Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Unread post by orion1545 »

Does anyone else have the urge to get out of bed and slip on a pair of leg irons and heels and walk to the kitchen to get coffee?
Im alone one day a week, and I always have this urge to get into some bondage straight out of bed, then even come back and work at my computer in some bondage. Eventually I break out some bigger equipment and do a little bondage session before I clean up of course. If i lived alone I bet I would be in leg irons all the time.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Anyone else walk around their house in leg irons?

Unread post by RAE123 »

When at the computer, I often lock on my leather cuffs with a 12" chain locking them together.
Just enough bondage to let you know that your hooked up.
Rae

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

On occasion I have worn leg irons for a few hours around the house.
If you need to walk around a lot, a pair of leg warmers keeps the shackle from rubbing too much.
The only problem is that with the modern stuff, the leg irons are so light that there isn't much of a reminder that they are on unless you are walking around, so sometimes I would use the antique stuff which also makes a lot more noise.

What do you two do with the keys? Are they right next to you or a bit further away so that taking off toys before answering the door is more difficult?

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

Unread post by FatherOfFour »

orion1545 wrote:Does anyone else have the urge to get out of bed and...
I did some overnight scenarios, it's also interesting to wake up already bound...
orion1545 wrote:...then even come back and work at my computer in some bondage...
My computer, my workbench, my kitchen table - there are places I've anchored myself for the job-to-be-done.
Also my nipples tied to my office desk.
Didn't enjoyed the C&B loop to the chair (perhaps not my cup of tea) while eating...

Have fun, kink Your work
f4

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

I try to use heavier leg irons, such as Tower Double Locks, sometimes I go even heavier with Chinese style weighted leg irons, and yes you usually need to wear leggings or some padded material because they rub a lot. I tried the Chinese cuffs for just an hour one day without anything and all I can say is It wore my skin right off. I usually put the keys in the bedroom..Im never worried about anyone coming home or knocking on door.. if they did Id have no time to hobble to the bedroom before the door opened.

I've attached a pic of today's choice.
Attachments
20170614_081814.jpg

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I like your choice of jewelry.
I have a couple sets like that but only have a working key for one set. (The other set has a slightly narrower key slot and won't take the key that works in the first pair and I am not about to modify a key that works so well.)
Tower handcuffs and leg irons tend to be a bit temperamental and their keys vary a bit. Some of the keys are much too thin walled and will break easily. I have a few sets of Towers and they seem to have a higher percentage of problems than most.

This isn't self bondage, but my Jailer once put me in Chinese leg irons for a couple hours without any protection and stimulating turned to painful pretty quickly. Unfortunately for me, there was no way I could remove them and she does not check on me much when I am securely locked to something (which I was).

The Tower handcuffs in this picture have worked perfectly for years though we don't use them much. They make a lot more noise than most shackles.

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Yea , I know what you mean.. this beautiful set of Towers only came with one key, and im not even sure its the original. Cant loose or break this key, especially if im wearing them! That would NOT be good! I have a friend that TIG welds, I may have him try to create a stronger duplicate.

I cant imagine being in those chinese leg irons for to long without ankle protection. Rubbing off of the skin after just a little while. Those are NO Joke. But feel great when you lock them on at first!
Attachments
19143736_10156678024129848_1636334689798910998_o.jpg

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Hi Orion,

The key in your photograph is probably not an original.
There are three indications: The machining on it is very rough. The bow is not shaped the w the originals are. The bit does not have a small notch in it as the originals do.
I am not certain the key in my photograph is original because of the markings on the bow near the shaft, but it is otherwise correct in form.
Note that there is a small notch in the bit. This notch is toward the back for handcuffs and toward the front for leg irons.
You already know that your key works fine without the extra metal around the notch which is another indication of the lack of precision in these locks.

I have a bit of bad news for you though.
If you look closely at your photograph, you can see that the barrel is already cracked opposite the bit and the key may break at any time. Be careful if you must use this.

ILCO may make a blank that can be used to make a working key.
There are lots of other barrel keys from the same time period that could be made to fit.
I picked up a half dozen blanks a while back that I believe can be made to fit but have not actually tried to work on one yet.

orion1545
Unfettered Newbie

Yea, I took a good look at it, and its not a crack.. its a weld mark.. this key is solid.. ive actually tried to keep turning it in the cuff and it wont break. But it would be nice to have another JUST INCASE.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

You must be right. I took another look at the photograph after the last post I wrote and noted that this kind of pattern is pretty typical of a tube that was formed by wrapping a piece of steel around a mandrel. Keys for Darby type handcuffs are usually made that way and they have that kind of pattern.
This key just looked a bit cleaner than the typical Darby cuff key and that is why I originally thought it was a crack.

I also only have a single working key for several of the Tower style handcuffs and leg irons.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Here is a picture of one set of our Tower leg irons in use on a pair of very pretty feet.
I suppose this is off topic since it isn't self bondage and no, she does not have access to the key.
Attachments
Cute Feet locked in Tower Leg Irons
Cute Feet locked in Tower Leg Irons

SteelBondage20
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by SteelBondage20 »

Love this idea :D

joebk
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by joebk »

When I lived alone I started wearing leg irons all the time when I was home.
I wore a skirt and high heel boots with leg irons. The thing is that,
after about a month, the novelty wears off ant they just become
a nuisance.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

A month for the novelty to wear off seems like a long time.
A couple hours seems like a long time unless you are sitting in front of a computer or working some place where there is no need to move around and that normally does not happen.

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

Yes, I also like to wear leg chains at home.
I don't have a set of leg irons. would like a set of heavy ones like this.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1trYuKpXX ... -cuffs.jpg
what I have done is use a length of chain and two padlocks. Not as visually satisfying as real shackles, but it definitely does the job. Can make it as short or long and as light or heavy as you like. and, easier to explain. Longest I have worn a chain like that is maybe a few hours.
dSteve

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

dsteve, We seem to have the same taste in toys.
I have been debating on buying the same kind of item for months. If you get them, let me know how you like them. Everything looks good in photographs but sometimes the locks are poor quality.

Here are similar items on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-Stai ... 2618316019

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxury-Stainles ... 2584204101

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

eboth those look awesomely heavy. The five piece set would be fabulous. Do you know of anything similar with oval cuffs instead of round? I think that would fit much better.
dSteve

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

If you do a couple searches on eBay, you can easily find what I did.
Here is one set but I do not know the quality:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel ... 2478376767

I am going to hold off on buying the leg irons in the link I posted earlier because of an issue with a prior item from the same dealer. Until that is resolved, I am not going to buy from them.
You have to beware when buying from China. Often their products are a bit less than expected. Their quality control is not good and sometimes there are really stupid things wrong with a set of toys that can't easily be fixed.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

be careful when ordering leg cuffs over the net.
I ordered some a while beck and they were too small.
now I have a set of handcuffs with a long chain between them.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

tiemeupalso, You are absolutely right. That is why I check the dimensions against a modern set of adjustable leg irons.
When adjusted to fit comfortably, the fixed dimension is about 7 cm or 7.25 cm if I remember right and the adjustable longer dimension is about 9 cm. The round medieval style shackles we have are 3.5 inches internal diameter.
One set of leg irons I ordered in 8.0 cm diameter was about right though I would have preferred 8.5 cm but there were problems with the lock which does not appear to be removable and a couple other things as well.
These toys appear to be made by people who have no concept of how they will actually be used and quality control is inconsistent.