nervous

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
leider12000
Chair Bound

nervous

Unread post by leider12000 »

Hello people of this forum,

I do not know if I ask this before, but is it normal to feel nervous when you are doing selfbondage?
If so, are there any tips or hints I can use to be less nervous.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Re: nervous

Unread post by Tesgri »

I would say it's normal. And a healthy level of it should be kept - things can go wrong doing self-bondage and cause a lot of issues.

Practice and experience are really the only ways to get over it imo.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Yes, I would agree with Tesgri, there is always a risk with self bondage. If you are not nervous doing risky things of any sort, that is usually when mistakes occur.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

leider12000 wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 14:08 Hello people of this forum,

I do not know if I ask this before, but is it normal to feel nervous when you are doing selfbondage?
If so, are there any tips or hints I can use to be less nervous.
Can you tell us what it is about self bondage that makes you nervous?
Do you not have privacy and it is fear of being discovered?
Is it fear of getting into something that you cannot escape from?
Is it just the excitement and anticipation of being in bondage?

With proper preparation and safeguards, being able to escape is something that can be made nearly certain.
Multiple backups and precautions can reduce your risk to NEARLY nothing though bondage is never entirely safe.
As far as privacy, that depends on your living situation and I can't give advice there.
If it is just excitement and anticipation, that is a good thing and what most of us are looking for. Enjoy it.

leider12000
Chair Bound

Yes Stahlketten I think I can tell you what makes me nervous, but I do not know it for sure.
1. I have privacy but not fully/
2. I think it is the fear that I cannot escape
3. I also think it is the exciment and anticipation of being in bondage

That's why I really do not know what it is.

That's why I asked this question.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

I love self-bondage but am terrified of it at the same time. The balance that works for me is to make my emergency releases have a cost.

Some that I've used are:

* Key attached to a bucket of used motor oil.
* Key attached to wire that breaks when pulled; this gives a painful shock.
* Restraint held by a breakable zip tie. Breaking zip tie also releases a rock that is hovering above my phone.

In the case of a fire, all of the above are trivial. If just a little anxiety, the big brain can usually keep control knowing escape is possible. What is always been really interesting to me is I can't logically bring myself to release myself. I'm stuck unless anxiety takes over.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

leider12000
Chair Bound

Is it also possible that I need to change the way I am doing selfbondage?

I now use a computer program, that I can tell how much time I want te be tied up and gagged.
Is it better to freeze the key in ice?

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I use a Raspberry Pi with an electromagnet as my primary release. With hundreds of sessions over 5+ years, it has failed a few times. I've had to use a backup release to get free. No release is foolproof. There is always something that can fail that you'll never think of.

One of the most obscure failures was when the tab from the handcuff key ended up becoming perfectly balanced on the edge of the electromagnet. Even though it was weighted to ensure a magnetized key would fall, it was hooked in place. The slightest touch caused it to fall, but it doesn't matter when it's out of reach.

I typically have 3 total release methods and to date never had two fail in a row

leider12000
Chair Bound

Gaggedutopia,

So If I understand you correctly, it doesn't matter what kind of release you are using alsways have a backup just in case, right?

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Having back up releases is the cardinal rule for self bondage :!: , Ideally with a human as your final back up :oops:
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

leider12000
Chair Bound

What is a good backup release that I should use only for emergencies?
I like know that it is available but not allowed to use.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

leider12000 wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 16:08 What is a good backup release that I should use only for emergencies?
I like know that it is available but not allowed to use.
This will depend on your bondage (rope, tape, straps, Chains and handcuffs) and your mobility once bound. A common one is to tie a long string or twine to your emergency release (Safety shears, spares key{s}) and put the release in a bowl of dirty oil or grease (so you will leave a dirty and hard to remove trail on your floor if you use it). I would also suggest an emergency back up, such as having a help messages set up on your phone, to be sent 30 minutes after you plan on being free (don't forget to delete as soon as you escape :oops: ) addressed to a reliable friend/relative(or EMS).

I notice the young lady in your avatar is gagged :gag: , as you are nervous about the bondage I would avoid gags (you will find lots of warnings about the dangers of being gagged while in self bondage), of any type.

Haruka
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Haruka »

gaggedutopia wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 15:52 I use a Raspberry Pi with an electromagnet as my primary release. With hundreds of sessions over 5+ years, it has failed a few times. I've had to use a backup release to get free. No release is foolproof. There is always something that can fail that you'll never think of.

One of the most obscure failures was when the tab from the handcuff key ended up becoming perfectly balanced on the edge of the electromagnet. Even though it was weighted to ensure a magnetized key would fall, it was hooked in place. The slightest touch caused it to fall, but it doesn't matter when it's out of reach.

I typically have 3 total release methods and to date never had two fail in a row
any tutorial for this? like to try playing with rasbery pi.

leider12000
Chair Bound

This will depend on your bondage (rope, tape, straps, Chains and handcuffs) and your mobility once bound. A common one is to tie a long string or twine to your emergency release (Safety shears, spares key{s}) and put the release in a bowl of dirty oil or grease (so you will leave a dirty and hard to remove trail on your floor if you use it). I would also suggest an emergency back up, such as having a help messages set up on your phone, to be sent 30 minutes after you plan on being free (don't forget to delete as soon as you escape :oops: ) addressed to a reliable friend/relative(or EMS).
Thank you I will try somethings when I am going to do selfbondage.
I notice the young lady in your avatar is gagged :gag: , as you are nervous about the bondage I would avoid gags (you will find lots of warnings about the dangers of being gagged while in self bondage), of any type.
If I am not gagged I just can call out for help right?

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Haruka wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 18:25 If I am not gagged I just can call out for help right?
Yes :!: ,
As you are already nervous you could easily panic and choke on a gag , the risk of reflux gagging or choking is always there with a gag :gag: .
:!: It is safer not to wear a gag, :!: the gag safety warning :!: A strip of tape across the lips can often come free enough to open your mouth to shout, but if you are retching and you do bring something up it can still be enough to stop you clearing your mouth and air ways.
Although a lot of us SB practitioners do use gags. it is with he knowledge of the risks involved, and we will have tried the gags under stress when we can easily remove them :!: .
Gags that totally block the mouth shouldn't be avoided solo, like fully stuffing the mouth with cloth(risk of cloth spreading into throat) and held in by cloth, strap or taping, inflatable gags (e.g. butterfly, this will fill the mouth so completely no air can pass), as well as total enclosure hoods with just nose or mouth holes/gromets (if they dislodge you can suffocate).
Most people use ball gags not just for the visible look, but because you can breath round them (and gag talk) and usually make a fair bit of noise.
Remember the vast majority of videos/photo's you find on line (even those showing self bondage), have someone filming them who can help if they start to have breathing/choking problems while gagged.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Haruka wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 18:25 any tutorial for this? like to try playing with raspberry pi.
Kind of. Having a Raspberry Pi control a magnet isn't really difficult. The GPIO on the Pi is used to control the relay for the magnet. Most beginner tutorials will show you how to do something similar. If all you want is a magnet release you can do that with a simple wall timer with a power supply and magnet. Timer runs out, power is cut and key is release.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

A lot depends on the kind of self bondage you are interested in.
If you just like the physical sensation and aren't concerned with actually being escape proof, then have your escape mechanism very close at hand or not difficult to reach even while bound.

If you are into metal bondage, you can always put a pair of standard handcuffs into the link holding you in place.
If you can put both hands on the cuffs, you can probably break them with a little time. It isn't difficult but of course you will be out a pair of handcuffs. That is the deterrent.

Another possibility is to keep a cellphone handy. If your escape mechanism fails, you can call for help which you probably don't want to do because it would be embarrassing.

My opinion about timed escapes is that frozen keys in ice and a combination lock that depends on sunlight to see are pretty reliable.

leider12000
Chair Bound

Jimdini wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 20:25
Haruka wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 18:25 If I am not gagged I just can call out for help right?
Yes :!: ,
As you are already nervous you could easily panic and choke on a gag , the risk of reflux gagging or choking is always there with a gag :gag: .
:!: It is safer not to wear a gag, :!: the gag safety warning :!: A strip of tape across the lips can often come free enough to open your mouth to shout, but if you are retching and you do bring something up it can still be enough to stop you clearing your mouth and air ways.
Although a lot of us SB practitioners do use gags. it is with he knowledge of the risks involved, and we will have tried the gags under stress when we can easily remove them :!: .
Gags that totally block the mouth shouldn't be avoided solo, like fully stuffing the mouth with cloth(risk of cloth spreading into throat) and held in by cloth, strap or taping, inflatable gags (e.g. butterfly, this will fill the mouth so completely no air can pass), as well as total enclosure hoods with just nose or mouth holes/gromets (if they dislodge you can suffocate).
Most people use ball gags not just for the visible look, but because you can breath round them (and gag talk) and usually make a fair bit of noise.
Remember the vast majority of videos/photo's you find on line (even those showing self bondage), have someone filming them who can help if they start to have breathing/choking problems while gagged.
Ik like using a ballgag, because I know it is reasonble safe, I can breath normally

leider12000
Chair Bound

Stahlketten wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 00:41 A lot depends on the kind of self bondage you are interested in.
If you just like the physical sensation and aren't concerned with actually being escape proof, then have your escape mechanism very close at hand or not difficult to reach even while bound.

If you are into metal bondage, you can always put a pair of standard handcuffs into the link holding you in place.
If you can put both hands on the cuffs, you can probably break them with a little time. It isn't difficult but of course you will be out a pair of handcuffs. That is the deterrent.

Another possibility is to keep a cellphone handy. If your escape mechanism fails, you can call for help which you probably don't want to do because it would be embarrassing.

My opinion about timed escapes is that frozen keys in ice and a combination lock that depends on sunlight to see are pretty reliable.
I am familiar with handcuffs. I am going to use that the key is frozen in ice, but before I am going to use it, I am going to check how long it would take to meld the ice, then I am going to use that release not the computer program.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I have only tried the ice release a couple times.
A vitamin bottle or pill bottle makes a pretty good mould for the ice.
Tie two loops with pieces of string and put them on different sides of the vitamin bottle before filling with water.
Make sure the loops don't touch each other and the only thing connecting them is ice.
You can make several of these of different sizes and leave them in the freezer until you need them.
the loops make it easy to attach a weighted key to one loop and hang the ice from the other loop.

I was quite surprised at how long even a small piece of ice took to melt, so you might want to test the release a few times without being in bondage before actually relying on it for real.