DIY Suggestions for making winter jacket “lockable”?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
water2008
Unfettered Newbie

DIY Suggestions for making winter jacket “lockable”?

Unread post by water2008 »

I have a down jacket and sleeping bag fetish. Essentially I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations to properly prevent myself from being able to remove the jacket (ideally via padlock) without a key to a padlock. And for the sleeping bag, it’s a mummy style. And I’d want to make the zipper lockable so only my head sticks out, thus locking the rest of myself inside,

Thanks all!

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Re: DIY Suggestions for making winter jacket “lockable”?

Unread post by JaniceNoyb »

The sleeping bag would be tough, unless you already had at least one arm out or somebody else to unlock you.

For the jacket, you could sew a little eyelet or D ring up near the collar and put a padlock through the zipper tab and the ring. You could also lock a chain snugly around your waist, and/or thread a chain through both sleeves and across your back. Experiment with the length of chain depending on how much arm movement you want to allow yourself and lock the ends of the chain to each other or to your waist chain. Add a nice ballgag and cover it with a scarf or covid mask. Go out for a walk or a drive and leave the key at home. Hope you don't meet one of your neighbors who wants to stop and chat. (why don't they have a ballgagged smiley face?)