Unusual Handcuffs

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Unusual Handcuffs

Unread post by Jimdini »

Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

2kinky4most
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by 2kinky4most »

Thank you Jimdini! That's exactly what i was looking for :D
But what the f.. happend with the pricetag? From $95 :shock:
A regular pair with key cost around $36 where i live..

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Those handcuffs look like they are based on the old style S&W Model 100 with the dimples on each side to hold them in place while they are soldered together. The new style has exposed rivets.
Here is a less expensive alternative:

https://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/tacti ... handcuffs/

CTS Thompson makes a set of magnetic keys that turns a standard set of handcuffs into the same thing but of course the magnets mean that it is possible for the key to fall out. I have never used those, so I don't know how secure the keys are.

https://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/cts-t ... keys-pair/

S&W Model 100 handcuffs don't tend to cost that much. Even $36 is a bit expensive. The last two sets I bought new in box were $20 each (last year) and they were the newer style with exposed rivets.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote: 20 May 2021, 01:50 CTS Thompson makes a set of magnetic keys that turns a standard set of handcuffs into the same thing but of course the magnets mean that it is possible for the key to fall out. I have never used those, so I don't know how secure the keys are.

https://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/cts-t ... keys-pair/
I have a set of these, they stay in place but are not easy to turn and if you put the cuffs on with them away from your hands you have the usual problems, plus blocking the keyholes from extended keys.

The ZAK cuffs look like they might be easier to operate.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

There is the possibility of drilling through the cuffs and putting a knob on the opposite side as well.
I don't believe this would be very hard to do but I also don't have a need for cuffs that don't require a key.

2kinky4most
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by 2kinky4most »

Ooh thank you! They look awesome, both of them! :D

Unfortunately Handcuffs Warehouse only ships to USA and I live in Scandinavia.
I have to do some research and try to find it in Europe!
At least I have something to search for, I had never heard of training cuffs before :)

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Jimdini wrote: 07 May 2021, 07:53 They are 'snug' but as usual with manacles more comfortable than standard handcuffs as there is more surface area. Yes they are a single link, the longest I have gone so far is an hour, the pressure on the shoulders with wrists behind is more noticeable than the tight wrist bands, no noticeable circulation problems.
I just found out something surprising. I have four sets of these kinds of handcuffs and leg irons. One was bought about a decade ago and had a distinctly different key. The other three sets were bought over the years from several different eBay sellers. The same key unlocks all of the other three sets. I suspect there is only one key for ALL the locks that are manufactured now which is not a very secure way to do things.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 09:41 The same key unlocks all of the other three sets. I suspect there is only one key for ALL the locks that are manufactured now which is not a very secure way to do things.
That is good from my point of view, as it will mean more spare keys, I can have more back ups.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

The last set I got had a few fitting problems. I had to use a file to take the sharp edges off and open up the hole for the pin so that it would lock and unlock without effort. Otherwise the key would not fit and when it was forced in, it would not always unlock. The quality is definitely going down.

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

For this type of handcuffs, remember to always keep in mind the necessary safety measures to avoid having a bad experience. In the end I think the idea is to enjoy the moment and not the opposite.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

How is this any different from any other set with a unique key?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I finally picked up a set of Irish-8 handcuffs a couple months ago.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 03:43 I finally picked up a set of Irish-8 handcuffs a couple months ago.
Oh, which style, single snap lock, double snap lock or, single screw lock or double screw lock?

I find Irish-8 locked behind escape proof 8-) , as no matter which style I cannot get my fingers anywhere near the locks :D .

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

The other sets of cuffs that I have that are similar to these only have a top and bottom half.
When the two halves meet, they latch with a pin tumbler lock. These are different. The top and bottom halves need to be brought together and a darby style lock section hinges to latch the two halves together. It is not that difficult to put them on in front, but would probably need assistance from the Jailer to apply them in back. I don't imagine they would be comfortable for more than a few minutes, but I guess that is the point of "punishment" bondage. Maybe I will find out eventually.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 19:47 The top and bottom halves need to be brought together and a darby style lock section hinges to latch the two halves together. It is not that difficult to put them on in front, but would probably need assistance from the Jailer to apply them in back. I don't imagine they would be comfortable for more than a few minutes, but I guess that is the point of "punishment" bondage. Maybe I will find out eventually.
If it is a snap lock Darby style, you could probably put them on behind by leaning against something solid but would then be stuck. I have worn Irish-8 cuffs locked behind for over an hour and confirm it is murder on the shoulders as well as the wrists, you have very little arm movement and, if they are a close fit, little or no wrist rotation. I also felt my arms and hands were slightly numb (heavy} for a short period after I was released.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I have the set with only one Darby lock that hinges to hold the other two pieces together. Something has to hold the cuffs together on the prisoner and then push the locking part to latch the cuffs together

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

A rubber band around the centre of the two halves will let you get the cuffs on, then if you can push the hinged bar against something it can snap shut (not easy but I have managed this with a darby lock), of course you are still going to need the third party to release you.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Not sure I want to try this.
I am sure I can get them off but not without a bunch of bruises.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 01:23 Not sure I want to try this.
I am sure I can get them off but not without a bunch of bruises.
I will be truly impressed if you can get out of this style of Irish-8 cuffs without help from a third party, you can change your username to HarryHoudini. :lol:

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Harry Houdini’s challenge was to escape from a set of Bean Giants.
I have seen those for sale on eBay but they are a bit expensive for just messing around. I would not mind trying on a set just to be able to say that I did it.
I have gotten out of hinged handcuffs in back before but it left bruises and wasn’t easy. Those were Peerless. If they were Hiatts they would have left cuts as well as bruises. Hiatt handcuffs are well made but sharp.