would you put them in a charity bag?

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

Stahlketten wrote:
Petrajane wrote: Ooh, I used to have a pair of those! Can't remember what I did with them. I either put them in a charity bag, or they are up in the loft, somewhere I cannot get to now! :cry:
Now WHY would you put them in a charity bag?
Was quite ill four years ago now, didn't want family to find when clearing house.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

dsteve wrote: I don't have a set of leg irons. would like a set of heavy ones like this.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1trYuKpXX ... -cuffs.jpg
I finally got a set of cuffs like these. The locks are pretty reliable and secure but note that the notches for the tab on the key are not pointing in the same direction. That means they really can't be used in the dark. I believe they are about the best made of the Chinese leg irons though they do come in a few different variations. Some have swivels on each cuff and some do not. The latest do not come with a permanent chain and are expected to use quick links to connect to a chain.

It is possible to make a quick link permanent without glue, but I haven't actually tried to do that yet.

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

I am pretty sure you can find links in different weights that can be closed and riveted for permanence.
https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel- ... C3KK&psc=1
dSteve

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Those chain links look pretty fair but are a bit expensive for the number I would be using.
In quantity off of eBay, they are not quite so bad. Drilling a hole through a quick link and putting a pin / rivet through would be functionally the same but not quite a nice looking. Another method would be to use a cold shut but although that would be very secure, it would not look very good. Where they would fit, I have been using anchor shackles and riveting the ends so that they can't be removed.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

I just use 5mm or 6mm steel chain, and open/close it. Basically:

Cut through one side of a link - I usually cut the original weld. Stick one end of the link firmly in a vice, close a big crescent (adjustable) spanner over the other end, and twist. You want the cut ends to move parallel to the cut - twist it open, don't pull it open. Just pull it far enough that you can get chain links in and out.

Re-arrange your links / cuffs / whatever how you want and reverse the process to close the link again. Yo should be able to twist it so the flats of the cuts almost meet.

I then solder it shut. This is more for looks than strength. I use lead-free tin solder and flux. You need a really hot soldering iron (for this I take my little 70W temperature controlled iron to 450°C - normal soldering is at 350°C), and you need to insulate the link you're soldering from the adjacent links, otherwise they'll just carry the heat away from your work. I use small pieces of leather between the links so they don't touch metal-to-metal. Lots of flux so it wets both sides of the cut, and just keep pouring heat and solder into it until it fills the cut. Take your time - the whole link needs to get up to temperature for the solder to flow into the cut. Once filled, let it cool and file off the excess solder with a small file.

A small gas torch may do a better or at least quicker job. And of course actual welding kit would be even better...

Chain that thick won't bend open unless you can get some really serious leverage on it (like the force between the spanner and vice). I wouldn't suspend on a joint like that, but for a set of shackles, it'll be fine. It will definitely get the look you're after:
IMG_0362-1.jpg
The opened link is the middle one. The link on the right is stainless steel (as is the cuff, to which it came permanently attached), whereas the stock chain is (cheaper) zinc-plated steel, hence the lighter colour.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Your work looks very good.
I have never had much success soldering heavy metal except with a torch and with chains, I find that they oxidize too fast once they are heated up. I don't have a high wattage soldering iron, only about 40-45 watts.
The size of that chain link would not work in going through a handcuff swivel which is one place I need to connect a chain.
I will probably use an anchor shackle there and just rivet the ends. The stainless anchor shackle blends in pretty well with nickel / chrome on cuffs and chain.

I am a bit hesitant to do this to connect stainless steel cuffs to stainless steel chain. It just would not look right

dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by dungeonmouse51 »

Stahlketten wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 14:01 If you do a couple searches on eBay, you can easily find what I did.
Here is one set but I do not know the quality:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel ... 2478376767

I am going to hold off on buying the leg irons in the link I posted earlier because of an issue with a prior item from the same dealer. Until that is resolved, I am not going to buy from them.
You have to beware when buying from China. Often their products are a bit less than expected. Their quality control is not good and sometimes there are really stupid things wrong with a set of toys that can't easily be fixed.
Reviving an old thread. I have a set just like that. I bought them on eBay from "quell88." Quality is very good and the size is as advertised. They aren't as heavy as they look in the photo. Heavier than standard issue police handcuffs but not by much. The edges are smooth and they are comfortable to wear for long periods. I can easily see wearing them 24/7 for an extended period. The locks work easier if you put a drop of light machine oil in the key hole and work them a few times. I really like them though I now have a set 4 cm wide that I like better!
Hard steel on soft shin
Chains rattle as my limbs move
Free to live as me

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Hi DungeonMouse,
I have since bought a couple sets of the items in my earlier link.
You are right, the quality is generally pretty good though there are some problems at times.
The cuffs are fairly well sized. The locks generally work pretty well, but only have three pins and sometimes one or more of the pins may not even be installed. That means the security of the lock is not great to begin with and sometimes it is pretty trivial to pick when there is only one pin. Spare lock sets are available though.
Sometimes the alignment of the cuffs is not so good, but I have been able to bend those to fix them.
The chains are a bit too short for my tastes, especially on the handcuffs and they do not make longer ones.
My preference for chains on leg irons is for the captive to be able to easily navigate stairs and regular police leg irons have about the correct length chain. Chains can always be shortened if necessary but lengthening them isn't so easy.
Another problem is that although the cuffs and their connecting chains are generally well made, the chains used to create combinations are not consistently installed and often have weld scrap still on them. Some of those pieces are like a 3/16 inch needle which is pretty dangerous. I believe the connecting chains were tumbled in abrasive which is supposed to remove sharp edges but sometimes, it just flattens out the spikes and they can easily get raised again and need a file to remove. Stainless steel appears to be quite hard and good quality though.

zixje
Chair Bound

Unread post by zixje »

Interesting!

I am locked in mine now :) It keeps feeling great :D

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

How long will you be in them and who has the key?

zixje
Chair Bound

Unread post by zixje »

Stahlketten wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 07:32 How long will you be in them and who has the key?
I was in them for about 4 hours. I am the one who has the key.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Four hours is a pretty long time in our house these days.
Those leg irons are sized pretty well and about as comfortable as they get.
Do you have a matching set of cuffs for your wrists and a collar to make the set complete?
Attaching all those together with a set of padlocks makes things more interesting!

zixje
Chair Bound

Unread post by zixje »

I have matching handcuffs and I also sometimes use a few chains and padlocks to create a waistchain on which the handcuffs are padlocked and a connector chain to my legirons.
I like feeling sort of a prisoner ;)