Unusual Handcuffs

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Unusual Handcuffs

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 00:12 Harry Houdini’s challenge was to escape from a set of Bean Giants.
I have seen those for sale on eBay but they are a bit expensive for just messing around. I would not mind trying on a set just to be able to say that I did it.
I have gotten out of hinged handcuffs in back before but it left bruises and wasn’t easy. Those were Peerless. If they were Hiatts they would have left cuts as well as bruises. Hiatt handcuffs are well made but sharp.
Yes, I believe a lot of old handcuffs had locks that could be 'sprung' by a sharp blow on a hard surface.
I find that as the Irish-8s keep your wrists so close together, that I have virtually no wrist or lower arm movement, therefore I cannot manipulate anything to open the lock. (I think stage Escapologists would have to have 'tricked' locks) All the Irish-8s that I have are really close fitting and the metal is smoothly polished, they left marks from them, but I have not worn them long enough to get any bruising.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Just wearing the Peerless cuffs didn’t cause bruising. It was trying manipulate the key in the keyhole to get out that was doing it.
The nickel finish sets with or without exposed rivets are pretty well rounded but we have a newer black set with much sharper edges like the Hiatts. I don’t see those much since I gave them to my Jailer so that She would always have a set to use when she needed arrest me. I should have given her a more comfortable set but she doesn’t really use them much.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 02:05 The nickel finish sets with or without exposed rivets are pretty well rounded but we have a newer black set with much sharper edges like the Hiatts.
Yes, I know what you mean about Hiatts, I stopped using my Hiatt hinged cuffs as they were always digging in.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I have probably worn Hiatt cuffs more often than any other brand of modern restraints. A lady friend who liked to keep me chained up frequently had all Hiatt cuffs. I was there when she placed the order. It was an interesting feeling because I knew who would be wearing them most of the time. I probably should have suggested something more comfortable at the time. She was always more concerned about security than comfort. Those were fun times.

furontier
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by furontier »

I have 3 sets of cuffs like this, not really sure what it's called in the English speaking world, or even if it has an english name at all.
You can see how this kind of cuff works just by looking, it's just two U shaped cuffs with another steel peg going across.
Surprisingly enough, it can actually be used for selfbondage, just need to find the suitable diameter so that your wrist can't slip out, but still allows some movement, so that you can still insert and remove the peg. Or you can remove the peg using your mouth. It can be pretty tricky to put both hands in and keeping all the three parts aligned though.

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

These look very sexy to me. Looks like they would be very restrictive, but with the rounding, quite comfortable. Ordinary handcuffs can keep your hands close to each other, but that is about it. You can move your hands all around. These would only allow movement around one axis (the pin). But, I have a hard time believing they would be safe for self bondage. If anyone has tried these, and put them on and got them off without help, I'd like to hear about it.
dSteve

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

btw I think the name of those is "french handcuffs"
dSteve

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I have a couple sets of those. We have only used them a few times. I have put them on and taken them off without help. It is a lot more difficult to get them on than to take them off.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Recently finished making two working keys for Mattatuck handcuffs. I now have a couple sets that work with no problems and a couple sets that have some issues. Hopefully the issues can be fixed.